Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 9324 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...933

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What does 'flamed' mean?
"Shut up loser." Show what flame means by example? This thread can not go anywhere but down "Only an idiot doesn't know what flamed means" is my contribution May...

In User Test Forum » What does 'flamed' mean?
October 13, 9:04pm

Re: Re: California bans lead for all hunting
"I'd like to see Matthew Perry banned from posting." I don't agree Everyone has a possibility of redemption Maybe he has a cartoon making light of contaminating Middle Ea...

In Chaff » California bans lead for all hunting.
October 13, 8:37pm

Re: Re: My bad on Google
record welfare? I thought Clinton ended "welfare as we know it" wait a second, maybe that's just right wing propoganda...

In Chaff » Speechless (not really)
October 13, 6:30pm

Re: Potential move overseas
I've had friends that worked in Russia - that would be an interesting experience - they're short of trained oil people - I bet there are some great backpacking places - maybe make a bunch o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Potential move overseas
October 13, 6:28pm

Re: Saving
"In America, if you can save 50%, they can replace you with someone at half your pay. If someone can save 20%, they can replace you with someone that will work for 80% of your pay. The...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 13, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mutual funds
"My grandpa always told me never to put all my eggs into one basket." That's why you want an Index fund like S&P 500 - 500 baskets.

October 13, 5:02pm

Re: Re: Mutual funds
"> 9/11, the bank collapse, the flirtation with default... All wiped my mutual funds. Sure makes the mattress look like a good place to put your money eh?" If you put your mone...

October 13, 4:47pm

Re: Mutual funds
"9/11, the bank collapse, the flirtation with default... All wiped my mutual funds. To get 35% returns, Predict the collapse, short some stocks, and profit on the misery of others." ...

October 13, 4:05pm

Re: Mutual funds
I'm not being elitist Kat, just mathematical. Yeah, if you have a low paid job it's difficult to live off 80% of it and save 20%. A lot of well paid jobs have disappeared since 2000 w...

October 13, 4:00pm

Re: Prepper philosophy
Doesn't matter if you earn a lot or a little If you save 20% of your income and invest it in stock market mutual fund, in 35 years you'll have 25 times your income, and then you can live...

October 13, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.