Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 9324 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...933

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
you're right, decade rather than year and you make good points, I should probably put in a few more happy faces or [/sarcasm]s

In Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
September 30, 1:09pm

Re: There is no good raingear solution
There is probably a range of conditions where you'll be a little drier with eVent than Gore-Tex. And you'll be a lot drier with eVent or Gore-Tex than clothes that are completely waterproo...

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 12:20pm

Re: Re: Re: re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
" I have heard no one in GOP controlled congressional districts is going to sign up for ACA." No one? If I can find one person in a GOP controlled district will you apologize for my...

September 30, 11:40am

Re: Twice in one day?
ha, ha, ha. Yes, I know Citizen's United is one of your issues. I agree with conservatives all the time, like talking about gun control is a waste of time and counter-productive. I'm f...

September 30, 11:38am

Re: re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
"As far as the 30 hour rule goes, it's not a myth and it's not hyperbole. There are people, like my brother-in-law, who have already had their hours cut in anticipation of the ACA mand...

September 30, 11:05am

Re: Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
"I just wish the Republicans could actually be conservatives again, instead of... whatever the hell they are now. "The Big Corporation Party?" What?" Democrats are also the B...

September 30, 11:01am

Re: Almost
My 2.5 eVent has started delaminating after several years. On top of shoulders and at back of neck. I suspend pockets from the shoulder seam, so there's a layer of nylon inside on the fro...

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 10:43am

Re: 30 hour rule
Health insurance is a relatively small part of the cost of hiring people. If an employer just considers employees a line on a spreadsheet they won't get the most productivity out of them. ...

September 30, 9:25am

Re: Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
"If it's the mandate..." The mandate and the pre-existing conditions provision are to get everyone to be insured so my health care spending doesn't go to pay for other people t...

September 30, 9:18am

Re: Re: Re: 5.0 Apex Climashield
yes, 2.5 up to waist (maybe thighs) my theory is that your torso is warmer than your legs, so insulation there is more effective

In GEAR » cliamshield quilts - your experience
September 30, 9:11am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.