BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 7367 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...737

Forum » Thread

Re: Debating
" they provided a band aid solution funded by printing money supply but have not at all stopped the bleeding that continues today" I agree - but we now have a chronic problem The cr...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 04, 11:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Debating
"The fact that some banks were forced to take the bailout (i.e. Wells Fargo) was a forcefed attempt at a social program that wasn't required. Big business? You mean like those in the Auto ...

October 04, 10:57am

Re: SNL
Time for some timely SNL work to make sure Obama is re-elected We found something to agree on : )

October 04, 9:44am

Re: but more importantly...
Good point about SNL, Fred Maybe Tina Fey parody of Sarah Palin is more responsible for Obama winning than anything else : )

October 04, 9:29am

Re: Re: Re: O my
The $716 billion is not money taken from seniors - that's just a Republican, focus group tested issue that they think will convince people to vote for them Romney initially said that he want...

October 04, 9:18am

Re: O my
"It's not a federal issue. Whether you think it's a good idea or not, it's not the role of the fed." The Supreme's ruled otherwise. That's what they said about s...

October 04, 8:27am

Re: Debating
Romney has never run a business. He has been a "vulture capitalist" that takes money out of businesses before bankrupting them. Or made investments in unhealthy businesses, like Staples...

October 04, 8:23am

Re: Hmm
"And considering the fact that a debate just happened I'd say it is an appropriate time to discuss" There was a lot of traffic on this topic, but it seemed to die down as Romney fa...

October 04, 7:51am

Re: Romney/Obama
I'm afraid you're right, Romney looked better. Romney has had a lot of experience in recent times with debates. I wonder if it will change anyone's mind. Interesting to see polls i...

October 04, 12:01am

Re: Smaller sleeping bag with 100% overfill: I am confused"
Yeah, you're right, if you overfill it will push out, I just did rough calculation.

In GEAR » Smaller sleeping bag with 100% overfill: I am confused
October 03, 11:51pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.