BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 421 - 430 of 508 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Re: Meshy trail runners + merino socks
I don't know that you can talk about "trail shoes" and "trail runners" generically. My Wildcats are much stiffer than my Montrails though they're both labeled "tra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 1:23pm

Meshy trail runners + merino socks
Consider a trail shoe/runner with a mesh fabric body and wool socks. I've hiked long creek hikes in my Sportiva Wildcats (obviously the non-gortex model.) Mesh fabric lets the water drain w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 12:39pm

I'll take 5
Put me down for 5 yards.

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
August 11, 10:10am

Re: Titanium Hook Tent Stakes - Testimonial
Love mine, too! Painted the top of the hooks with the brightest hot pink nail polish I had -- haven't lost one yet. :)

In Gear Deals » Titanium Hook Tent Stakes
August 04, 3:59pm

Re: What is a sufficient footprint substitute you use?
2mil plastic painters' dropsheet. $10 roll from Lowe's is almost a lifetime supply and allows me to cut exactly the size I need for different tarps, conditions, etc. I got the textured pla...

In GEAR » What is a sufficient footprint substitute you use?
August 04, 11:22am

wild-ideas.net
You can rent from the manufacturer. Good service -- they'll send it to you before your hike and you ship it back. Pay for your hike days only. It's not obvious on their website that the...

In GEAR » Bearikade Hire
July 31, 12:29pm

Re: Alcohol consumpsion, same as at home?
Oh... I thought you were asking about drinking on the trail. I was going to answer that a bottle-of-wine-per-day gets pretty darn heavy... ;)

In GEAR » Alcohol consumpsion, same as at home?
July 30, 9:49am

Re: backpacking with kids - increasing their role
How old is your son?

In Philosophy & Technique » backpacking with kids - increasing their role
July 29, 1:25pm

Down quilt revisited
I asked some questions about making a down quilt this past winter but ended up shelving the project, mostly because I fell in love with my new Feathered Friends bag and didn't want to make it j...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down quilt revisited
July 28, 12:46pm

Re: ok...
>> Sumi- Where did you find those needles, and are they the singer brand or third party? I bought Singer needles at JoAnn Fabrics. They're style 2020, size 80/11 "for lightweight...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing a Quilt Questions
July 23, 10:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.