BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 7083 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...709

Forum » Thread

Re: No-win conversation
"You do understand that this is a no-win conversation, don't you?" Great, some other fool has been dragged into this : ) At least we're giving Rog more opportunity to make c...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 04, 6:30pm

Re: Aug 3rd post by Rog
Don't you have anything better to do, Dan, than read Rog's website? : ) Is copying his own "position statement" as though it was "at the moment" worse than splicing i...

August 04, 3:22pm

Re: agreed
I don't think you have to bring the syringe unless you're going many nights, or even weeks Just use it at home between each trip

In Make Your Own Gear » Squeeze Filter Twirler
August 04, 2:50pm

Re: spliced up co2 data
We can have dueling scientific data : ) The further back you go, the less accurate the atmospheric data is. How long have they been sampling Mauna Kea for example? And 1800 is 21 decades. O...

August 04, 2:14pm

Re: spliced up co2 data
Atmospheric data has only been taken for a few decades Older than that you have to use ice cores And amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere is pretty easy to calculate, it's got to go some...

August 04, 11:34am

Re: Re: padded cell
It seems like the CO2 data from ice cores is pretty unambiguous: The amount of CO2 increase approximately corresponds to the amount and time of fossil fuel burning I'll agree with Rog...

August 04, 10:06am

Re: .
Evernew Ti 900 - the classic 0.6 oz saves 0.7 oz compared to 1.3 oz combine that with a bunch of other 0.7 ounce savings and it will be noticeable

In GEAR » Let's talk about cook pot lids
August 03, 6:38pm

Re: evernew
But that picture shows how stuff can fall into the pot Not a big deal - but Bob created this thread which provoked me into complaining...

August 03, 6:02pm

Re: Let's talk about cook pot lids
My Ti Evernew lid weighs 1.3 ounces. It would be possible to save maybe 1 ounce if I had a lighter one. I'm too lazy to do anything about it. One thing I don't like is that if stuff fa...

August 03, 4:12pm

Re: Should I bring anything extra for possible rainy backpacking trip
If you're talking "forecast" then you must be talking about the next 7 (or 10) days There is very little rain during that period at least anywhere I am looking at If there's...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I bring anything extra for possible rainy backpacking trip
August 03, 8:22am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.