BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 431 - 440 of 641 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
Agree with everything Stuart said. Depending on your objectives, I personally find September is the best month of the year for peak bagging. By then the Tstorms have slowed or stopped and we typi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
March 22, 8:14am

Re: REI 20% off
You can use the 20% off now if you order online and use REWARDS20 code at checkout. That's what I did two days ago and just had the order shipped to my local store for free.

In GEAR » Blizzard Bag now at REI
March 20, 9:29pm

Re: Nemo tent
2 years ago I purchased the Gogo and setup and then immediately returned it when the Nemo Meta 1p came out. Both the Nemo Meta 1p and Nemo Obi 1p provide a whole lot more space for the same weight...

In GEAR » Nemo tent
March 20, 9:04pm

PM Sent
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: Neoair Regular or Large
March 20, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Why do you keep deleting my posts?!?!?!?!
I am guessing your profile picture wasn't always what it currently is?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Why do you keep deleting my posts?!?!?!?!
March 20, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Ways to sleep better
+1 on Earplugs "Regarding pillow's: If you use a water bladder, blow air back into it to inflate it to the desired firmness, then cover it with your buff, or some unworn piece of clothi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ways to sleep better
March 19, 9:39am

Osprey Talon 44 S/M
Temporarily removed but now back on the market for $60 shipped CONUS.

In Gear Swap » Osprey Talon 44 S/M - $60 shipped CONUS
March 19, 8:35am

Osprey Talon 22
Osprey Talon 22. It has been my reliable and rugged day pack for 3 years of climbing in Colorado. http://www.rei.com/product/808306/osprey-talon-22-pack

In GEAR » Lightweight Day Pack - What are some good options?
March 18, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Wildcat 2.0
I just used the REWARDS20 coupon code at REI online to buy the new Wildcats along with my dividend. I tried them on earlier in the day along with some Brooks Cascade's and one other style. I ...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0
March 18, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now
"a lot of personal information on a very public forum. guess not everyone's worried about privacy." What's to be worried about? No one is putting the credit card numbers out ...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 18, 7:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm