Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 738 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...74

Forum » Thread

Helmet Cam
I think a helmet-mounted camera would give the most interesting perspective and would be fairly easy to put together. One option that popped into my head is to figure out where on the helmet you...

In Photography » Mounting camera to packraft/body/helmet
March 19, 5:18pm

Cairns and LNT
I think cairns are a lot less obtrusive in a wilderness setting than the brightly colored ribbons sometimes used to mark a trail or even worse (imo), painted or carved tree blazes or medallions mou...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 11:42am

Wildcat 2.0
I have a pair. The differences are very subtle best I can tell. I really like the Wildcats as my normal backpacking shoe; my only complaint on them had been that the tongues always slipped down...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0
March 16, 11:11am

Fibraplex
I ordered 3 CF poles from them late last spring. Aside from the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear anything from them for almost two months. Finally I sent them an email to ask about t...

In GEAR » Any recent experiences with Fibraplex?
March 15, 10:54pm

Beer in a can
I'm liking all the great beers that are becoming available in cans lately. Awesome development. I'm still waiting for my local neighborhood brewery to start canning some beer; that would ...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
March 14, 11:26am

Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
I've switched to quilts entirely. I reguarly camp down to the low 20s and occasionally dip a little lower. I use Katabatic quilts and haven't had an issue with drafts; the strapping syste...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 13, 3:17pm

UL Down Jackets
Another vote for the hood! I recently picked up a Patagonia UL down hoody, my first hooded down jacket. I'm really liking having the hood so far, like others, I find it really adds quite a bi...

In GEAR » Patagonia UL Down Jacket vs. Montbell UL Down Jacket
March 13, 3:03pm

+1 for Patagonia rock guides
These are the only pants I use for hiking anymore. Light, pretty effective DWR, breathable, and tough. They've held up very well to lots of bush whacking. Plus, they look like normal khaki...

In GEAR » Light Simple Hiking Pants [suggestions]
March 09, 9:11am

Vacation Time for backpacking trips
It used to be that probably about 50% of my vacation time went to backpacking trips, mostly taking off a couple days bookending weekends or holidays to allow for long weekend trips. Now, between v...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much vacation time do you use for backpacking trips?
March 08, 3:10pm

Thanks!
Thanks for offering the raffle and announcing it here. The Backcountry shelter looks like a really interesting, versatile shelter for a family or couple with dog, etc.

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 08, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.