Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 8283 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...829

Forum » Thread

Re: Make that 11 pounds
My gear is always the same except if the weather is good I may leave the tent behind and if it's really cold I'll take my down vest instead of synthetic

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 09, 9:24am

Re: Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
Tall tent - like a 60 inch tall pyramid You can sit there while it's raining and get your business done - fiddle with stuff, cook food Enough area for sleeping bag, gear, cooking Larg...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 09, 9:00am

Re: Re: Svea 123 vs. Canister Stoves
The Svea 123 jet gets clogged with soot, although the included cleaning tool should fix that if you haven't lost it. I remember camping in the snow on Mt Rainier and I couldn't get the s...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 09, 8:43am

Re: Re: Fleece and windshirt
I wear fleece a lot but not when I'm backpacking. The warmth for the weight isn't good. For the same weight, I can get a much warmer synthetic or down. But, that assumes that while hik...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 08, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Waterlogged
They had me drink Gatorade the night before colonoscopy I do not like Gatorade

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 08, 6:16pm

Re: The Re-Education of Max Dilthey
+1 Craig I hope Max comes up with some clever response

April 08, 6:10pm

Re: Portlandhikers.org down right now
back up

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for a Portland or PNW backpacking buddy
April 08, 4:25pm

Re: Re: portlandhikers.org is down?
Ahhh - back up - new server - maybe that will fix problems that were happening on old server

In On the Web » portlandhikers.org is down?
April 08, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Every time you tease Max...
At least Max didn't say he worked at REI and would be happy to answer any questions we had

April 08, 3:02pm

Re: Re: RFC: Upright Canister Windscreen Design
Roger and James are skeptics : ) first - do no harm - I observed flame and it's blue and spreads out nicely over bottom of pot - I think I'm getting enough air flow - I've tried a nu...

In Make Your Own Gear » RFC: Upright Canister Windscreen Design
April 08, 9:40am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.