Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 441 - 450 of 478 | Page: 1 ...29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Forum » Thread

Re: Osprey packs.
You're right, Rob, there is no Atmos 24. But there is an Atmos 25 as described at the Osprey website below: http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/AtmosSeriesMens/Atmos25/ Osprey describes the...

In GEAR » suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
March 29, 12:51pm

Re: Tent colors
Mary Lee, Is your 1973 North Face the one they called the "Mountain Tent" -- with snow flaps, zippered cook hole, snow tunnel entrance in one end, a full-zip opening at the other end, ...

In GEAR » Tent colors
March 28, 4:15pm

Re: suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
Caleb, I believe someone suggested the Osprey Atmos 25 as maybe meeting your goals, but thought it might be heavier than you wanted. Per the manufacturer's specs, the Atmos 25 weighs 1 lb 1...

In GEAR » suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
March 28, 4:03pm

Snow Peak Titanium 900 on sale at OMC for $37.94
Oregon Mountain Community has the Snow Peak Ti 900 on sale for $37.94 versus $43.95 retail at this link: http://www.e-omc.com/catalog/products/2735/Snow-Peak-Trek-900-Titanium-Cook-Set.html T...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bushbuddy & Snow Peak 900 photos
March 25, 3:32pm

Re: Help on length of Arc Alpinist
I'm 5'11" and was also worried about the Alpinist's sizing for medium and long. Didn't want it too be short or too long, but just right. After discussing the size issue a few...

In GEAR » Help on length of Arc Alpinist
March 22, 11:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Wild Oasis by Six Moon Design
John, You commented that the Alphamid is about the same weight as a Hex, which I believe weighs about 31 ounces. That's apparently true for the Alphamid version that's made of 70 denier ...

In GEAR » Wild Oasis by Six Moon Design
March 17, 12:40am

Re: A Good Gravity Bag?
I use a Platypus Big Zip that came with a pair of grommets already installed at the top (at the zipper end) and the spigot at the bottom. Works great with its large opening to fill with unfiltered...

In GEAR » A Good Gravity Bag?
March 15, 12:53pm

Re: A wine cork
Keep wine from sloshing out of the bottle in your pack, as well as all of those other great ideas. JRS

In Multiple Use Gear » A wine cork
March 08, 6:40pm

Re: GLoomis or StCroix
Here's a couple of options: 1. Buy one of the BPL fly rod cases that's 36" long and cut it down to fit the rod you have or will get. BPL has these rod cases in two diameters: 1.5&...

In Fishing » GLoomis or StCroix
March 04, 4:08am

Re: Even cheaper at STP
And if STP's 20% coupon is still good, even cheaper still. See thread at: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/6515/index.html With the coupon code ...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt vs. Softshell
March 01, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm