BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 707 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...71

Forum » Thread

Homeless dude
I know this isn't a perfect match, but there was a homeless dude hanging around Santa Barbara for a while who was something of a minor celebrity. He traveled around and did his thing with his ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking with animals? How about a cat?
February 17, 4:10pm

SoCal Packrafting
There's a handful of rivers/creeks around the northern reaches of Southern CA that seem like they would have narrow windows of opportunity for a packraft. Piru Creek: from Pyramid Lake or j...

In Packrafting » Los Angeles packrafters?
February 17, 3:57pm

Forgotten gear
I don't ever use a gear list, I just sift through the gear closet for whatever gear I think I need for a given trip. Hence, with somewhat regularity I find that I forget something important....

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 17, 11:46am

Big Sur
Big Sur might fit the bill... it's probably a good 3 hour drive south. There's a whole lot of trails that can be pieced together to form longer walks and in some cases loops. The bigger...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestions for Bay Area in early April
February 17, 10:24am

SoCal Sespe Trip
Just checked my calendar again. At the moment, I'm definitely not free the weekend of 4/21-22. Other than that, at least for now, April is open. Looks like I'm also tied up the weekend o...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » ok who is up for a spring sespe trip ??
February 16, 8:46pm

Mmmm... Sespe
I'm interested. Again. My weekend schedule is a bit crazy right now with house projects, so you're better off planning a trip for a date that works for others and then I'll just try...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » ok who is up for a spring sespe trip ??
February 16, 3:41pm

SoCal
Hi Jhaura, I don't think I can get away this weekend, but I'd be up for teaming up for some other hikes in the local area this spring if you're interested. I'm just over the hil...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Los Angeles, SoCal Feb 18-20 (Prez Day Wknd)
February 14, 2:51pm

MT110
Anton was at a movie showing in SB last week for the film "Unbreakable" which was a documentary on the 2010 western states race. Anyway part of the film shows Anton using a butter knif...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 13, 12:01am

Gmap4
Joseph, Great tool! Thanks for sharing. One question/suggestion... it looks like, at least for my area, that Gmap4 relies on the 1988 quads scans. Is it possible to instead link to the '...

In On the Web » Gmap4 - Enhanced Google map viewer + high resolution topo maps + more
February 12, 11:28am

Water in RN creek
@ james It's hard to say, the lower reaches seemed to have more water and ought to be good at least through the spring. Farther up canyon, the surface flows seemed to dwindle down a bit. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres National Forest; Dick Smith Wilderness
February 11, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.