Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 8517 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...852

Forum » Thread

Re: Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
Nice! Nice weight I like how you can see the innards of the filter, I wish they made the Squeeze like that

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
June 06, 10:11pm

Re: Possible purchase - Garmin Oregon
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/ http://switchbacks.com/

In GEAR » Possible purchase - Garmin Oregon
June 06, 6:29pm

Re: +1 on this
Good for Jetboil As a counter-example of good customer service, the back cover on my Garmin GPS broke. I think it's a defective design but that's subjective. I called them and they wan...

In GEAR » Jetboil
June 06, 5:14pm

big enough rocks
with big enough rocks your stakes will not come out

In GEAR » msr mini groundhog stakes: any reviews?
June 06, 5:09pm

Re: More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
I've used the bag which I babied. Slowly squeezed water out of it or let gravity do it, but then I forget about it and water overflows onto the ground. With the soda bottle I can apply more...

In GEAR » More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
June 06, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Re: More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
"How do you squeeze a soda bottle over and over again?" I used 1 liter soda bottle. Squeezed out about 1/4 liter, then unscrewed Squeeze enough to let air in, repeat... Now maybe a...

In GEAR » More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
June 06, 1:19pm

Re: Arm Coolers?
Maybe a squeeze bottle with mister?

In Make Your Own Gear » Arm Coolers?
June 06, 11:36am

Re: Re: waffling about rain jackets
Someone asked REI and they said they would go over a year if it's a manufacturing defect.

In GEAR » waffling about rain jackets
June 06, 10:46am

Re: Storage sense
I think mine inflates better when it's warm. I just leave it inflated with valve open at home. Probably it doesn't matter much. You could roll it up partially inflated with valve clo...

In GEAR » Prolite Plus won't self inflate
June 06, 8:59am

Re: Re: Re: missing some basics
"It is Human to Human that transmits diseases. You cannot get a new disease from anything your own body produces. It is the other guy you have to watch out for." I've never been su...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 3: M-SUL Base Weight Gear Lists
June 06, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.