BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 421 - 430 of 638 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...64

Forum » Thread

Map
@czechexpress "Good Idea! Only 3 of us in CO so far, must be out hiking." You know it Peter. Getting those last few trips in before the first rifle season starts tomorrow. Off to RM...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
October 11, 10:04pm

Crested Butte, CO
I don't live there but I think you're looking for Crested Butte, CO. All of the mountain areas of Colorado are nice but Crested Butte is known for being a very friendly town with great moun...

In Chaff » Where to Live
October 11, 6:51pm

Email address for Slinglight
You can use freeform@earthlink.net to email Slinglight. He said they will ship to Australia.

In GEAR » Whats the lightest chair?
October 11, 12:28pm

Overboots
For snowshoeing? I use trailrunners with the Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots. I don't have VBL socks but I did try the plastic bag technique on one foot and didn't notice any differen...

In Winter Hiking » Overboots & "underboots"
October 11, 10:56am

Instaflator
Try the Instaflator. I can inflate my Kooka Bay DAM that is 24x72x2 in 1.5 bags of air. It's fast and easy. Not sure about the durability so I got 2 but I've been using one all season. I ju...

In GEAR » Camp-tek Microburst?
October 10, 4:43pm

Treeline
Probably depends on where you are above treeline. In Colorado, bears rarely go above treeline. I've never seen one above treeline and don't know of anybody who has. RMNP used to only requir...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear-bagging above treeline
October 10, 10:20am

SOLD
Both are sold. Thanks guys! PM if interested. Paypal Personal or you pay fees. BA Pumphouse. Like new. $10 shipped CONUS. Evernew 2600 non-stick pot. Excellent condition. $35 shipp...

In Gear Swap » BA Pumphouse and Evernew 2600 non-stick pot.
October 08, 4:32pm

Fires
"In my opinion and experience, people build fires because they are scared of the unknown." Right. I go solo into the wilderness but have a small fire because I'm "scared of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 07, 9:29pm

LCW
Ben, the leaves will probably be pretty much gone by next week but a great day hike is from the Goose Creek TH up to the Shafthouse. Great rock formations there. LCW is forecasted to get snow this ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall colors weekend in LCW
October 07, 9:39am

Fall colors weekend in LCW
The trip reports and photos on here are so good I'm hesitant to post a trip report but I guess I'll give it a go. I decided to go out and see some fall colors in what I consider my exten...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall colors weekend in LCW
October 06, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.