BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 421 - 430 of 496 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Forum » Thread

Re: Please someone explain this to me
Here! Here! The pocket thing really bugs me. Even for the supposedly same model. For instance, men's R1 has a chest pocket, none on the women's. Why not?? (Must be for carrying the re...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 9:01am

Re: Looking for 3-4 man tarp, tarptent, or just a plain tent.
I've heard great things about the Hogback if you can find one. At this point, maybe getting lucky on finding a used one may be your best shot. Otherwise, I would put your boys in your 2-per...

In GEAR » Looking for 3-4 man tarp, tarptent, or just a plain tent.
July 21, 6:40am

Re: Grand Canyon Route: 5 days, 4 nights, rim-to-rim. Any suggestions?
>> We've already looked at the Escalante route, and while it looks exciting, we were hoping to do something longer. When you say "longer", do you mean more distance/miles? B...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon Route: 5 days, 4 nights, rim-to-rim. Any suggestions?
July 20, 1:44pm

Re: Collapsible trekking poles
Black Diamond Distance poles. These are the aluminum version but still quite light -- 12.3oz for the pair of 120cm. On sale at SunnySports.com for $70. http://www.sunnysports.com/Catalog.aspx?...

In GEAR » Collapsible trekking poles
July 19, 10:20pm

Re: Wow
I hate to break it to you but it *could* get worse before it gets better... I felt really lucky that my son loved the outdoors and especially hiking as a toddler. Unfortunately (or fortunately,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many nights do you spend outdoors a year?
July 19, 7:56am

Re: sleeping bag questions
I have the Wicked Light. (Have both bags, actually.) I can understand shaking all the down toward the top but what's the advantage of putting the pad inside the bag?

In GEAR » sleeping bag questions
July 18, 6:27pm

Re: Rum Runner 32oz Flasks
I use them all the time and prefer them over the Platypus Softbottle. They have a pleated bottom and are made from a stiffer plastic, so they "stand up" on their own better. The cap is ...

In GEAR » Rum Runner 32oz Flasks
July 06, 12:22pm

Re: Poles: What are you all buying when you don't have $170 to shell out for LT4's?
SunnySports.com has the Black Diamond "Distance" poles on sale for $69.95. These are aluminum. The 130cm is 12.7oz for the pair. (The "Ultra Distance", which are the carbon fi...

In GEAR » Poles: What are you all buying when you don't have $170 to shell out for LT4's?
June 27, 5:26am

Re: Zipper size
>> I believe Tarptent and most UL tent makers use a #3 Great -- I think I'm going to go with the #3 and see how it works out. Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » What size zipper for tarptent beak?
June 23, 2:27pm

What size zipper for tarptent beak?
I'm making a silnylon tarptent with a full zippered beak. I ordered #8 coil zipper without really thinking and, wow, it's huge and pretty heavy. What size zippers are you all using? Any ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What size zipper for tarptent beak?
June 23, 10:44am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.