Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 771 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...78

Forum » Thread

Part III is up!
Thanks Craig and Ike for the comments. I'm learning a new camera; these three trips were my first hikes with it. Overall I'm very happy with the results and willing to accept the weight...

In Post-Trip Reports » Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
May 27, 12:53am

Piru-Maniacs
Part III: Down the River During the same email chain that ultimately resulted in planning the trip to Cobblestone Mountain, I threw out another idea that had been bouncing around in my head for...

In Post-Trip Reports » Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
May 25, 2:05pm

Piru-Maniacs
Part II: A High Country Romp Amidst Piru’s Peaks A week or so before the overnighter with my girlfriend, a fellow avid Los Padres hiker and loose acquaintance of mine suggested we team up for...

May 25, 2:04pm

Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
Part I: To the Headwaters… Finally, the swelling of my hands and the stinging on my shins (more on this later in part III) has subsided enough that I can sit here and comfortably type out thi...

May 25, 2:02pm

Filters...
I've tried a few different filters over the last 10 years or so. I started with a First Need Purifier and used it exclusively up until about three or four years ago. Thing is bomb proof and h...

In GEAR » Filter Recommendation
May 25, 11:00am

Weird...
I recently posted a review of sorts on my use of the Sawyer Squeeze over 5 trips over the last 6 months or so. You can find it in one of the parallel Sawyer Squeeze threads on the Gear Forum. A...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
May 21, 11:46am

Sawyer Squeeze
I've been using the Sawyer Squeeze filter for all 5 of my trips in the last 5 months. So far, I've been pleased with its performance, ease of use and adaptability. It's a simple, ligh...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
May 15, 6:56pm

@ Andy & Rob
The section of the Last Chance Trail from about Jackson Falls area to Last Chance Camp is pretty bad. Last time I tried to hike it (about 5 or 6 years ago), the trail just seemed to vanish at some...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » sespe may 18-20th
April 29, 12:01am

Are you a seasonal hiker?
For the most part, yes... Except my hiking season is November through April. I prefer to hike in my local backcountry and the summer is too hot and dry out there. I like the winter much better...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you a seasonal hiker?
April 28, 11:52pm

A couple other suggestions...
If you want to go with the Grand Canyon theme... Encounters with the Archdruid by John Mcphee (follows David Brower through various dealings, including a rafting trip down the Grand Canyon) ; ...

In Chaff » Stuck in bed for a week, help me find a book!
April 26, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.