Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 722 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...73

Forum » Thread

CA Condors
What great luck getting to catch a few glimpses of the Condors! And in such a neat place too. I've only been to the Pinnacles once for a day hike; it was really interesting scenery; I'd l...

In Post-Trip Reports » Condors in California
March 05, 10:49am

Adventure Pass
This is big news around Southern CA, since all of our local NFs require the Adventure Pass. Locally (for me), the Los Padres NF has said that they will continue to require the Adventure Pass while...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Forest Service to Drop Adventure Pass Fee
March 02, 12:13pm

Hells Canyon
Great Trip Report. Sounds like a challenging and rewarding adventure. While the elevation changes are more extreme than what I find in my local stomping grounds, the steepness, diversity of clima...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
February 28, 2:41pm

Bay Area Dog Friendly backpacking
I'm not too familar with the bay area, but generally dogs can hike in lots of National Forests, including Los Padres (Big Sur area).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog friendly backpacking near San Francisco Bay Area?
February 28, 9:20am

Sespe Water
Hi Roger, There ought to be plenty of water in the Sespe for your March hike. This year, maybe not as much water as past years, but still, you ought to find water in the Sespe River for the ent...

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
February 27, 1:18pm

so tempting...
I'm wanting a new camera, probably a micro 4/3 system. And a thermarest Xtherm NeoAir pad. And some free time to take these toys (and my current kit) on some trips!

In GEAR » So What's Tempting You? C'mon, Spit It Out!
February 23, 6:07pm

Ways to sleep better
I struggle with a good night's sleep when camping too. I've made a few changes, so far, that seem to help, and I've got a few more to try still. Things I've done: - changed fro...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ways to sleep better
February 23, 3:19pm

Thanks Ike
Ike, thanks for indulging the slight thread drift to share you insights on your gear's peformance on the trip as well as your favorite recipes for camp meals. Sounds like I may need to finally...

In Post-Trip Reports » Pictured Rocks in Winter
February 23, 10:33am

Anza Borrego
Another great trip report coming out of the deserts of southern CA. Thanks everyone for sharing your photos and stories. The desert is calling...

In Post-Trip Reports » Anza Borrego 2012
February 22, 10:18am

Pictured Rocks in Winter
I'm really liking all of those great shots of the pancake ice and the ice covered tree branches. Super interesting scenery; unlike anything I get around here. Your meals all sounded really ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Pictured Rocks in Winter
February 22, 10:14am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.