BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 421 - 430 of 538 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

Steripen
Very good point. I have a video showing a former Air Force survival instructer demonstrating the Steripen, and she points out that only the water inside the bottle becomes sterile. Her only comme...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 15, 6:02pm

Why Backpacking?
Re: "The thing about the question is there is no wrong answer." Oh, Yeah? Here's my answer: because backpacking is good excercise for the entire family. I make the little wifie car...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Backpacking?
March 15, 5:17pm

Army Tests Micropur
Re: "One of my arguments was that there are theories that virii have traveled through space on/in a meteor then crashing into planet earth and surviving, then sparking life on Earth." Th...

In GEAR » Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
March 05, 5:32pm

Night Hiking
Jonathan: I still haven't become an expert, but I have lived in what is essentially the Sierra Foothills for over 35 years, and I have a rule for just me, not for anyone else: "Be able to...

In Gear Lists » Gear List - Summer Sierra night hiking
March 05, 1:20am

Sub 3 lb List
It's that frilly bow in the back. I just can't bring myself to cut it off.

In Gear Lists » Sub 3 lb List
March 04, 6:28pm

Sub 3 lb list
Re: "Black Bear Slip Men 0.9oz, worn." I prefer the Victoria Secrets "Lush Lavender" slip, 1.3 oz.

In Gear Lists » Sub 3 lb List
March 04, 11:25am

Night Hiking
Re: "Also, since rain is normally short lived in the summer I wasn't planning on stopping until it stops. (no bivy)." I'm glad you're going instead of me, because as a non-ex...

March 03, 5:11pm

Night Hiking
You asked for expert opinions. I'm not an expert, but I have a couple of products in mind that you might enjoy considering, since you may already own a vest: Nunatak: "The perfect compli...

March 02, 1:11am

New England Forests
I don't consider the dense forests of New England part of what I call "the civilized wilderness." You barbarians can bash around in your Devil-cursed woods, ski on ice instead of sno...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
February 23, 6:09pm

Follow a stream or a ridge?
Backtracking to the question of stream vs. ridgline, I think it is often possible to do both simultaneously. Usually streams and rivers carve a valley down the hill, with a ridge on each side. By...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
February 22, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm