BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 7436 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...744

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well
"And obamas lack of response is our ambassadors death is weak. Romney should go after him. And for pulling the security for the guy." Do you mean that if Romney did more "tough gu...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 09, 9:31am

Re: Haha
Ask Kadafi if "he's got" Oh, you can't...

October 09, 9:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: temps
At risk of being the nutty guy that always complains about fleece: Synthetic vest weighs less than fleece vest and is much warmer Down vest is lighter and warmer than synthetic Only time f...

In GEAR » light hooded mid-layer + light down vest > than a light hooded down jacket?
October 09, 9:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well
The other one he got was Kadafi That guy got away with killing Americans for years. Many "tough guy" presidents let him be. Obama got justice.

October 09, 9:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well
I like how on that video, after the 47% comment, Romney said that it's hopeless to find a solution to Isreal/Palestine problem and we shouldn't worry about it. Later, he determined that ...

October 09, 8:18am

Re: Re: Of or or?
You should charge more - enough to pay for yours for example - like $60

In Make Your Own Gear » Project: 4oz 1A USB Charger
October 09, 8:09am

Re: Re: Re: Well
I don't consider attacking the president during a crisis to take political advantage a joking matter, like Romney did. We should gather round, temporarily (even for just a day or two) and pr...

October 09, 8:00am

Re: Flame On
Good calculations James If I did 12 nights, I would figure out how to only require 1 canister. Only do 1 cup of coffee? Do less in the evening? Have a pot and windscreen that was maximally ...

In GEAR » Flame on
October 09, 7:54am

Re: good ole days
but then they came out with a jetboil that weighs the same as a regular canister stove plus windscreen

In GEAR » Flame on
October 08, 11:24pm

Re: Well
and do you find it unbelievable, Michael, that no one isn't making a bigger fuss about "fast and furious", the fabricated 7.8% unemployment report, Obama's birth certificate, and ...

October 08, 11:22pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.