BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 685 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...69

Forum » Thread

Wind!
Crazy story! Glad you made it out okay. The wind forecast was pretty extreme. I was going to do a thru-hike of the Gene Marshall/Piedra Blanca trail up and over Pine Mtn Friday night but opted...

In Post-Trip Reports » Retreat!! 1/27-1/28, 2012
January 29, 10:15am

Another happy trailstar owner
Beautiful photos Ryan. The yellow sil really looks nice for photographic purposes. The clarity/sharpness of the images is impressive. I assume you shot these with the Sony camera you've been...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
January 25, 11:43am

Historic Topo
Not sure if you guys know about this or not but this resource may be of interest to you: USGS has recently digitized and made publically accessible their entire historic topographic map collecti...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park, circa 1933
January 24, 10:11am

Winter Hiking with the Dog
Hey Kendall, My yellow lab accompanies me on a lot of my trips, which mostly take place in the winter in the local backcountry. We don't typically have to deal with snow (or if there is sno...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Hiking With Your Dog
January 20, 6:28pm

Bikepacking in Los Padres
Erik, Bikes are not allowed in designated wilderness areas, of which the Sespe River Trail falls within (the Sespe Wilderness). Only foot/stock traffic allowed. That said, there are some gre...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Mountain Biking on the Sespe River Trail (So. CA)
January 13, 1:24pm

Sespe
Hi Erik, The Sespe River Trail would be a great trip. The main trail follows an old dirt road (now trail) along the Sespe River. Parts of it get a little brushy and hard to follow as you get m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Free for 4 days in January, need ideas for a trip
January 11, 12:29pm

4 free days in Jan
How about something in the Los Padres National Forest just a little north of you behind Ojai/Santa Barbara? Lots of options ranging from fairly well-maintained trails to practically non-existent...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Free for 4 days in January, need ideas for a trip
January 09, 1:48pm

Wildflowers in CA
Check out Los Padres National Forest. The area around Figueroa Mountain (behind Santa Ynez, CA) is locally popular for wildflower displays around March/Arpil. There are lots of hiking trails in t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wildflowers in California
January 04, 11:41am

Neutral Colors for me
I prefer neutral colors or earth tones. I'm not really into bright colors for any of my personal things (clothes, truck, backpacking gear, etc.). I don't really want to stand out or draw ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
January 04, 11:08am

Southern CA
A 2012 get-together would be fun for the southern CA BPL contingent. We did a small one last spring in the Sespe Wilderness behind Ojai. Had about a dozen folks show up from around central CA a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southern California
December 20, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.