Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 431 - 440 of 813 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...82

Forum » Thread

insomnia
"One of the best ways to ensure insomnia, I've found, is to lie there worrying about not getting enough sleep!" So true. I tried the Midnite Sleep Saturday night. I did what f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry insomnia
August 13, 10:39am

Tenkara rod
Tenkara rods are pretty tough since they compact into the handle. I have an Iwana and I just put it in the side pocket and strap it down. It's seen plenty of bushwhacking and no problems. Light...

In GEAR » How do you mount your rod/reel to your pack?
August 13, 10:23am

Goose Creek Loop LCW water report 8/11/12
I guess I'll put this here as it's info for those who may want to do the loop and not a trip report. Just did most of the Goose Creek Loop counter clockwise (had to bail out to Twin Eagl...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Goose Creek Loop LCW water report 8/11/12
August 13, 10:09am

Re: Insomnia
Thanks for the tip Daniel. I thought it was going to be a health foods store type item and we don't have any close by. But it shows it at supermarkets so I might have a chance to test it this w...

August 10, 12:50pm

Winds
Fantastic. I've never been to the Winds and am going next month. This will make the wait seem even longer. :) Question: I'm only a point a shoot picture taker (I won't even say phot...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Dreams
August 10, 10:56am

Insomnia
I never sleep well in the backcountry but am fine car camping. I always attribute it to altitude. Even though I live at 8600' (and sleep fine at home), when backpacking I'm usually sleeping...

August 10, 10:31am

FPL
OK, this TR is the the last straw Dondo! Whenever I read your trip reports on someplace I've been, I always feel like I haven't paid enough attention! This is a great trip to do after La...

In Post-Trip Reports » Four Pass Loop
August 05, 7:55pm

NB
As a follow up to this thread, the advice from Eric and Roger has been spot on. I did get a pair of the NB 876, which have been great. And using seam sealer on the threads of the pair of 626 shoes ...

In GEAR » Anyone else have stitching problems with New Balance trail runners?
August 05, 7:27pm

Want to borrow: Topo 8 regional DVD map for Delorme PN series
Not sure if this is better here in Gear Swap or should go in Gear. I somehow deleted the regional maps off of my Delorme PN-30 GPS (I was deleting tracks when it occurred) and so far I can not f...

In Gear Swap » Want to borrow: Topo 8 regional DVD map for Delrome PN series
August 02, 1:47pm

Summit bag
"sometimes you're not operating out of a base camp, but still want to bag a peak (or two) on route to camp- a small, light pack can be pretty handy vs dumping all of you non-needed gear- i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Day hike from base camp, how do you carry water/food/essentials
July 26, 1:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.