BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 441 - 450 of 537 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

Miserable Environment
The most Miserable Environment that my soft, tender body can endure is a warm-sand-beach to warm-sand-beach hike around Lake Tahoe in July.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 04, 3:21pm

Clothing Layer for 10 - 25
My main concern is having full-length, completely separating zips on the pants, so over silk-weight Capilene long pants I wear: Marmot DriClime (not PreCip) windpants, then when not moving I add Pa...

In Winter Hiking » Clothing Layers for 10 - 25 degrees
January 31, 6:41pm

UL 8000 M boots
A dim memory just floated up out of my alcohol-ravaged brain: Vern Tejas wearing big, floppy, homemade boots on Denali in the video, "Expedition Denali." It looks like he's about to ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » UL 8000meters BOOTS
January 30, 10:36am

Would You Walk Past?
The next time I run into this situation, I think I will save the life of every Super Concientious Uber Self Sacrificing person who comes after me by packing snow onto the face of the incapacitated ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you walk past?
January 29, 10:00pm

Lost Camper Found
Use your Rambo knife to get some dry fuel from underneath a downed, rotten log where the rain has not yet soaked in, build a leafy lean-to, start a fire inside the lean-to, near the opening, and c...

In On the Web » Lost Camper Found
January 21, 10:17pm

Winter white out safety
I just poke the tacks into the little wifie, what kind of cruel monster do you take me for? I can't go into detail with current guidlines. Ed Viesturs says in his new book that he was almos...

In Winter Hiking » Winter White-Out Safety
January 21, 3:13pm

Food Intake for 20-hour Days
My most impressive race accomplishment is watching an entire “Ironman” on TV, but the book “Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes” seems to know what it is talking about, unlike me. ALTIT...

In GEAR » Food intake for 20 hour days
January 20, 11:33pm

Winter White-Out Safety
If your "basecamp" is in a wooded area, "Blazers, Light-Reflective Tacks," are lighter than wands. Personally, I make the little wifie and our ankle-biting kiddies spread out o...

In Winter Hiking » Winter White-Out Safety
January 20, 7:10pm

Lite insulation layer for JMT
Clever !!

In Make Your Own Gear » Lite insulation layer
January 18, 12:48pm

Lite insulation layer for JMT
I love it! As a non-expert I probably can't appreciate all the details, but that mummy-effect looks really warm. When you originally said "half-blanket," I was picturing a doggy blank...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lite insulation layer
January 18, 6:50am

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm