Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 9185 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...919

Forum » Thread

Re: Squeeze Filter and Tannins
I don't like tannin water Sometimes you can find a better stream, like just South of Sand Point the stream is pretty tannined, but another 0.1 mile further is a better stream I'm surp...

In GEAR » Squeeze Filter and Tannins
September 27, 10:52am

Re: Rain camping
"I'm still wondering about entering/exiting strategies and where to store wet gear, if the tent doesn't have a big vestibule" If you have a floorless pyramid, you don't nee...

In GEAR » Help for camping in the rain with Skyscape Scout tent
September 27, 8:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Backcountry Quilt design criteria
"I'm not a fan of greed, and i see that is so pervasive and dominant in the corporate world..." If you want to make more, more, more, don't create a backpacking gear company ...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 27, 8:44am

Re: Re: how to fix a really bad sleeping bag zipper snag
pull fabric sideways while you're moving zipper pull back and/or forth

In GEAR » how to fix a really bad sleeping bag zipper snag
September 27, 8:34am

Re: Re: silnylon rain gear
I've tried vinyl poncho If it's windy it doesn't work so good, blows all over the place

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear
September 27, 8:31am

Re: Already Obsolete
Squeeze only weighs 1 ounce more, so not really obsolete

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini rocks!
September 26, 10:33pm

Re: camping in the rain
I camp in the rain a fair amount Floorless pyramid tent works pretty good. Numerous brands. MLD Trailstar is another option. Have your tent, pole, stakes easily accessible. Pull them out o...

In GEAR » Help for camping in the rain with Skyscape Scout tent
September 26, 9:44pm

Re: Re: Mini
Great pictures Dale, really shows it "The media has the same pore size as the Squeeze, but not as much surface area, so they rate it for 100,000 gallons vs 1 million gallons with the Squeez...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini rocks!
September 26, 5:22pm

Re: Re: My GPS screen is cloudy
Oh, I could have returned it to REI, but that would have violated my ethics because I've used it so long and maybe it's unreasonable to expect it to last forever. Oh, that's another ...

In GEAR » My GPS screen is cloudy
September 26, 5:10pm

Re: My GPS screen is cloudy
I talked to Garmin. They said for $110 I could exchange my 60CSx for a refurbished one with a new screen panel. Typical of Garmin, you have a problem and they want to charge a bunch to resolve it...

In GEAR » My GPS screen is cloudy
September 26, 4:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.