Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4211 - 4220 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Are you implying that when a corporation exercises its 1st Amendment right to free speech by contributing to a candidate the choice reflects the opinions of all the people in the corporation? The p...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 18, 1:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Government
Exactly what type of government do you advocate? Just curious. ------------------------------------------------------------ What we originally had in the US; a Republic. A representative govern...

November 18, 1:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Government
If you can't find a few worthy things coming out of government-funded University research, then I suggest you have not looked very hard. Roger, The question was "government research&...

November 17, 12:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
But government didn't make the mess, we the people did. I don't think people have been so much brainwashed as so many of them are so inherently intellectually lazy. And, unfortunately, I do...

November 16, 10:01pm

Re: Re: Government
I think government should fund basic research, that is to say research that has no guaranteed marketable outcome, yet is necessary to lay the foundations for salable knowledge. -------------------...

November 16, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
The government also gives subsidies to big oil, big agribusiness, cotton growers, etc. etc. We taxpayers subsidize so many things, we don't have a clue (that's the generalized we) of the ex...

November 16, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
Nick, you complained about many high school students being unable to do even basic tasks. I'm wondering how much money you put into training higher level employees. Do you put considerable inve...

November 16, 8:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
Just remember: In the public education system, it is the buildings and grounds that make up the physical institution, and it is the faculty that makes up the mental institution. ------------------...

November 15, 1:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Tom said, Large corporations, one of which produced your SUV, exist because individuals cannot produce on their own what corporations produce. Unfortunately, with size also comes influence and p...

November 15, 12:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Doug, People vote with their dollars. The majority of the public does not vote for the current line-up of high mileage cars. The hybrids are expensive, and do not necessarily fit the transpo...

November 15, 12:27am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am