BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4271 - 4280 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: What If?
"What If" is financial forecasting in my life. And we all prioritize our lives. I am on some sort of an outdoor adventure about 100 days per year. I have been remodeling my house since...

In Philosophy & Technique » What If?
September 19, 6:39pm

Re: Development
>> It was surrounded by farmland for many years -- until the local cities began to annex land near it and turn good, rich farmland into bedroom communities and mini-malls. Seems simple t...

In Chaff » Bear Gun Season in WV
September 19, 6:25pm

Re: Tumpline
Seems to me that if one needs a tumpline, then they have the wrong pack for the job. Additionally, the neck muscles are going to become very sore for most people who are not used to this kind of wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tumpline
September 19, 6:05pm

Re: "Peanut butter lovers - what do you carry it in"
>> I usually use those re-fillable Coghlan squeeze tubes you can get at REI two for $4.50. I have been using those for ages. Last week my wife bought some peanut butter in what appeare...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Peanut butter lovers - what do you carry it in
September 17, 12:35am

Re: Re: pack details
Maybe we are being too picky or too serious? For example, I really like Mike C. Hopefully someday I will run into him in the mountains. And my fantasy would be to TP his tarp in the middle of t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 16, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Re: neo air
Even here on BPL it should be buyer beware. I buy a lot of stuff on eBay, and always look at the seller's stats. Good thing is the eBay has a protection plan that I have only needed to use once...

In GEAR » New (?) NeoAir losing air?
September 16, 7:39pm

Re: Tarping!
Eric, Before you start buying a lot of gear, just get out with your gear and get used to it, and find out what you like and dislike. Then ask more questions here. Also keep in mind that most of ...

In Gear Lists » Weekender Gear List
September 16, 7:16pm

Re: Re: North rim campground
Well Craig, I know that hiking an extra 3 miles each way and stealth camping will not be a new experience for you :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
September 16, 6:58pm

Re: High Sierra Trail loop gear list
Andrew, The sleeping bag might be pushing it if it is colder. Also I have heard that the Neoair needs additional insulation in sub-freezing temps.

In Gear Lists » High Sierra Trail loop gear list
September 16, 6:55pm

Re: pack details
Gosh, All this banging on Roger. How else would he review the packs if not from his own point of view, based on many years of backpacking experience. Would we prefer a reviewer with little exper...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 16, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am