Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: New threads on 2013 squeeze?
2013 Platypus threads fit Sawyer Sawyer Squeeze has always had the same threads You might want to test Platypus threads when you can still return it. You could just hold the threads up to th...

In GEAR » MLD now has Evernew bladders in stock
March 15, 8:20am

Re: ALL DONE
quilt looks great! pictures better now too coast of Olympic Peninsula is good right now, if it's not raining too much.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Apex 5.0 quilt
March 15, 8:09am

Re: Re: Re: @Ben
"Simple tubing and the inline adapters included with the Squeeze will do this without the quick change adapters." what???? this is pretty simple: Maybe I'm missing somethin...

In GEAR » That "Hydration Revolution" from Sawyer
March 14, 7:30pm

Re: MYOG Apex 5.0 quilt
Nice! Nice of your mom to help If you post each picture, seperated by a blank line, then it's easier to look at

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Apex 5.0 quilt
March 14, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Re: That ol' stuff sack debate
I have heard that some guys buy AR-15 and then buy cool accessories. "Barbie Dolls for guys". Same idea.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
March 14, 2:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Attaching Quilt to the Pad
I agree air pockets on sides are a negative But if there are no air gaps between pocket and outside it's not so bad. With regular quilt, as you toss and turn, or if it's windy, it see...

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching Quilt to the Pad
March 14, 12:35pm

Re: Re: tension and length?
Same here, I use "2" whatever that is (2 mm because Janome is European?) For some reason, I probably use 3 or 4 if I'm going through synthetic insulation

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
March 14, 12:13pm

Re: 2 mil tarp
Some ideas here, also in people's comments http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog_3mm_plastic_tarps.html 2 mil is not very strong. I've used it on a few trips. M...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gear Hacking Goodness : Duct Tape, Tyvek, Subway bags, and other magical materials
March 14, 10:43am

Re: That ol' stuff sack debate
I've never quite understood shoes. Why is a closet full of shoes a good thing?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
March 14, 9:03am

Re: Re: Attaching Quilt to the Pad
Rather than having webbing or grosgrain Sew a waterproof piece of fabric, like silnylon, to the bottom of the quilt around the edges. Then you'll be protected from the ground No drafts...

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching Quilt to the Pad
March 14, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.