BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4351 - 4360 of 5388 | Page: 1 ...427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ...539

Forum » Thread

Re: Living Simple or Simply Living?
John, Nice post. I guess the best summary would be to consider the following: If I die today, would I have any regrets, or have I lived a life I loved?

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
August 04, 2:26pm

Re: somewhat random thoughts, somewhat related
Ultimately, we all decide what we want to do with our lives. That is the beauty of bein human.

August 03, 3:42pm

Re: Re: Thoreau
Miguel, I do agree with you that the arts are important. And I will add painting and music to that. However, my point of view is that the world and market place ultimately decide the value of th...

August 03, 2:14pm

Re: Fastpacking Definition?
:) Sometimes we cannot agree on Light, UL, SUL. And now more definitions to confuse me. I like my kid's definition: Dad is out on one of his adventures... and he'll be okay, he always c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fastpacking Definition?
August 03, 1:34pm

Re: Measuring out alcohol (fuel)
:) Ah... Ray is changing. Pretty soon he will be reviewing and using cuben tarps and sub 8 oz packs. Ray after a while, you can just eyeball the amount of fuel. I never measure it any more. A...

In GEAR » Measuring out alcohol (fuel)
August 03, 5:30am

Re: so cal
Palm Springs. 100s of miles of trails within a 60 mile radius.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southern California
August 03, 5:11am

re: Thoreau
Sorry... he did not live a simple life. He was a leech. Walden was only 2 miles from town, and he went there several times a week. He built the cabin on land owned by Emerson. He could not suppo...

August 03, 5:01am

Re: Re: How do you save money and live a simple life?
The OP stated that he wanted a "simple life" because Americans work to much. To me working on your own car, growing your own food, etc. is work. So if you work X hours per week, then go h...

August 03, 4:38am

Re: Re: Re: Aleve vs Ibuprofin
Nate, That is a valid question. I think that our society and many medical professionals are often too quick to perscribe medication to "fix" things. I think it applies to psychology to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aleve vs Ibuprofin
July 30, 2:14pm

Re: pros and cons
When I posted the link to the original story, I just knew that it would degrade into this debate :( Benjamin... Well, what can I say? That is the funniest post I have seen in a long time!!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 30, 12:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am