BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4171 - 4180 of 4596 | Page: 1 ...409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ...460

Forum » Thread

Re: Bigfoot Bagging
Maybe Less Stroud is the guy you need to talk to. He's been around a bit. I heard Less Stroud is so tough he stuffed Bigfoot into a quart-sized ziplock.

In Post-Trip Reports » Ugh.. bigfoot.
January 20, 8:39pm

Re: Titanium Whistle
Roger - OP states: "I have used up every single one that I had by doing additional machining, surface finishing and other tests with them, so unfortunately I don’t have any finished o...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
January 20, 8:15pm

Re: Ugh.. bigfoot.
ummmm....Shaq, on TV, size 23...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ugh.. bigfoot.
January 20, 7:32pm

Hard Drives at Altitude
"It's not surprising that a hard drive based ipod might have trouble at altitude, the heads in them fly above the disk on a cushion of air, so the air density would affect the performance....

In Chaff » Hard Drives at Altitude
January 20, 10:51am

Re: stove
Sold. (although not to Daniel).

In Gear Swap » FS: Fissure and .9L Evernew UL Deep Pot
January 20, 9:10am

Re:Caldera Fissure and .9L Evernew UL Deep Pot
Another forum member suggested that some here might not know about the nesting feature of the Fissure - that the cone is split into a top and a bottom that nest in a pot. The two halves snap togeth...

In Gear Swap » FS: Fissure and .9L Evernew UL Deep Pot
January 19, 10:04am

Re: Rock Sack
Don't overlook Craig's recommendation of 3"x3" (minimum). Trying to find a weighty rock to fit in a small bag is a PITA.

In GEAR » Rock Sack
January 18, 7:41pm

Re: Dazzle
Matthew, I have launched helium in excess of 10km/sec and that will carbonize just about anything organic. (And it will make a mess of anything inorganic.) But in a "household" environm...

In Make Your Own Gear » How I can regain the dazzling appearance of my machines?
January 18, 7:25pm

Re: Re: dedazzle
Rod, -0.0012754 grams per cubic meter for air. Perhaps Helium is a better option at 0.0001786 grams per cubic meter. But be cautioned, the razzmatazz factor the gaseous restoration of dazzl...

In Make Your Own Gear » How I can regain the dazzling appearance of my machines?
January 18, 8:35am

Re: Dyneema G4
Sweet! You can lurk around my sewing machine as much as you like. I'll even provide the fabric. Nice Job.

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema G4
January 17, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm