Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 4331 - 4340 of 4431 | Page: 1 ...425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444

Forum » Thread

Re: Grocery store options
Just realize that being poor won't make it easy up in BC and Alaska :-( Farther north you go, the more it will cost you. Since you do have experience in planning, have you considered getting a Foo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
November 14, 9:16am

I'm involved...
My son is a Cub Scout, and I am involved with our den quite a bit. Our den is very outdoorsy...so maybe there is hope when they get older ;-) But what I really love doing is when I give presentati...

In GEAR » Ultra-light instruction at BSA National Jamboree?
November 07, 9:21am

Re: LNT for kids?
Take them hiking! I got the den mom for my son's troop to do that (I of course came along!). We have actually done two LNT hikes at this point, this year. The kids love it. Our den is mostly 8-9 ...

In Philosophy & Technique » LNT for kids?
November 05, 4:22pm

Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe:
I eat a lot of hummus, as it is low in fat, high in fiber and protien (if you get the types not made with a lot of oil.) Fantastic Foods makes a passable instant version, but for me it is too high...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe:
November 04, 8:47pm

Re: Food, try it, you'll like it.
I use them in my burritos, and in a couple soups I make. I have been using them for at least a decade! :-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food, try it, you'll like it.
October 31, 4:57pm

Re: Re: On the Wonderland Trail - July 2006
Hey David, if memory holds, it is April 1st often when they start reservations. While Rainier is free for pernits, they do charge $20 for the reservation-but it does allow a change of plans if need...

In Post-Trip Reports » On the Wonderland Trail - July 2006
October 18, 9:00am

Re: Dried Seaweed/Wakame..?
I do eat it (sparingly due to the natural sodium content) and love it. Helps that I work for an asian importer of food ;-) Carry a bag-it weighs nearly nothing! It is fun in ramen, and in the Sush...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dried Seaweed/Wakame..?
October 10, 9:11pm

Bamboo aplenty
Wow! That is a lot of bamboo backpacks ;-) Neat! Tar, if you ever want bamboo...come visit my side yard. I cut it all down in spring, to the ground...and? All back now. Without chemicals, it isn...

In GEAR » SUL Long Handled Titanium Spoon
October 07, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: bamboo pack and so on...
Oh thanks, you have now enabled my addiction to PC even more ;-) (My wedding shower was a PC party).

October 06, 5:13pm

Re: Re: re: bamboo pack and so on...
I work for an asian importer, so I see a lot of bamboo items come and go. Love the stuff (ok, I will state I hate bamboo plants in my backyard. Near impossible to destroy..sigh) The tools are nice....

October 06, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm