BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 421 - 430 of 897 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...90

Forum » Thread

Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
It is wildfire season here in the Rockies. And with the fires come bans on certain types of backpacking stoves. A good reason to look at going stoveless while backpacking. Here's why I think...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
June 25, 7:43pm

quotes
I used to manage a Yahoo group for the local outdoor group I was active with. In every mailing, there would be an suitable quote for the outdoors, travel or adventure. Here's the compiled li...

In Philosophy & Technique » Words to hike by
June 25, 10:26am

Damn...
I just backpacked in the LCW this past weekend. A chunk of the loop was on the CT. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmags/sets/72157634297646130/ I was hiking perhaps 5 miles from the fire? Wo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 24, 10:42pm

Segments 1 and 2 closed
For all intents and purposes, Segments 1 and 2 are closed. The start of Seg 3 off of 126 is confirmed to be open. Good info at the CTF Facebook page. Even if you are not a FB member, you can sti...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 20, 5:50pm

skiing
crap! We missed that question. I really wanted to answer it myself as we discussed skiing. :) We'll answer it on the july show for sure! Thx for the kind words BTW. We certainly have fun ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
June 20, 9:40am

All good reasons..BUT
Trying convincing Mrs Mags to not use a tent with a "real" floor. :) She'll backpack with me only if we have, what she calls, a real tent. So we happily (? :) ) backpack togethe...

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 9:54am

The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
It's Summertime and today we bring you Episode #13! On this month's episode we discuss National Trails Day & our upcoming workday on the Colorado Trail, our recent hike of the Boul...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #13- The Oregon Desert Trail
June 19, 8:47am

thrifter
The thrift store has mainly provided me with fleeces, wind jacket/pants and long sleeve dress shirts (65/35 poly-cotton) for three season hiking. My overall best find in a thriftier was a Patag...

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
June 13, 4:11pm

fit
Slightly baggy. More than an athletic fit, but a little less than "relaxed" fit. Hope that helps.

In GEAR » Intresting UL wind pants from dance world
June 13, 8:00am

Stoveless
On solo trips it is an option I make use of for sure. Less futzing, no need to cook in hot weather and do not have to worry about fuel. Ps be safe! 4 miles seems unccmfortably close. :O

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fire bans on the CT
June 12, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.