Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 421 - 430 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:
Rob, you are definitely right about the cost. I was lucky and won a quilt in a drawing. The weight might be pretty close. My quilt weighs 1.4 lbs. My Prolite 4 pad weighs 1.5 lbs. In my case, two q...

In GEAR » Hammocks with Big Agnes: thoughts?
May 23, 8:35am

Re: Hammocks with Big Agnes: thoughts?
I haven't used a Big Agnes bag but I have used a bivy, a pad, and a sleeping bag. It worked, but was a real pain to get into. The zippers on my bivy and my bag are not on the same side. My more com...

In GEAR » Hammocks with Big Agnes: thoughts?
May 22, 10:10pm

Re: Merino treated with lanolin
Sheep do sweat like we do. The wool that is sheared from the sheep (felt) needs to be washed to remove sweat, and what ever else found its way in there. There is then a process that removes much of...

In GEAR » Merino treated with lanolin
May 18, 2:51pm

Merino treated with lanolin
Has anyone treated their merino wool with lanolin? I am specifically thinking of the wool clothing from Smartwool or Ibex but any machine washable variety will do. What were the positive effects? W...

In GEAR » Merino treated with lanolin
May 18, 11:53am

Re: Best Windshirt/Hard Shell Combo?
I just went through a similar mental process. Mine started with the base layer, however. I just bought a Smartwool Shadow's Hoody. I currently own a Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket which I love, but felt...

In Gear Lists » Best Windshirt/Hard Shell Combo?
May 16, 2:23pm

Give me a "clo"
Richard or anyone, I've seen the unit "clo" used in these forums before but haven't seen a definition. I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what's a "clo"?

In GEAR » WM Pod 15 & Pod 30?
May 16, 1:24pm

Thermoelectric Generators
I saw the article Warm Watts for Wireless on Wired News and thought others might find this interesting. It talks about using a temperature gradient such as that between the skin and the surrounding...

In Chaff » Thermoelectric Generators
May 15, 12:00pm

Re: Cost
The CN0.6k.08 costs 13.70 USD per yard, but you are asking about the CN1K.08, which I don't know.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber tarp
May 09, 5:08pm

Re: Hammock tips for WARM(ish) weather?
Have you looked at the JRB Weather Shield Bottom or the Hennessy Hammock UnderCover and UnderPad? I've tried using pads inside the hammock, it works but not as well as the underneath the hammock op...

In GEAR » Hammock tips for WARM(ish) weather?
May 05, 1:34pm

Re: hammock tips for cold weather?
Rob, it is a real challenge to stay on a pad in a hammock. What has worked for me in the past is to put the pad and your bag in a bivy inside the hammock. It is not easy to get into that setup when...

In GEAR » hammock tips for cold weather?
May 03, 3:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm