BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 431 - 440 of 675 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...68

Forum » Thread

Cannon?
"13 acres helps on many fronts, but the 10-foot, 2-inch-caliber snowball cannon shot farther than the 600 feet to the property lines." OK, where are the plans for the snowball cannon?

In GEAR » Fuel Price Survey Results (as of Dec 2011)
December 28, 5:02pm

Christmas
Doug, glad to hear your dog is doing well. I only got a single present this year as it was kind of pricey. But my family all went in and got me my first real winter bag. A overfilled WM Kodiak p...

In GEAR » New gear for Christmas? Show us.
December 28, 4:53pm

Picks
@Ken K "1) Back surgery and a therapy plan that let me walk again, letting my do my first real backpacking trips (5 of them!) in 4 years !" Congratulations Ken! That's great to hea...

In GEAR » 2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
December 28, 4:35pm

Colors
And just so you know I'm not oblivious to fashion rules, I never wear white trail runners before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. :)

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
December 27, 8:58pm

Colors
I have a Patagonia Houdini in Clementine orange and got a great deal on it. The only Patagonia gear that I own. I love it. I really wanted a windshirt and I did a lot of research on what to get bas...

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
December 27, 7:50pm

Golite
The Shangri-La 3 for $130 is a steal. They list the weight including the 12 oz pole which really skews things if you are using trekking poles with an extender or strap to join them. It's an awe...

In Gear Deals » Golite updated their clearance section
December 27, 4:14pm

Thanks
Thanks Roger. that's very insightful. The red pair I did use in the Narrows in Zion which is a 16 mile river day hike and mostly in rocks. So when the first pair started to fail, I attributed i...

In GEAR » Anyone else have stitching problems with New Balance trail runners?
November 20, 9:48am

Anyone else have stitching problems with New Balance trail runners?
I'm a huge fan of New Balance shoes. I have a very wide foot and never had comfortable shoes until discovering NB many, many years ago. I have and have had walkers, runners, basketball, cross ...

In GEAR » Anyone else have stitching problems with New Balance trail runners?
November 19, 9:41am

Scale
I've been happy with this one from Harbor Freight. $18 on sale right now. But everything is on sale a HF fairly often. http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html

In GEAR » weight scales
November 19, 9:10am

Baskets?
I just checked mine again for my Golite. I don't use baskets outside of winter but mine would do the same thing if I did. It's going over the basket threads that snugs up the fit. Then it&#...

In GEAR » Duomid Users: How loose is the supplied 6" pole jack on the end of your trekking pole when pitching?
October 29, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.