Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 8944 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...895

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: New ultralightweight sleeping bag from PHD
"Wouldn't the down probably get crushed crammed inside a normal bag?" If the outer bag is big enough then it won't reduce loft of inner bag too much. If you have two bags, t...

In GEAR » New ultralightweight sleeping bag from PHD
July 29, 7:58am

Re: Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
Just fooling around on patio, looking at "the bars" The bars were bigger when I held GPS a foot away from my body. Didn't make any difference whether it was pointing up or sideway...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
July 28, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
maybe it's being against the leg

July 28, 8:34pm

Re: "Accuracy or otherwise of GPS"
I used the clip some, then a couple times it came unclipped, so I just started putting it in my pocket. Yeah, reception much better.

July 28, 8:13pm

Re: Thought Provoking
Can you see me waving? I'm at the upper right

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 28, 7:57pm

Re: Has anyone created their own insulated "cooler" stuff sack or dry bag?
If you have a sleeping bag or whatever, put cool stuff inside it, it will have a lot more insulation

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone created their own insulated "cooler" stuff sack or dry bag?
July 28, 3:25pm

Re: MYOG Quilt Baffle Sewing ?
I folded when I made jacket. Less likely to unravel and pull out. I don't see how it's really any more difficult.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Quilt Baffle Sewing ?
July 28, 3:16pm

Re: Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
Good info Bob I carry my GPS in my pocket, on all the time. I take track everywhere I go. Then I can tell how far I went, go on same route some other time,... Just to be geeky perhaps. The...

July 28, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
I didn't look at estimated error I suspect it has to do with satellite position and maybe steepness of canyon Other times I've walked there it was okay Same thing has happened othe...

July 28, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
I've seen similar error with Garmin 60CSx. The path on the GPS parallels the true path, offset by maybe a fraction of a mile, then it snaps back to the true path. It doesn't happen that...

July 28, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.