BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 421 - 430 of 587 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...59

Forum » Thread

Fish
I have just recently started to fish for trout on backpacking trips. (I have fished recreationally most of my life) Currently I have only participated in catch and release while in the backcountr...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 08, 7:42am

Pictures and price drop
$90 Shipped???? SOLD

In Gear Swap » Kelty FC 3.0 Child Carrier - Great shape
September 07, 8:31pm

Lower Price
Still available $225 Shipped for the tent and the footprint. Thanks Ben

In Gear Swap » Mutha Hubba + Footprint practically new
September 06, 8:36pm

Copper Spur
I currently use a copper spur UL 1. I decided to go with it because of the side entry and the solid fabric on the body 1/2 way up. It really cuts down on drafts in the night. I don't have a...

In GEAR » Considering a BA Copper Spur UL1
September 01, 7:21am

Kelty FC 3.0 Child Carrier - Great shape
I have a Kelty FC 3.0 child carrier. Light blue in color. We have used it maybe a dozen time. It is in great shape. Comes with everything it had when it was new. (sunshade, changing pad) We h...

In Gear Swap » Kelty FC 3.0 Child Carrier - Great shape
August 30, 3:33pm

Copper Spur
For being a beginning backpacker, I would recommend the Copper Spur UL1. It is rather light for a freestanding double wall with above average size. Plus, you get a tent without any "fuss fac...

In GEAR » New and need advice on a shelter.
August 30, 2:59pm

Mutha Hubba + Footprint practically new
MSR Mutha Hubba tent for sale. Excellent condition. Practically new condition. Used in the backyard once. Includes the MSR footprint. This is the version with the yellow fly. Stuff sack ha...

In Gear Swap » Mutha Hubba + Footprint practically new
August 26, 4:24pm

Larger Tipi = circle
If you want to make a larger tipi, I suggest making it an actual tipi (round) vs a square one. That way all the pieces of fabric are the same size. I have made two MYOG tipis with fabric from Noa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Considering tipi build
August 17, 2:47pm

Good to go
I just got back from the southern flat tops. It is practically snow free.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Flat Tops Conditions?
August 15, 9:45pm

Copper spur
I like the copper spur 1 if we are talking "traditional" tents. I mostly like it for its above average 1 person room, and the side entry. One other thing I like about it is the fact tha...

In GEAR » Lightest Traditional 1 Person 3 Season Tent?
August 09, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.