Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4171 - 4180 of 5902 | Page: 1 ...409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ...591

Forum » Thread

Re: Trekking Pole Handle to Grommet - Nylon Bolt
Here's a Nylon ¼-20 in the expander. The total weight penalty, for both sides, 0.33 ounces. I can live with that.

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
April 29, 9:46am

Re: Don't Buy From RS Hughes
+1 on McMaster-Carr. Amazing amount of stuff. Real world shipping, and sometimes on smalls - No shipping! Pretty good search engine. Incredible folks on the phone.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuffsack - Bonded
April 26, 2:49pm

Re: GG Gorilla w/canister?
There are three threads running this line... Look Here for other perspectives. the Ohm, Gorilla, and Mariposa are all similar in size.

In GEAR » New pack and bear can
April 26, 1:53pm

Re: thx
If you are doing if from the Aspen side, be sure you have a handle of the shuttle schedule in and out of Maroon Lake. And from that side you can always make your early flight out on Monday, even...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Four Pass Loop or other? - Maroon Bells Colorado
April 26, 1:42pm

Re: Four Pass Loop or other? - Maroon Bells Colorado
From Schoefield Pass to Denver would be a tight, no traffic/no crashes/no tickets 6 hours. If you want to be there by 10pm you need to be out by 4pm. (If you don't park at the top of Schoefie...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Four Pass Loop or other? - Maroon Bells Colorado
April 26, 1:10pm

Re: Can you make one with eVent?
Richard, I use the GG AirVents and like them a lot. The only issue is that they will "re-inflate" rather quickly if they are not constrained. I just keep leaning on them as I pack addit...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Dry Bag
April 26, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Full length sleeping pad with Gorilla?
Yep...I'd give a canister a strong consideration! As for experience...I've got None in that country. But there are others lurking about who have plenty. Hopefully they will chime in.

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
April 26, 11:27am

Re: Re: Hey moderators
I've sensed a pattern that suggest the moderator actually take hikes, sometimes days at a time, versus monitoring this endless stream of ....

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 26, 11:22am

Re: Re: Re: Full length sleeping pad with Gorilla?
Andrei, "BearVault...Ursack...Canada..." Where are the trips? Are black bears a problem? Grizz? Will you be camping in "popular spots" prone to bears problems, or in off-t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
April 26, 10:46am

Re: Why?
In some cases - the trail to Whitney for instance, or along a stream in slickrock country, too many people, even when "careful, thoughtful, LNT, etc, just overwhelm the area. There simply i...

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 26, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm