Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 431 - 440 of 565 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...57

Forum » Thread

Using two pads: closed cell foam below or above inflatable pad for best warmth/insulation from cold?
All you expert analysts at BPL - (specifically for a NeoAir and a Ridge Rest used in winter in a tarp); under what conditions, if any, is it better to have the closed cell foam pad below the inflat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Using two pads: closed cell foam below or above inflatable pad for best warmth/insulation from cold?
January 25, 12:13pm

WTB: Alcohol burner for Caldera Cone system
Need to replace mine. Anyone got a spare? Trail Designs or Antigravity Gear model of alcohol stove is what I'm looking for - do not need the cone, the caddy, or any pots.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Alcohol burner for Caldera Cone system
December 31, 1:29pm

WTB: Mapdana AT1 - Springer Mountain, GA through Damascus, VA
Anybody got one that is in decent shape that you would part with? Information on mapdanna would still need to be legible.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Mapdana AT1 - Springer Mountain, GA through Damascus, VA
December 31, 1:26pm

Favorites (more than three listed, sorry)
Greatest hits; gear I'd never sell or trade; not necessarily in this order: SMD Gatewood Cape GG Litetrek poles iPhone 4 (agree we need "wilderness mode") JRB Sierra Sniveler G...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2010 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 7:59am

Have an UL one
Have one that I've modified to be ~7 oz instead of original 10 oz. Modifications are lighter carbon fiber rather than original plastic rods, removal of xs material, and lighter straps. Function...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Therm-a-rest Lite seat
December 27, 8:41pm

Another opinion
I really like the SMD Gatewood Cape as a shelter. If bugs are expected, add the NetTent that goes inside. The two together weigh 20.2 oz with 6 Ti stakes. If no bugs, leave NetTent at home and save...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going tentless
December 24, 8:03pm

SOLD
Received payment from Guy - Thanks; bag is SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering MegaLite (left zip, 6', excellent)
December 23, 11:25am

Questions answered . . .
Water resistant? Yes, it's very water resistant, but not waterproof. Have used it under a tarp with no bivvy sac and some splash spray and/or brushing up against condensation in a single-w...

December 23, 11:04am

Stuff sack found
Have located the stuff sack, so that is now included.

December 23, 8:02am

Need to know sizing
Can you measure the waist, stretched and unstretched; and inseam? I am interested but correct size is important, as you point out, and there will be no way to hem it or adjust the fit for a down ga...

In Gear Swap » NEW Western Mountaineering Flash Pants XL
December 22, 2:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.