Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4321 - 4330 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Stealing and Ethics. definitions.
Boy, kinda ridiculous for some ketchup packets, huh? ------------------------------------------------------- I don't think so. A moral code is comprised of abstract principles. Each indiv...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 14, 4:40pm

Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
Rick, No argument from me. The function of the military is to protect us from external enemies. Changing the world political structure with force is beyond this concept.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 14, 3:23pm

Re: Calling people theives
Think of it this way, fast food chains rely on us the peoples tax substities to make a profit. They are not "free market" they like all corporations who rely on artifically cheap corn, wh...

October 14, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
> But what to do about it? How, right here and now, is America going to fund health, education, welfare, infrastructure and all the other things needed to make a society work? Do we need thes...

October 14, 2:12pm

Re: mcdickies
> from apr thru jun 2010 mcdickies made 1.2 billion USD net income That money is used to pay dividends to stockholders and reinvest in the business. The corporation makes more money if it sel...

October 14, 9:55am

Re: Generic day hiking list
My day hike list is pretty simple. Hikes are usually 5-16 miles. REI Flash 18 or TNF Flyweight Rucksack Minimal 1st Aid Kit Compass and map Victronix Classic knife Wind shirt and pants Som...

In Gear Lists » Generic day hiking list
October 14, 9:35am

Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
Several folks asked for my feedback on the unemployed and how will we deal with it if we do not redistribute income. It seems they feel redistribution of income will prevent rioting and create some...

October 14, 1:43am

Re: Best Free Stuff
There is No "Free" ----------------------------------------------------------- That is true. The cost of these extras are built into the price. And the more it is abused, the highe...

October 14, 1:29am

Re: Boxer briefs!
>I'm not a brief(s) sort of guy but I do wear, enjoy, and prefer--in all situations--ExOfficios in the boxer style. For the middle-of the roaders in the crowd, the boxer briefs solve the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ex-Officio Give-N-Go Briefs Review
October 14, 12:56am

Re: Whatever happened to rucksacks?
Read this BPL thread: TNF Flyweight Rucksack It has held up well as a day pack. It has gone a many hikes, although never an overnight backpacking trip. Also it has been my single carry-on ...

In GEAR » Whatever happened to rucksacks?
October 13, 10:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am