BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 421 - 430 of 484 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

North Face Sleeping Bag
NF Sleeping Bag - SOLD/SHIPPED

In Gear Swap » Clearing Out Garage, Round 2
December 01, 4:16pm

South Col Bivy
South Col Bivy

November 30, 10:42pm

WM Highlight
WM Highlight - SOLD/SHIPPED

November 30, 10:05pm

Sleeping Bags
Adan, The Little Red sleeping bag is good to about 48 inches tall. The North Face, Windstorm is a tall, I have used it for my kids before, but had to fold the end under. It weighs around 33 ozs.

November 30, 9:37pm

Clearing Out Garage, Round 2
Well the dust has settled from the first round and I have some more gear to sell off. I am including priority shipping in the CONUS in the cost of all items. 1- Six Moons Designs, Gatewood Cape...

November 30, 8:54pm

Bivy
If all you need is a bivy for under your tarp, this may work for you. I have a Intregal Designs, South Col, E-Vent bivy that I will be posting for sale soon. It has been modified in the hood/face a...

In Gear Swap » Bivy wanted
November 29, 9:41pm

Kookabay Pads
I am also interested in some first-hand info on these pads. The website is not at all filled with info regarding their product. I had to do some digging to find out you need a pump to inflate the ...

In GEAR » Kooka Bay NeoAir equivalent as warm, durable for weight?
November 27, 3:29pm

Gatewood Cape
Chris, I have a Gatewood Cape I will sell for $100 shipped. It is used, but in good condition and seam-sealed. The seam seal was done by me and has withstood many rainstorms, but is not as visually...

In Gear Swap » WTB SMD Gatewood Cape
November 26, 11:34am

Sierras
Dan, I second the motion of either the High Sierra Route or, (if your comfortable with cross-country hiking), the Sierra High Route is 'hands-down' the best hike I have done in the Sierras....

In Post-Trip Reports » Extra help planning my Sierra trip
November 25, 3:31pm

Bivy
Sage, It's probably not what your looking for, but I will offer it anyways. I have a Integral Designs, E-vent South Col bivy that I will be listing for sale after Thanksgiving. It is a great bi...

In Gear Swap » WTB Bivy
November 21, 11:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm