Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 431 - 440 of 538 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

Two or more igloos
OK, I admit it, I was kidding. But with 2 or 3, once they are built next to one another, I would think you could dump a bunch of snow between them, let that stuff harden, then that would form an a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Igloo Building for Fun and Shelter, Part 2 - Using an Igloo as a Backcountry Shelter
February 17, 6:26pm

Igloo living
Is it possible to build 2 igloos smack next to one another, then break a doorway through between them, making one big igloo? How about 20 of them right next to one another, making one bowling alley?

In Editor's Roundtable » Igloo Building for Fun and Shelter, Part 2 - Using an Igloo as a Backcountry Shelter
February 17, 1:41pm

Les Miserables
Roman, what is your opinion of vapor barrier bag liners, and / or VB shirts and pants in those miserable conditions?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 14, 9:58pm

Angora rabbit
I own, use, and like some long underwear made in Germany from a combination of wool, Angora and synthetic. They were on sale on the Sierra Trading Post site.

In Make Your Own Gear » angora rabbit offers LW insulation...
February 13, 10:34pm

Re: Blisters
Mr. Les Lloyd: This has nothing to do with blisters, but your e-mail name indicates you have guided on Denali. What do you think of vapore barriers, in bags and / or in pants and shirts?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blisters
February 13, 6:11pm

Steger mukluk question
Oh, I see you race report below. Never mind.

In Winter Hiking » Steger mukluk question
February 13, 12:16pm

Trango S EVO
Anyone who occasionally slashes one boot with the crampons of the other boot is like the sky diver who occasionally forgets to deploy his or her parachute, in my arrogant opionion (IMAO). More pra...

In Editor's Roundtable » La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot REVIEW
February 09, 4:45pm

Trango S EVo
Few people nowadays seem to use supergaiters, but what intrigues me is the possibility of making your own SUL supergaiter. Instead of a rubber rand, you could, perhaps, permanently glue the bottom...

In Editor's Roundtable » La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX Mountaineering Boot REVIEW
February 08, 6:40pm

Would you walk past?
Not only am I a self-serving dink, I teach my children to be the same way. I have a running philosophical battle with that Do-Gooder, Bleading Heart, PJ, as a previous post of mine demonstrates: &...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you walk past?
February 06, 6:35pm

MLD has some problems
I ordered an MLD "Revelation" pack this morning and it will ship within the week. I ordered it on the web, then checked the box saying I would call in my card number. I talked to Ron Be...

In Gear Deals » MLD has some problems
February 05, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm