BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 441 - 450 of 611 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ...62

Forum » Thread

Miles Per Day in PA
Before my conversion I was hiking the Old Logger's Path in PA. We did a long 10 miles the first day and then another 10 the second and we were hurting - I was carrying around 42 pounds. As ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
April 01, 6:47am

Wood Burning Cook System - Wood Gas Stove
I just purchased a wood gas stove from Antig Outdoors. It nests, in its own stuffsack, inside an Evernew 1L Ti Pasta Pot (although it's about .5 inch taller than the pot). I haven't had...

In GEAR » Wood-Burning cook system suggestions?
March 28, 12:10pm

Rank the Bars - ProBar
I was wondering why ProBar wasn't on your list and then I saw your disclaimer that "no bar is worth $4". I disagree...I usually eat half a bar at a time - making the cost "per b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
March 28, 6:45am

Best spot to carry water
You can see it in my avatar - I carry a 2L Platy Hoser in the right-side pocket of my GG Murmur. Like Ben I've never noticed an imbalance in the pack, but I rarely put more than 1L in the Plat...

In GEAR » Where's the best spot to carry water?
March 25, 4:57am

Bivy Necessary? It Depends...
Diane, I'm 6' even and use a Gatewood Cape as my tarp and I do so without a bivy and haven't had any issues. If it looks like we might have heavy rain I'll throw in a tall kitch...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going tentless
March 24, 7:42am

eVent Jacket - The Packa?
Brett, I have a Packa in eVent in XL that is pretty big. My arms aren't quite as long as yours, but the sleeves bunch up on me. I'm not interested in selling it but I'd be happy ...

In GEAR » eVent jacket for the big and tall?
March 19, 9:09pm

Hammock Setup
Without an underquilt make sure you have a pad of some sort - your sleeping bag will compress to nothing under you and you could easily have a miserable night with temperatures in the 50's or 6...

In GEAR » Once and For All: Best Ultralight Hammock?
March 18, 6:48am

SMD Lunar Solo
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » SMD Lunar Solo $155.00
March 17, 7:24am

Susquehanna River Water
I don't live too far from the Susquehanna River and I would definitely NOT drink it. Depending on where you're planning to kayak you'll be passing campgrounds, state parks, and tow...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » River water drinkable?
March 16, 11:03am

Hammock Newbie
I think you'll find all your answers (and then some) over at Hammock Forums - I'm a Speer guy because of the size (I'm 6' even and 270 lbs). Good luck - You'll love hanging!

In Hammocks » New guy looking to try the hammock thing
March 07, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am