Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 421 - 430 of 722 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...73

Forum » Thread

Rain
"If these storms are usually in the afternoon, does it rarely rain overnight in summer in Colorado? Trying to dial in my shelter/sleeping system. Wondering if I can use just tarp or need tarp/...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Monsoon Season - Bad time to visit CO?
March 25, 3:59pm

Glasses
Good ideas. I even carry an extra pair of glasses. I once had a lens pop out into a stream (of course!) while getting water. Luckily I was able to find it. I probably would have bailed if I hadn...

In GEAR » lightweight eyeglasses case?
March 25, 1:42pm

CT
Be aware that segment 1 of the CT is closing again on April 1st for 3 weeks. If there isn't snow between now and the trip the first couple of segments might well be a good choice. I leave a few...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Spring backpacking in Colorado
March 23, 8:21pm

Snow
Not much snow right now so that might be a good choice. It will depend on the weather between now and then. I really couldn't think of anyplace to go in April in a normal year.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Spring backpacking in Colorado
March 23, 3:30pm

Re: speaking of dogs
You're on the right track on your list. My suggestions: I carry 2 leashes. A flexi that I clip on my hip belt for the trail and a long lead for camp. You can use the bowl for both food...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog Question
March 22, 9:49pm

Pitch
6-8" I guess. I took it down right after I pitched it. Sorry. Condensation can definitely be an issue. As in any single wall tent. Lots of ventilation is good. One thing about the doors on the...

In GEAR » New Golite Shangri-La 3 owner - Center pole and other options
March 22, 1:54pm

Length
The regular length range looks good. I pitched it as high as I normally would and the length was 65.5".

March 22, 1:33pm

SL3
You could ask that Grizz to hold it up. :) Personally, unless it's windy and raining sideways, I pitch it as high as possible. The more ventilation the better. And the more room. Even when pitc...

March 22, 12:37pm

Yep
"The GVP has a small piece of metal riveted to on side of the dove tail, that must be the reinforcement." I think that small piece is titanium. I read that on another thread.

In GEAR » My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
March 22, 10:57am

Pole length
I've never measured the height needed for the pole as I use a trekking pole and extender. I'll set it up at lunch and measures. Do you just want to know the range from fully pinned down to ...

March 22, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.