Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 441 - 450 of 488 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: Nunatak quilts with Epic shell?
A few years ago, I used an Arc Alpinist with Epic shell on a trip into Alpine Lakes Wilderness in Washington. Didn't check temp at night, but there was snowfall that left a couple of inches on...

In GEAR » Nunatak quilts with Epic shell?
June 30, 8:11pm

Re: summer backpacking
One recommendation: Enchantment Lakes in the Alpine Wilderness of Washington. Late summer (after snow melts) and early fall (larch trees turning color). Heavy use mitigated by permit system....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » summer backpacking
June 28, 1:57am

Re: re:R.I.P. Colin Fletcher
A poster states: "'Walking' is great, but keep perspective. To walk the trail of life and end with no family or surviving heirs, biological or otherwise, is ultimately a failed journe...

In Philosophy & Technique » R.I.P. Colin Fletcher
June 16, 7:26am

Re: 20%
While I have certainly not engaged in the following practice (and do not support it), I have heard a reliable report that some folks arrange for their pets join REI so that they can multiply the pr...

In Gear Deals » 15% off at REI
June 12, 2:36am

Re: SLOW website
No problem at all browsing BPL's website with my Dell laptop (4-5 years old) and wireless broadband, even with numerous additional programs running in the background. JRS

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » SLOW website
June 05, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Backpacker and Big Sky---Écrasez l’infâme!
Kristen - Your comment about the "irony" of the extensive "press and publicity" here in BPL discussions among potential buyers of tents misses the side of the barn by country...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 01, 7:35pm

Re: Idea for an alcohol/wood stove screen/stand
Something lighter than two rain gutter nails? You might consider trying two titanium stakes, which will do double duty if you already carry them for pitching a tarp or tent. JRS

In GEAR » Idea for an alcohol/wood stove screen/stand
May 30, 2:35am

Re: Silk liners
I've used a silk liner (Cocoon brand) all by itself in very mild temps -- low to mid-50's, I think -- and can tell that it adds warmth all by itself. I'd definitely use it with my down...

In GEAR » Silk liners
May 10, 8:44pm

Re: Fishing without pole?
You might check out the Tidelands Casting Handline sold at the following website: www.streamlines.com JRS

In Fishing » Fishing without pole?
May 10, 8:26pm

Re: Spinning Rod and Reel
Frank, I prefer fly rods, but for a little variety at high lakes, I have a lightweight spinning rod that's sold/auctioned on eBay by Cooks of Oregon. Cooks mostly makes nice custom lightwei...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
April 11, 6:07am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm