Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 441 - 450 of 603 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: trip suggestions for 4th of july weekend near bay area
Thanks Amy. Good point about the bugs. I need to be in Sonora that Sunday night though, so looking for something in that area for Saturday night. EDIT: those look like some pretty good options...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » trip suggestions for 4th of july weekend
June 23, 3:16pm

Re: trip suggestions for 4th of july weekend near bay area
I was also thinking about doing that loop that weekend, but just got conflicting answers when talking to 2 different rangers at yosemite. One said the stream crossings would be a little tricky but...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » trip suggestions for 4th of july weekend
June 23, 2:41pm

WTB: MLD Trailstar
A long shot, but worth a try

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Trailstar
June 23, 1:12pm

Re: Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
I don't know, man. That sounds like a fire hazard to me. I was only planning on using 4 strategically placed candles.

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 22, 2:09pm

Re: Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
Anyone know how much the push-pull cap weighs? If that fuel filter weighs 14 grams, would it be lighter to cut off the top (maybe heavier?) part of the platypus and not use the push-pull cap, but ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 22, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Re: On Trail Nutrition Questions
Thanks again. I did see all the websites that sell it, but didn't realize I could just get it at REI. Easy enough.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » On Trail Nutrition Questions
June 22, 11:00am

Re: Re: Is this beginner gear sufficient for a night or two?
Reading through this might help as well: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=37996 I also agree with Walter on this: "Beginne...

In GEAR » Is this beginner gear sufficient for a night or two?
June 22, 10:50am

Re: On Trail Nutrition Questions
Thanks guys. Sounds promising. I'll have to try it out and see how it works for me. I'll check out the Hammer website as well for some more info. Do you usually order the stuff online? ...

June 21, 11:39am

@ Greg: Training hikes? I figure the only way to train for the JMT is to hike the JMT, so this summer I'm hiking it to train for my real JMT hike which is next summer. Kidding, of course. So...

June 20, 2:53pm

"How many days, how many miles per day, and approximately what pack weight?" Thinking about this for the JMT this summer, so 17 days at about 13 miles per day. Still working on my gea...

June 20, 1:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm