BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 699 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...70

Forum » Thread

Gmap4
Joseph, Great tool! Thanks for sharing. One question/suggestion... it looks like, at least for my area, that Gmap4 relies on the 1988 quads scans. Is it possible to instead link to the '...

In On the Web » Gmap4 - Enhanced Google map viewer + high resolution topo maps + more
February 12, 11:28am

Water in RN creek
@ james It's hard to say, the lower reaches seemed to have more water and ought to be good at least through the spring. Farther up canyon, the surface flows seemed to dwindle down a bit. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres National Forest; Dick Smith Wilderness
February 11, 9:43am

Leaky down garments
All of my down items from multiple brands inevitably leak at least a couple feathers every now and then. However, my one montbell item, the ul down pants, do seem to leak significantly more feat...

In GEAR » The heck with Montbell
February 11, 9:24am

Pure grit
I tried a pair on a couple weeks back. I was impressed with how comfortable they were even just standing around. I ended up taking home a pair of the pure flows instead (had intended to shop for ...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 11, 3:08am

Lots of empty spaces
Hey Justin, We didn't see any other people on the trails over the two days. Judging by the types of trash we found, I'd wager that the area is popular with the hunter crowd in the late ...

February 10, 9:57am

Los Padres National Forest; Dick Smith Wilderness
“Sh!t… That’s a lot of wind…” I said to myself as I looked up the weather forecast for the Ventura County mountains where I had planned to do a quick overnight shuttle hike with a buddy:...

February 09, 11:45pm

Sykes Hot Springs
Nice shots! I love the lush green temperate rain forest look of Big Sur. Such a neat setting. I haven't been to Sykes in probably 6 or 7 years. Beautiful spot, great hot springs, and well...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sykes Hot Springs
February 07, 5:42pm

@Don
Funny you should mention channel islands np. I worked out there for a little over a year and would often hear the statement that it was one of the least visited national parks in the country despi...

In Philosophy & Technique » selfish - a secret place
February 05, 9:49am

Winter Hiking with your dog
@ Bob: That's Bixby's dog pack! We can't keep him out of the water... if he sees or senses that there is water up ahead on the trail, he'll take off ahead and wait for us by swim...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Hiking With Your Dog
February 03, 2:19pm

Secret Places
I spend a lot of my time in the backcountry searching out special places... places of past Native American use, great swimming holes, caves, waterfalls, epic views, etc. I don't typically pu...

In Philosophy & Technique » selfish - a secret place
February 03, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.