BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 431 - 440 of 591 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ...60

Forum » Thread

GG LT4's - No Strap
I bought my LT4's just before the straps were an option - and I'm really glad. If the straps had been an option I'm sure I would have gone that route because all of my Leki poles had s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Gossamer Gear LT4's ... Strap or no strap? that is the question
March 01, 2:14pm

eVent with Pit Zips
I know it's been mentioned before, but for the best of both worlds (with a weight penalty) consider The Packa in eVent. The pit zips are 10-12" long (huge) and the material is eVent. I...

In GEAR » Rain jacket
March 01, 2:07pm

Alternative UV Usage - mUV Instructions
The photo below shows an excerpt from my mUV instructions - note the last line: Says it all, doesn't it?

In GEAR » Alternative UV Usage -- Useful? Paranoia?
March 01, 6:31am

GG Murmur Balance
I don't usually carry more than 1 liter with me, but even when I have had more I haven't noticed that the pack is unbalanced. Some of it might be that I'm right-handed so carrying a li...

In GEAR » GG Murmur Question
February 25, 11:35am

Speer Hammock
I love my Speer...$40 is a bargain. Quite tempting.

In Gear Swap » Speer Hammock- Tarp not included
February 24, 6:19am

GG Murmur & Platy
I put my 2L Platy in the outside right pocket and thread the hose over my right shoulder - the upper "compression straps" are used to hold the Platy upright. You can see what I mean in m...

In GEAR » GG Murmur Question
February 24, 6:15am

Old Loggers Path Photos
Matt, I'm traveling and don't have my photos with me. I did the loop the first weekend in April a couple of years ago. There was snow in a couple of places, but just small patches. Th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Central PA hikers, question about Old Logger's Path
February 22, 6:41pm

Old Loggers Path
I've done the Old Loggers Path three times now - I find it a great hike to be taking folks new to backpacking. The direction you hike is really dependent on the mileage you want to do...I al...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Central PA hikers, question about Old Logger's Path
February 22, 3:21pm

FS: Patagonia Puff Pants XXL
Ron, How much do they weigh? I purchased a pair of the BPL Coocoon pants in an XL and they're a little snug on my XXL frame. I could either lose weight or buy larger...You're tempting ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Puff Pants XXL
February 21, 8:15am

Seam Sealing eVent Mitts
I stuffed mine with paper towels (a lot of them) before sealing the outside. I wish I had thought to turn them inside out. I didn't dilute the seam sealer and applied it with a small brush. ...

In GEAR » Seam sealing eVent mitts
February 14, 8:07am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am