Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 421 - 430 of 663 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...67

Forum » Thread

Exped
I am lusting over an Exped UL7 when it comes out in long/wide. I have a load of moosejaw points that are ready and waiting. Last I heard is that they will start showing up in March or April.

In GEAR » So What's Tempting You? C'mon, Spit It Out!
February 23, 10:03pm

poles
I was originally very leary about golf club shafts. After 3 trips with them, I am more than surprised at the durability. There were several times that I slipped going down a boulderfield and I wa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind Rivers 2010
February 23, 9:40pm

Wind Rivers 2010
Just thought I would post a link to my wind rivers trip in 2010. Sorry I don't have any captions on the pictures, I might add them if I get time in the next week or so. I figure the pictures ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind Rivers 2010
February 23, 7:41pm

earplugs
Like others, I use earplugs to prevent the "what was that sound" in my head.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ways to sleep better
February 23, 11:59am

Ways to sleep better
One of the more difficult things that I encounter on a backpacking trip is getting a good night’s sleep, especially on the 1st few nights. After that, I am usually so exhausted that I basically ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ways to sleep better
February 23, 10:32am

Wind Rivers
I suggest the wind rivers. A loop out of Elkhart/ over knapsak col / past titcomb basin and indian basin / and out to your car. It would be hard to get much better than that. I'm sure there ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CDT/Rockies Section Hike
February 22, 1:34pm

Try it
I am going to give this a try this summer in Colorado. I think I will use an umbrella with a DWR windshirt. Most of the time, the rain will only last 30 minutes or so in the summer. I can see th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 22, 10:18am

Sweet
Great Data Thanks for taking the time to do that!!!

In GEAR » How effective are Cozies?
February 22, 7:55am

Oware 10x10 3.5 flat tarp
I have an Oware 3.5 Tarp. It is 10x10. I sewed in 2 extra tie out loops on the ridgeline. Looks like Oware is selling them for $130, you can have mine for $70 shipped. Great condition, comes wi...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 8x10 silnylon tarp
February 21, 5:22pm

Wood Heated Stove and MYOG Pyramid
SOLD I have a wood burning stove (made by Ed T) and a pyramid tent for sale. The stove is the same as a Kifaru medium with a 50" pipe. It includes the stove, 2 cinder screens, 1 damper...

In Gear Swap » Wood Heated Stove and MYOG Pyramid
February 21, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.