BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 421 - 430 of 609 | Page: 1 ...34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ...61

Forum » Thread

Old Loggers Path Campsites
Please feel free to PM me as well if you'd like more info about the Old Loggers Path. I've hiked it three times so far - twice with "first timers" so it's a perfect loop for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Old loggers path campsites
May 26, 12:03pm

Old Loggers Path
Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for this website - simply sharing one of my favorite trails. The photos and the captions were great - I might have to ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Old Loggers Path, Central PA, April 21-23
May 24, 8:10pm

Breakfast for a non-cooker
My breakfast has evolved from coffee/hot chocolate and either oatmeal or grits to something much quicker and better tasting: PackIt Gourmet's Jump Start Fruit Smoothies They mix in the zipl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast for a non-cooker
May 24, 8:35am

Inov-8 Sizing
I had a pair of RocLite 390 GTX that I really wanted to love. I ordered them online a half size larger than I normally wear and they seemed to fit fine as I wore them around the house. I did th...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Sizing/Fit?
May 20, 5:00am

Wood Stove Option
I used the Antig Outdoors Woodlore Stove when I took my daughters backpacking a couple of weeks ago. I knew it would do in a pinch to roast marshmallows and/or hot dogs if we couldn't have an...

In GEAR » When does a wood burning stove become a firepit?
May 17, 6:13am

mUV in a Platy
As you can see from the photo below, the mUV fits perfectly in a Platypus neck - sealing it so that no water escapes. The bulb doesn't extend very far into the bladder but I shake and swirl it...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
May 12, 6:16am

UV Sterilization - mUV
If you're not in too much of a hurry, Meridian Design has redesigned their mUV product. I had one of the old ones that stopped working when I bounced it off a shelter floor along the AT. They...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
May 11, 11:25am

Four Preschoolers obearn the AT
Thanks everyone for your comments - we really had a great time. It can be a little scary scheduling a trip like this weeks in advance because you never know the weather, but we had one of the best...

In Post-Trip Reports » Four Preschoolers on the AT
May 05, 6:41am

Four Preschoolers on the AT
This past weekend I took my 4 ½ year-old twins for their first backpacking trip (a simple one-nighter). Accompanying us were two other dads (Matt and Bernie) and their 3 ½ year-old daughters. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Four Preschoolers on the AT
May 04, 9:51am

Carrying a Saw
I'll admit to owning a 15" folding Sven Saw at a whopping 10.58 ounces. Several of the guys with whom I hike feel that the campfire is the sole reason to be in the woods. They like scrou...

In GEAR » Is it ever worth it to carry a saw?
April 25, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am