Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 421 - 430 of 931 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...94

Forum » Thread

Indian Peaks Wilderness : Pawnee Buchanan Loop
A quick overnight backpacking trip on a Front Range classic - The Pawnee-Buchanan Loop in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. I have been in the Boulder, CO area for nearly 15 years now. At this...

In Post-Trip Reports » Indian Peaks Wilderness : Pawnee Buchanan Loop
July 28, 1:31pm

useful items
*Thrift store dress shirt: Light, dries quickly, sun and bug protection *Surplus wool liner gloves: Use them in all four seasons. Pair with a shell only $4 a pair *Boonie hat: $10 for sun, l...

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 27, 5:53pm

Which stove
May I pose the radical idea that it really doesn't really matter? :) Ultimately, the stoves comes down to your personal preference more than anything. Some (biased) guidelines IMO: *If...

In GEAR » Which stove to bring ?
July 27, 5:46pm

BPH
>> Personally, the question of experience dramatically determines how and who I hike >>with--not weight. Bingo. I'd much rather hike with a buddy who is carrying 20 lbs BPW and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
July 26, 8:20am

"The best"?
Don't know if is the best, but this one is pretty cool for the mileage you want and the elevation gain is not too bad. By RMNP standards, it is relatively quite, too, vs other areas (relati...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best half-day hike in RMNP
July 25, 11:43am

Scouts
I've asked before, but really all that matters is how the Scouts enjoy the experience? We adults can hash out about the Philmont way, but seems like most Scouts enjoy the experience. And ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Philmont Journal - Part 1
July 24, 2:19pm

Gore Range Trail
Consider using the Gore Range Trail as a way to connect different trails and locations. All THs (including both ends) are accessible by the Summit Stage bus mention earlier and make a great way ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Colorado September trip?
July 23, 8:40pm

Details please :)
How many MPD can you comfortably hike? Also, does this 5-6 day time frame include an acclimation period (strongly suggested BTW!) As for mid-September, it can be the best time of the year to hik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good Colorado September trip?
July 23, 5:37pm

gear sales...
I've always wondered why outdoor stores have gear sales on weekends???? If you are an avid weekend warrior, you try to cram every free weekend into outdoor fun (like me. :) ). A gear sal...

In Gear Deals » Denver Area - Bent Gate Mountaineering (Golden) big sale today only
July 21, 10:04pm

trail names
I happen to have nick name I use on a trail..guess I'm a bit of a fraud. :) Mags is a very obvious nickname if you have a hard to pronounce last name of Italian origin like mine. My gra...

In Philosophy & Technique » 'Trail names'
July 21, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.