Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 9175 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Calling Backpackin' Bartenders: Need Alcohol for a Lightweight
"Wow. Nice stuff (I'm sipping a bit as I write this)." Uh oh, danger! First rule of internet, don't post things when you've been drinking : )

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calling Backpackin' Bartenders: Need Alcohol for a Lightweight
September 05, 9:56pm

Re: "Oh Canada..."
"GOD! Frikkin' Canadian Liberals and their nannying laws - and I'm an American Democrat!" Yet in other ways they're less liberal, like they're more into chopping down t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » polar bears
September 05, 9:54pm

Re: Re: No need give it up
Good idea - post chaff here "Anarchy on BPL" - Ike, are you reading this?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Give it up
September 05, 9:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Fire history map
"Interesting map It looks like most of the surrounding area has burned since 1950 Inside the Rim fire boundary, most of the area has burned since 1987 This is inconsistent with the i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
September 05, 6:59pm

Re: Rim Fire probably not caused by pot farm
"I was suspicious of those reports for the simple reason that it seemed to me that an outdoor grow is not going to be using electricity, except perhaps a generator to pump water. So how would ...

In Chaff » legalize it
September 05, 8:27am

Re: The Sad Thing
"...primarily to curb the abuses of public lands by illegal grow operations..." I heard the Yosemite fire may have been caused by a Marijuana grow

In Chaff » legalize it
September 04, 10:18pm

Re: Re: Sixty Lakes Basin, 8/15 thru 8/16/2013
tomatoes and avacados? not bad

In Post-Trip Reports » Sixty Lakes Basin, 8/15 thru 8/16/2013
September 01, 3:53pm

Re: Simple
"This has been discussed multiple times. I think the consensus is pretty clear." I agree discussed multiple times consensus is that some people like windshirts, some don't, d...

In GEAR » Ultralight dream clothing, what would you buy
September 01, 2:00pm

Re: Hyvent from Quest
nice looking jacket!

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 rain jacket
September 01, 8:21am

Re: soto reveiw
It's hard to evaluate a test where the air temperature was 68 F and the canister was chilled to 0 F. I chilled a canister to 0 F for some reason once and there was no pressure. But there wa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Soto OD-1R Canister Stove Product Review
August 31, 9:08pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.