Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 7860 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...786

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: run or walk
Ha ha ha - good to have Nick back : ) I've read your rant. Like the Don Quixote analogy... Since this thread is "question for you physics experts" and it's already degenerate...

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
January 02, 9:26am

Re: Materials ordered
Oh, by the way, your 2nds sil-nylon will leak water a little on the bottom. If you're sleeping on a pad, the bottom of it will get damp. If you just set on it something light, e,g, a flashl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Plans - Checking on materials
January 02, 8:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: run or walk
"By the way, this is also why solar panels and wind turbines will never amount to a mere small percentage of our energy production in this or any country. How do you store energy when the sun...

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
January 02, 8:39am

Re: Fabric for the top?
If you want to make it lightweight, 1.1 ounce is sort of heavy. Nobul from http://www.titaniumgoat.com/index.html is fairly cheap, very lightweight, and somewhat water resistant M50 is also v...

January 01, 9:02pm

Re: Bivy Plans - Checking on design and materials
I like the zipper down the middle lengthwise, about half way. Although I haven't heard too many others with this configuration so this may be too far out. Sew the four corners to make your ...

January 01, 8:55pm

Re: Pinko commie liberals
"outside the more hippie-ish areas it can get pretty conservative pretty fast." Last session the Oregon state senate was 50%-50% R and D The Washington senate has one more D than R,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 01, 11:08am

Re: So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
I grew up in Portland, went to school and worked in L.A. for 8 years, then moved back and like it here. Eugene is good too - one thing is that it's sort of confined by mountains so there is ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 01, 10:56am

Re: Re: WINTER HATS--- Beanie/Skull style
Fleece is easy MYOG project. Make the top a half circle and the bottom long enough to cover your nose or so, and then fold it back to make a cuff. I don't like to cover my eyes though. S...

In GEAR » WINTER HATS--- Beanie/Skull style
January 01, 8:02am

Re: Residue???
Which takes us to canister stoves : )

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
December 31, 10:01pm

Re: how come esbit is not more popular?
It's also pretty slow to boil

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
December 31, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.