Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 421 - 430 of 690 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...69

Forum » Thread

SL2
Hey Dondo, you could always sell him yours. I haven't seen a trip report in quite a while so you must not be getting out much. :) You won't get down to $99 but he could buy the tent and ...

In GEAR » Golite flys and nests no longer available separately
March 01, 12:42pm

Try Golite
I agree with checking with Golite. They seem like a good company to deal with. My puppy chewed up a bit of my Rainshadow 2 and I sent it back to Tarptent for them to fix it. I told Henry to take h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Oh that dog "tent repair"
February 28, 11:02am

SL3 condensation
I was on a hut trip over the weekend and I brought along my Golite SL3 to test out in winter conditions and figure out how to pitch it. I'd read of quite a few people using it as a winter shelt...

In Winter Hiking » SL3 condensation
February 27, 10:38am

Altitude
I'm not sure if there's any way to predict if you'll have any problem at altitude. I have a friend who lives at 6000' and is very good shape and also a backpacker and ski instructor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Winds, solo?
February 19, 1:05am

Apple
"Also, names are tied to products. I have many vinyl records manufactured by a company named Apple, no relation to the Apple here in the US. And both used an apple as their logo." Appl...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
February 18, 10:18am

Re: "Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!"
I forgot my dog's food one time on a 3 day trip. All his gear was on the list except for food. We hustled and did the trip in 2 days instead of 3 and he shared my food. Could have been worse. C...

In Gear Lists » Oh Man! I forgot my _______ again!
February 14, 2:10pm

Fire
So in that video the woman is talking about people carrying a an alky stove and how it’s fun to have a campfire, and freaking out when going to sleep and and there was still embers burning and th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 09, 11:33pm

Fire danger
"My understanding on alky stoves, according to FS officials, you have to be able to turn it off. I've seen do-gooders tell me during extreme fire conditions in August, that it was family t...

February 09, 9:31pm

Fire danger
I wrote to the Forest Service bigwig during a fire ban last year stating the case for UL stoves being just as safe, if not safer, than other types of stoves. As a long time white gas stove user, I&...

February 09, 3:08pm

WTB WM Versalite
My buddy is looking for a regular length WM Versalite in great shape. If you have one you'd like to sell, PM me and let me know the details and how much you'd like for it. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » WTB WM Versalite
February 09, 1:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.