BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Guest

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 421 - 430 of 564 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...57

Forum » Thread

Yep
I only carry a saw when on a backpack hunting trip. It is used to cut a center pole for a pyramid shelter (from a dead tree or branch) and to process the animal if I get one. I don't think ...

In GEAR » Have you ever needed a SAW?
June 29, 6:55am

Sticks
Could you use sticks found along the way to save you weight and $$$? Just measure the length before hand and then find something to fit.

In Gear Swap » WTB: SMD Lunar Duo carbon fiber poles
June 27, 1:45pm

Cabelas Guidewear II
I most recently used a Cabelas guidewear II longsleeve shirt. It has alot of features that I appreciate: TALL sizes, lots of useful pockets, pit zips, extendable collar for sun protection, and ven...

In GEAR » Advice on choosing a hiking shirt?
June 17, 2:57pm

The COL
I crossed knapsack from the west side last august. On the way up it was totally free of snow. Once I got to the top, the east side had a huge cornice that we had to downclimb on the north side al...

In Post-Trip Reports » Knapsack Col
June 15, 7:58am

Poles
I am pretty sure the SL8 is 5 feet longer than the SL6, so you would have to tie up one peak of the 6 nest under the 8 tarp to make it work. Thanks

In Gear Swap » FS Golite Shangri La 4+ Tarp and 6 Nest
June 07, 12:53pm

BUMP
SOLD

June 06, 9:03pm

Warrenty!!
I have heard of others having the same problem. When they contacted MSR, they sent them a new fly.

In GEAR » MSR Hubba Troubles
May 30, 8:40pm

bump
Nest still for sale. Lowered price

May 29, 8:52pm

Pyramid
I agree with the pyramid idea. Great room for 2, plus if the wind switches at night you will be protected from all sides. One with a vent would be good for warm sections. They do make a huge dif...

In GEAR » Duomids, mids and pyramids o my
May 25, 11:17am

FS Golite Shangri La 6 Nest
Both SOLD Thanks

May 20, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.