BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 421 - 430 of 546 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...55

Forum » Thread

Glissading in wind pants
Check this older BPL thread for a discussion of glissading: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/7848/index.html

In GEAR » Glissading in Wind/Rain pants?
December 29, 6:38pm

Personality of a lightweight backpacker
Sex: Female Age: 60, and I can still crank out the miles! Marital Status: Married to a hiker/scrambler who resists backpacking Race: I've lost every one I've ever been in. Occup...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is the personality profile of a light weight backpacker?
December 27, 1:57pm

BPL sale is still on
Here's an excerpt from the email I got: 20% off any order* IN ADDITION to your member discount! COUPON CODE: ------- Shop now: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglig...

In Gear Deals » BPL Holiday Sale
December 27, 1:44pm

Smartwool microweight T's
I have not used a zip-T, but I know some people like them for ventilation management. I have been using a Smartwool l/s microweight T for almost a year and bought a s/s one for the warmer summer...

In GEAR » Poll: crew neck or zipT
December 26, 1:10pm

Jardine's book is in the library
I checked the book out from the library, read it, learned a few things, and returned it, my wallet still intact. I would not spend $75 on it.

In GEAR » Beyond Backing - the book by Ray Jardine
December 20, 3:58pm

rice, oil, water
George - in scientific terms, the dehydrated, cooked rice definitely looked chubbier than the raw rice. So that could account for the increase in volume. Probably some cell structure compromising...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY Instant Rice
December 19, 12:47pm

Dehydrated rice test report
Last night, following Sarah's directions, I cooked 1 C of brown basmati rice, which weighed 5 oz., in my rice cooker and then spread it on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven set to "war...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY Instant Rice
December 18, 7:26pm

avalanches

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Advice for a novice in snow?
December 10, 4:48pm

winter snacks
A bag of walnuts, dried pineapple, and dark chocolate M&M's (they're the ones in the purple bags).

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter trail snacks
December 09, 7:46pm

Rocky socks layering
Since I already have the boots I like, and I always wear a liner sock with thick, outer socks, when I wear the Rocky socks in potentially wet weather (almost all the time), I just wear the thick so...

In GEAR » Looking for socks to wear with trail runners
December 07, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm