Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 431 - 440 of 736 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...74

Forum » Thread

Wildcat 2.0
I have a pair. The differences are very subtle best I can tell. I really like the Wildcats as my normal backpacking shoe; my only complaint on them had been that the tongues always slipped down...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0
March 16, 11:11am

Fibraplex
I ordered 3 CF poles from them late last spring. Aside from the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear anything from them for almost two months. Finally I sent them an email to ask about t...

In GEAR » Any recent experiences with Fibraplex?
March 15, 10:54pm

Beer in a can
I'm liking all the great beers that are becoming available in cans lately. Awesome development. I'm still waiting for my local neighborhood brewery to start canning some beer; that would ...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
March 14, 11:26am

Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
I've switched to quilts entirely. I reguarly camp down to the low 20s and occasionally dip a little lower. I use Katabatic quilts and haven't had an issue with drafts; the strapping syste...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 13, 3:17pm

UL Down Jackets
Another vote for the hood! I recently picked up a Patagonia UL down hoody, my first hooded down jacket. I'm really liking having the hood so far, like others, I find it really adds quite a bi...

In GEAR » Patagonia UL Down Jacket vs. Montbell UL Down Jacket
March 13, 3:03pm

+1 for Patagonia rock guides
These are the only pants I use for hiking anymore. Light, pretty effective DWR, breathable, and tough. They've held up very well to lots of bush whacking. Plus, they look like normal khaki...

In GEAR » Light Simple Hiking Pants [suggestions]
March 09, 9:11am

Vacation Time for backpacking trips
It used to be that probably about 50% of my vacation time went to backpacking trips, mostly taking off a couple days bookending weekends or holidays to allow for long weekend trips. Now, between v...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much vacation time do you use for backpacking trips?
March 08, 3:10pm

Thanks!
Thanks for offering the raffle and announcing it here. The Backcountry shelter looks like a really interesting, versatile shelter for a family or couple with dog, etc.

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 08, 10:10am

Secret Place
Great report. Thanks for sharing in a discreet manner. Petroglyph and pictograph sites are very special places; I appreciate having the opportunity to view them but strongly believe the locat...

In Post-Trip Reports » McHale Bump goes to a Secret Place
March 07, 5:07pm

Patagonia's Instructions
Here's what Patagonia suggests...

In GEAR » How To Refresh DWR On Patagonia Houdini
March 07, 10:07am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.