BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 421 - 430 of 723 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...73

Forum » Thread

St. Vrain's Ridge Walk
A walk on the ridge that connects St. Vrain Mountain to the Continental Divide. Over the years, I've developed a taste for more off-trail jaunts. Where the terrain is a little more rough, ...

In Post-Trip Reports » St. Vrain's Ridge Walk
September 05, 7:26pm

I'm lucky
All Mrs Mags wants is A) A plan of where I am hiking B) A call wen I am back in town and I am done Knowing where I am at every day (or every hour) is not something she is particularly inte...

In GEAR » My Spot Connect really let me down!
September 04, 8:08am

CHAOS
Still alive and kicking (if now in MEETUP form). I know "Rev Tommy" pretty well and go backcountry skiing with him a fair amount every winter in addition to attending his house gatheri...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast to you hike?
August 30, 4:39pm

Older folks doing more mileage
I think that phenomenon is partially because the 20s and 30s crowds tend to want to squeeze more in a day than 'just' hiking. Hiking is only one part of their day. Going on a group hike...

August 30, 8:10am

Depends
Is there a cooler full of beer waiting for me in my truck and/or nearby brew pubs? In which case my pace picks up considerably on the last day of a trip vs the first day.....

August 29, 2:49pm

Backpacking in the Basin - Andrew Skurka's RMNP Trip
Three days and two nights assisting Andrew Skurka with his backpacking trip in the Wild Basin area of Rocky Mountain National Park. Over the years, I've become a competent outdoors person.&n...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking in the Basin - Andrew Skurka's RMNP Trip
August 23, 9:27pm

Patridge
Roasted with olive oil, infused with garlic, a few spices and seasonings and definitely some orange zest. If there are pears on said pear tree and you have some butter and brown sugar, you'...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 22, 11:13pm

The Gila
Try pinging Eugene Smith here on BPL. He backpacks in the Gila a fair amount. Not sure if he knows the area you speak of...but it can't hurt to ask.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Disappointment :-(
August 21, 7:44pm

Bunch o commies...
"Unless it is your wife then it's just plain smart or survival!" Indeed! When on trips with friends, we are all self contained. When I take Mrs. Mags...well, funny how my p...

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone Practice Trail Communism?
August 21, 7:43pm

Well said
Craig, That's a very insightful post. If we turn off the next generation to the outdoors because of something as preventable as carrying too much gear, where is the next generation of v...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 12:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.