Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 421 - 430 of 650 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...65

Forum » Thread

Pillow
I sewed little elastic loops into the margin of a Big Agnes Insulated air core. Then I attached little plastic hooks to the loops. The hooks then "hooked" into the gromets that are area...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » securing pillow to pad
February 16, 6:40pm

Etrex
I have had the Vista HCX for about 5 years. I find it to be very accurate and durable. You can load TOPO maps on it and it will also tell you your elevation once you have it calibrated. The batt...

In GEAR » Garmin Etrex Vista HCx
February 16, 8:55am

WALK
I have the first 3 WALK movies by squatch. You can borrow them if you want. Shoot me a PM if you are interested

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone have any AT/PCT DVDs I can borrow?
February 16, 7:41am

Yep
I always bring a cell phone if I can climb up to a ridge and expect to get out, or rent a sat phone. It is almost a requirement with a wife and 2 small kids. It keeps them from constantly worryin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 14, 7:31am

Good
I bought several articles off sierra trading post at 50% off (briefs and a shirt) They are great. I especially like the fact that they don't stink after an hour on the trail like underarmour st...

In GEAR » Exofficio quality.
February 13, 1:24pm

Holy Cross
If you want any specific info for the Holy Cross Wilderness, shoot me a PM.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Four Loop Pass OR Holy Cross Wilderness?
February 13, 7:40am

REI MERINO BUFF
REI has the merino wool buff on sale for $20. They also have free shipping right now.

In Gear Deals » REI MERINO BUFF
February 12, 7:35pm

OHT
I will be interested in the replies. I have though about doing this trail in late winter/early spring before the bugs are out.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ozark Highlands Trail questions
February 10, 1:25pm

CO
If I had a choice I would go to the Wind Rivers. But, in order to save some time and gas, I just did a trip to the Holy Cross Wilderness just south of Vail. I did about 30 miles in 3 days. I cou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good backpacking mid July?
February 08, 1:32pm

Food
I have been getting by with about 1.5 per day. I eat mostly freeze dried meals and granola/energy bars.

In GEAR » weight of food?
February 04, 5:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.