Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 441 - 449 of 449 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Passports for travellers
Do you also oppose DNA analysis, fingerprint comparisons, and the use of other physical characteristics to aid in identifying persons who committed crimes, and exculpating persons who are innocent?...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 2:13pm

Re: Backpacker Gear Guide - Different perspective
Excellently spoken, Ron. Might I add the following: If someone who subscribes to a magazine doesn't like its content, cancel the subscription. And if that person doesn't have a subscri...

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 22, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Titanium Pot (tweeking)
One Taco Bell spork (5 5/8" long) = 3 grams = 0.107 ounces That's without the plastic "stuff sack" that comes with it. The "stuff sack" wouldn't register on m...

In GEAR » Titanium Pot (tweeking)
January 19, 5:22pm

Cross-Reference to Mike Martin's Article??
Great Survey of the state of the bivy market, but couldn't figure out how to educate myself further by reading the article staying dry in a bivy by Mike Martin that the survey first cross-refer...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Bivy Sack Technologies, Products, and Applications (2006)
January 15, 2:21pm

Re: Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
Might look at Ibex Qu T for a s/s. Ibex website describes it as a 17.5 micron New Zealand merino wool s/s T-shirt, but may be out of the question at $85 retail. Might save a chunk of money on this...

In GEAR » Help Me Find a Tee for Travels
January 14, 10:37pm

Re: My Gearlist, Please take a look
Others more experienced here will probably offer good tips about what you include in your list, but my first thought concerns a few items that may be missing. For example, what will you do for a...

In Gear Lists » My Gearlist, Please take a look
January 09, 1:30am

Another Poor-Fitting Lid
Add my BPL Ti pot to the list of those that don't have a lid that fits. But at least it's not like wearing shoes that are too tight or too loose, the non-fitting lid is aggravating but not...

In GEAR » Got my Firelite 500 today..1st impressions
January 06, 11:51am

Re: Lightweight Rain Pants
I have the Marmot Precip in XL -- they weigh 8.40 oz per my Sunbeam digital scale.

In GEAR » Lightweight Rain Pants
January 01, 4:39pm

Re: lightest tent with these 5 features?
Sierra Designs Hyperlight -- the one for 2 people, not the one for 3. Free-standing and good size vestibule. Can pitch fly/footprint w/o inner tent. No vent in fly, but inner tent has a lot of...

In GEAR » lightest tent with these 5 features?
November 23, 1:09am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm