Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 441 - 450 of 615 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ...62

Forum » Thread

new REI merino hoody
I was in REI today and saw that they have an REI brand merino hoody. It's definitely lighter weight than the Ibex indie, but no fabric weight (or garment weight) is listed on REI's site (w...

In GEAR » new REI merino hoody
October 12, 6:03pm

Re: Stoic Hadron?
the anorak has been on steep and cheap recently for $99 IIRC. Stuff usually reappears on there so keep yr eyes peeled. edit: Tim beat me to the punch...

In GEAR » Stoic Hadron?
October 06, 8:29am

Re: Binding Tarp Edges With Grosgrain
I can't think of a good reason to do it. Seems heavy and unnecessarily complicated compared to a simple rolled seam.

In Make Your Own Gear » Binding Tarp Edges With Grosgrain
October 06, 7:53am

Re: supplies for DIY cuben construction
RS Hughes sells it but they rip you off big time on shipping. They sell some stuff through amazon, which is much more reasonable. I've ordered twice from them; once from amazon ($8 shipping f...

In Make Your Own Gear » were to buy 3m double sided cuben tape
October 04, 10:33am

Re: Encounters with the Archdruid
Great book. I really enjoy most of McPhee's stuff...

In Chaff » Please Read This
October 03, 9:01pm

Re: Re: patagonia r1 redux---questions
here's another thread with some grid power dry alternatives http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51304

In GEAR » Patagonia r1 full zip - alternative?
October 03, 1:58pm

Ibex hooded Indie size M NWT
New Ibex Indie hoody. Size Medium. sold.

In Gear Swap » Ibex hooded Indie size M NWT
October 01, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: REI Adventures Pants -- Good for Hot & Humid Climes?
I have some Adventure pants and only wear them in the winter because I usually find them too hot. Rest of the year is Patagonia Sol Patrol, which are much cooler, dry faster and are about half the...

In GEAR » REI Adventures Pants -- Good for Hot & Humid Climes?
September 29, 9:06am

Re: Re: thin sock durability (drymax???)
Heels and balls of my feet wear out at about the same time. I think part of the problem could also be the insoles that inov8 uses that have the little holes. Tiny rocks fit perfectly in the holes...

In GEAR » thin sock durability (drymax???)
September 29, 9:02am

thin sock durability (drymax???)
I've been using Darn Tough merino mesh 1/4 socks for a couple years now and love them, but after wearing through a new pair in a dayhike through the chute of Muddy Creek (an admittedly tough-on...

In GEAR » thin sock durability (drymax???)
September 29, 6:56am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.