BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4201 - 4210 of 5415 | Page: 1 ...412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ...542

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Miguel, I understand. What I meant was a "personal" message that was posted directly to you. It is intended as a compliment. Most of my posts are meant to convey an idea or opinion,...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 15, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Nick, you're making a distinction between the courts and the government. This is false. The courts of part of the government. Congress makes the laws and the courts enforce them. Laws against f...

October 15, 3:28pm

Miguel, I have never posted a "personal" message to you. Although I do not always agree with you, I appreciate the thought and effort you take in your posts. I think the US is a won...

October 15, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
I agree with you here. But the deregulation of banks and financial institutions fed the fires quite a bit as well. Deregulation was a result of government intervention! ----------------------...

October 15, 2:05pm

A white person simply has no concept of the reality of being non-white. Sorry... I have to strongly disagree that everyone, anyone at all, has the same opportunities in the States. That is simp...

October 15, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Deregulation is a major cause of our current crisis. --------------------------------------------------------- No, it is a failed mixed economy, government intervention in the economy, and gove...

October 15, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"Capitalism needs restrictive regulations. Among the most important are enforcement of contracts. If government doesn't enforce a contract than the law that is left is power and greed. Tha...

October 15, 1:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Craig, Each of us must explore our world and develop our own full philosophic system that enables us live a consistent life. It is a complex journey. To me a philosophical system must include po...

October 15, 11:02am

Re: Who'd pay for National Parks
If we're working on a user pays system, who would pay for national parks? I'm guessing there'd be plenty of customers who would pay more than backpackers to use them. Maybe a golf...

October 15, 8:43am

Re: The Carbon Flame War
Interesting the deafening silence among those here who love their countries and the benefits they give them as much as the Americans here love their country. It seems to me that maybe sombunall ...

October 15, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am