Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 431 - 440 of 745 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...75

Forum » Thread

CT fire restrictions and stove selection
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone coming in to do the CT. This looks to be a rough yeah for fire danger in Colorado. The first 3 segments of the CT run through Jefferson County which is c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT fire restrictions and stove selection
April 20, 8:44am

Ultralite
That's a great price on a unused Ultralite regular. The short may go for $400 but not the regular. And a 20 degree bag is the sweet spot for a lot of people out in the mountains of the west. I&...

In Gear Swap » FS WM Ultralite
April 15, 3:13pm

Wedding
"(To be fair, neither is two kegs of Oskar Blues, a grill and some burgers at a wedding! :) )" 2 kegs of OB??? I'm sorry but I seemed to have misplaced my invite, please re-send. :...

In GEAR » Is it rude to fill a wedding registry with backpacking gear?
April 09, 3:58pm

Everclear
Just don't drink it straight! It goes well with some powdered Gatorade, though. :) Travis said that he uses a 190 proof alcohol called Volkov which is cheaper than Everclear. I haven't seen...

In GEAR » Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
April 07, 11:17am

Methanol
"Just curious- how many of you wear respirators and rubber gloves while putting gas in your tanks? Do any of you work on your own cars? Come into contact with used motor oil? How about househo...

In GEAR » Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
April 06, 6:24pm

New Belgium
Just saw that New Belgium has 2 new canned products, both 16 oz. Shift is a new lager that I haven't tasted. Ranger IPA is now available in cans as well as bottles. One of my least favorite IPA...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
April 06, 2:10pm

Climb 14'er, fly down
A friend of mine is in to paragliding and when we lived close to each other I'd drive him to the top then wait for him at the bottom. I think of this every time I do a 14'er. For me, The hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Paragliding
April 06, 11:16am

GGG
I'm in. From Colorado. I agree with Justin: not Moab in August. The Winds is a long drive and I'm going a few weeks after that so I'd probably pass on that. Most anywhere else works for...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rocky Mountain GGG?
April 05, 8:27pm

Width
Ben, are you thinking of the Ultralite? The Alpinlite and the Megalite have the same dimensions. That's why I chose the Alpinlite over the Summerlite (same rating) as I like to turn inside the ...

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
April 05, 7:50pm

Useable range
"Most of my trips are in the high country in Colorado, camping between 9000ft and 11000ft. I want to keep it to two bags - Kodiak for winter and "one other" for the rest of the year....

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
April 05, 6:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.