BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 421 - 430 of 829 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...83

Forum » Thread

Fleece and windshirt
I am all about the fleece and windshirt combo for winter. I don't snowshoe, but I am an avid Nordic skier and find this is the combo that works for me. For an in-depth look at this system, g...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 08, 7:33pm

Fleece reconsidered
Something I wrote recently that has received some good traction. Thought people here may find it interesting. Basically, a look at the humble fleece jacket that many of us here have eschewed at ti...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 08, 4:31pm

SOS...our electronics are in danger! :)
File this under the "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" category... Search and Rescue called because the hikers were afraid to get their electronics wet: http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/21902624...

In On the Web » SOS...our electronics are in danger! :)
April 07, 10:45pm

Leatherman Kick
I carry a Leatherman Kick in winter. No particular reason why I bought that one vs another other than it is small, fits in my pack easily and has some tools I've actually used in winter. (E...

In Winter Hiking » Winter travel tool
April 06, 4:27pm

CDTC Fundraising Event
Help protect and promote the CDT Launch Event in Golden, Colorado at The American Mountaineering Museum. May 21st at 6pm. This is a FREE event including FREE admission to the American Mounta...

In On the Web » CDTC Fundraising Event
April 04, 12:12pm

TTS
Yep..our motto is "Less gear..more beer!" :) We celebrate the hikes and the hiking lifestyle rather than the gear. I like to think of the show as bit like "Backpacker Magazines me...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Podcasts
April 03, 5:16pm

Fixed...
Grazie!

In On the Web » The Trail Show #10 - The Sierra High Route
March 28, 3:32pm

Writing the purple prose
I wrote this a few years back. Perhaps it will help and/or enlighten and/or make you bored to tears. ;) http://www.pmags.com/after-the-trail-%E2%80%93-post-trail-re-adjustment I need to up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 27, 3:25pm

Regrets?
I regret not being in the postion to thru-hike right now. :) All the hiking I've done from my early 20s - 35 yo has made me the person I am right now (Turning 39 this May) Currently I am...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 26, 3:06pm

Dress shirt
Along with what David said, I use an old long sleeve dress shirt for sun protection. It is a poly-cotton (65/35) blend and have used a variation of this shirt for most of my backpacking since 200...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 2:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.