BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 7596 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: Susan Rice
It seems like the main focus of Republicans is on what Susan Rice had to say afterwards which is unimportant, and there is relatively little talk about the security beforehand Susan Rice had not...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 19, 11:56am

Re: Susan Rice
"Since when does the US Government comment on videos made by crankpots?" The State Department does diplomacy. There was violence because of video. State Department comments could...

November 19, 9:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Rice
"I have no sympathy, but we do have something called the first amendment rights that protect his freedom of speech. No matter how vile his message he still has that right." Exactly ...

November 19, 7:49am

Re: Re: Re: Susan Rice
Brad - do you have any ill feelings towards somebody that would create a video intended to enrage Muslims and cause violence?

November 18, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Susan Rice
"An if I was the director of the movie I would hit Susan Rice with a defamation lawsuit." The guy who made that movie is awful. There were a bunch of violent protests in response, w...

November 18, 9:09pm

Susan Rice
Okay, I can't help myself since people have bad-mouthed Susan Rice Patraeus testified that in the days after Bengazi, the intelligence people said it was spontaneous, even though they knew i...

November 18, 10:34am

Re: Build up of condensation
Maybe it doesn't matter if shell is a little more or less breathable, water will evaporate out regardless unless its somewhat below freezing, in which there will be a place inside insulation...

In Make Your Own Gear » Breathability differential in liner and shell material for quilts/bags
November 18, 8:17am

Re: Plastic inflatable air valve
Go to toy store. Buy cheap plastic ball. Cut out valve.

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic inflatable air valve
November 18, 8:11am

Re: No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
If marijuana use being legal led to more use, then it seems like there'de be more Twinkie eating... Maybe this will lead to Twinkies being resurected

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 17, 7:08pm

Re: Steripen Adventurer or Sawyer Squeeze
I've used both Steripen - died after a few pints on new batteries - different sets of batteries and different brands. But I also used it successfully for a number of trips. If it worked it...

In GEAR » Steripen Adventurer or Sawyer Squeeze
November 17, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.