BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant BPL Trip

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 441 - 450 of 576 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ...58

Forum » Thread

Whoever got #41, you're fast! If you change your mind, let me know.

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
June 06, 2:18pm

FS: Marmot Mica Large Mens New $75 shipped
bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Mica Large Mens New $75 shipped
June 06, 11:32am

Re: Tent for 3 People On First Half of JMT
Bumping this thread and adding....I ended up getting the Oware 9x9 pyramid for the 3 of us and I just used it for the first time this past weekend. It worked out great, but it is quite large and I...

In GEAR » Tent for 3 People On First Half of JMT
June 02, 12:55pm

FS: Marmot Mica Large Mens New $75 shipped
Passing this deal along. It didn't fit me quite right, so I got an OR Helium instead.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Mica Large Mens New $75 shipped
June 02, 12:45pm

Re: A little help please
I think the first step should be to go through all your gear and determine whether or not you need to bring each item. Studies show that items left at home contribute less to your pack weight than...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A little help please
May 26, 12:39pm

Re: A few (more) Lost Coast area questions.
cool, thanks. the ranger i spoke to made it seem like it was all beach camping. good to know we have options.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A few Lost Coast area questions.
May 25, 2:13pm

Re: Re: A few (more) Lost Coast area questions.
Thanks Ken. I'm assuming the camps up the bigger canyons are on regular soil and not sand? Was just talking to a ranger and they mentioned most sites are on sand, so I'm wondering if I ne...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A few Lost Coast area questions.
May 25, 12:41pm

Re: yup
"Also what do you think of a small neoair + a cut z-lite?" I cut 6 panels off my z-lite to use under my feet while sleeping and to put in the Swifts's pad slot. It fit nicely in t...

In Gear Lists » JMT July-August Gear List
May 24, 12:24pm

Re: review #1
I think the Swift will ended up lighter than what you listed. I forget exactly what mine weighs, but definitely a few ounces lighter and includes the stays and hip belt with pockets. Seems like a...

In Gear Lists » JMT July-August Gear List
May 23, 11:20am

Re: REI Anniversary Sale
Looks like a bunch of items are also on sale for greater than 20% off. At first glance I noticed a steripen, neoair and some bear canisters.

In Gear Deals » REI Anniversary Sale
May 20, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm