Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Vance (Servingko) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Intermountain West
About Me Thru hiked the PCT in 1983 and half of the CDT in 84. Backpacking since 1973 when I did my first 50 miler as a scout. Total gear nut and have dropped from a base weight of 35lbs to 10 - 12lbs and love spending time in the mountains even more. I typically get out for 2 week long trips and several weekend trips each year.
CitySalt Lake City
StateUtah
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Vance

Showing 421 - 430 of 503 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Quilt Review
I posted this elsewhere but thought I would include it here for those that may be following this thread. Having spent 4 nights using my Katabatic Sawatch I can say it is definitely a keeper. Alt...

In GEAR » Katabatic Gear?
June 10, 9:18am

Nano Fabric
The Nano fabric is FF's lightest weight option and should be comparable to Pertex Quantum as far as weight goes. From their site: "NanoSphere® is a permanent treatment to the fabric, ...

In GEAR » Down Vest Comparison
June 07, 4:12pm

FF Hyperion WM Flight Vests
I have a FF Hyperion Jacket and Vest and have had the WM Flight vest and both vests are very similar. I have the Jacket in EPIC and the vest was a special order in Pertex Quantum. The Jacket is ...

In GEAR » Down Vest Comparison
June 07, 3:11pm

Impressions after use
Having spent 4 nights using my Katabatic Sawatch I can say it is definitely a keeper. Although the lowest night time temp was only 27 degrees, I am confident that when combined with the down hood ...

In GEAR » Katabatic Sawatch
June 07, 12:21pm

Kookabay DAM
I have a 24" x 60" rectangle in the standard 70d material and 6 oz down. Total weight is 21.5oz

In GEAR » Neoair vs. Kookabay
June 07, 9:08am

Katabatic Sawatch
Just wanted to post my initial review of the Katabatic Sawatch that I received yesterday. For those that like to turn to the last page and see the lower right hand corner of any financial report (...

In GEAR » Katabatic Sawatch
June 03, 11:24am

2009 Golite Ultra 20 new with tags
I have a new regular length ultra 20 that weighs 18.5oz without the straps and 19.1 with them. At 6'1" you may want others to chime in and verify that a regular works at 1" over. ...

In Gear Swap » WTB 30* light weight down quilt
June 03, 8:24am

UPS to deliver 6/2
It looks like my delivery was changed by UPS for tomorrow - bummer. I will have this in time for a trip (leaving on Thursday), which was a big plus as I wasn't expecting shipping until the 11t...

June 01, 2:40pm

New quilt
I have a quilt coming tomorrow - a Sawatch and will update with my first impressions.

May 31, 7:17pm

Jetboilette
Nice work! I have been kicking this idea around myself but lack the tools to make it look OEM. Please let us know how it works outdoors with a little wind. Adding a windscreen would reduce the a...

In GEAR » Holy stove efficiency batman!!! Soto/Jetboil
May 27, 1:04pm

All Reader Reviews by John Vance

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Chisos
This is from previous posts but I thought I would include it here as well. I received my Chisos with 2oz overfill and just wanted to update those waiting to hear a little more about my initial imp...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 06, 11:48am

Katabatic Gear Sawatch
I know I only have spent 4 nights using my Katabatic Sawatch, I wanted to get a review out for those interested that I have posted elsewhere on this site but not in the review area. I can say thi...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 10, 10:18am

Six Moon Designs Swift10
Now that I have some miles on my 2010 Swift I thought I would prepare a more thorough review. I have been using a 2006 SMD Starlight for the past few years and really love it coming from a brief stin...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 10, 10:09am

Kookabay Custom Down Air Mattress (DAM)
I recently my pad from Bender yesterday and have to say I am impressed. The seams and sealing is very consistent, straight, and even. My custom pad used the standard 70d fabric and is 24" wide, 6...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 22, 11:08am