BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 431 - 440 of 583 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...59

Forum » Thread

Thanks
Thanks for all the input. This is only temporary so I don't want to buy another pack. I do have my original Camp Trails framed pack I got when I was a teenager. (Hey, I'm sentimental.) I ma...

In GEAR » Pack weight transfer question
April 23, 5:03pm

PIF - Land's End Large Down Vest- CLAIMED
The vest is claimed. Mike's turn. 1. The item offered below is free and shipping is also FREE 2. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (must be worth the co...

In Gear Swap » PIF - Land's End Large Down Vest
April 23, 4:11pm

FS: Goite Shagri-La 2 - SOLD
The SL2 is sold. I'm selling a 2010 Bamboo color Golite Shangri-La 2. It's been setup multiple times but not used. I bought it to use as a solo winter tent but decided I'd like t...

In Gear Swap » FS: Goite Shagri-La 2
April 23, 3:42pm

Pack weight transfer question
I had 2 discs removed from my spine and the 3 vertebrae fused 10 weeks ago. Today I got the go ahead from my surgeon to gradually return to normal activities, including carrying a pack. As I contin...

In GEAR » Pack weight transfer question
April 22, 11:06pm

FF
I had asked about the Flite material used in the Daybreak vs the Hyperion material. Here's the reply from FF: Flite is our lightest, most breatheable material, yet it is no where near as dur...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Daybreak down jacket
April 21, 5:31pm

Jackorack
I was asking FF some questions on the Daybreak and Hyperion so I asked him about this jacket as well. He said it's a Jackorack and that it's amazing for alpine climbing.

In Gear Swap » FS: FF Rock Wren sleeping bag, FF Pangaea Epic shell/windshirt L, Arc'Teryx Regent Cardigan wool jacket XL, Grohmann Boat knife
April 21, 2:53pm

Pillow sack
Just got mine today. Very nice! Can't wait to try it out.

In Gear Deals » GooseFeet Pillow-Stuffsack
April 20, 7:53pm

tarp vs tent
"With a tarp you can experience your environment better With a tent, you're inside the tent" I guess it depends on your definition of tarp. Does 5" of view at the bottom re...

In GEAR » Tarp vs. Tent weights
April 18, 10:02pm

Beanie
Uh, let's take the discussion about how much hair I have to email. :) Message sent.

In Gear Deals » Website for my hats and other gear
April 16, 6:37pm

Beer
+1 to the Modus Hoperandi And if you like MH but think Dale's is only OK, try Oscar Blues Gubna. An Imperial IPA that comes in a can. Fantastic! And 10% ABV so great bang for the weight (not...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 16, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.