Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 431 - 440 of 723 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...73

Forum » Thread

Pole length
I've never measured the height needed for the pole as I use a trekking pole and extender. I'll set it up at lunch and measures. Do you just want to know the range from fully pinned down to ...

In GEAR » New Golite Shangri-La 3 owner - Center pole and other options
March 22, 10:49am

CC
"I love Caldera Cones. But they have a couple weaknesses. One is the chance you might damage the dove-tail joints. Did this on my first one. " Nick, did that one have the re-inforced j...

In GEAR » My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
March 22, 9:34am

Inferno
I hadn't seen that. I've never timed the boils but it seems really fast. The only test I did was try it with and without the inferno. The only difference I saw was that the wood burns compl...

In GEAR » BushBuddy vs Ti-Tri Caldera Cone
March 21, 10:59am

Ti-Tri setup
I don't get the comments about the Ti-Tri setup. I just did it for the first time since last fall and at a normal pace I did it in 90 seconds. I did it once more as fast as I could and did it i...

In GEAR » BushBuddy vs Ti-Tri Caldera Cone
March 20, 9:14pm

SL3
"The Golite Shangri-La 3 is available but it looks like it might be hard to find a place for pitching it in smaller camping situations. Is that true? Is it true enough to be a factor in the Ro...

In GEAR » Summer storm shelter for two. Ideas?
March 20, 3:42pm

CT
I haven't done the CT (yet) but I read Pmags guide to the CT and thought you might find it helpful: http://www.pmags.com/colorado-trail-end-to-end-guide-2 Dri-ducks are pretty breathable...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 18, 9:41am

When
When are you going?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Denver
March 16, 12:33pm

Nice
Nice shelter Chad. If you use a trekking pole extender or one of the MYOG straps that combine trekking poles, you get a 3P shelter around 24 oz for $100 for those that carry trekking poles. Can'...

In Gear Swap » FS: MYOG 9X9 SILNYLON PYRAMID TENT W/PERIMETER NETTING AND POLE 30.3oz TOTAL!
March 15, 8:14pm

Oh no!
"For your alcohol stove reading, zenstoves.net. They have lots of different designs to choose from. The fancy feast is hard to beat, but the pressurized stoves made from pop cans are really...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best stove under $75
March 15, 2:56pm

Shoes
Depends on the canyon. You may not have that much time in the water and when you are you may be swimming or in water where the traction isn't that bad. Or short sections where it is really slip...

In GEAR » Shoes for canyoneering - Inov-8s?
March 15, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.