BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 7584 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Jer
"Just the facts everybody except you agrees on." I believe R S and Scott had sympathy for labor. Most people just made humour about Twinkies - which is difficult not to : ) "...

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 17, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Re: No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
So, we can preceed any comment with "Sorry Ken"? Even though we're not sorry? Michael, you're putting all the blame on the union which is "fantasy". Management an...

November 17, 11:22am

Re: This reminds me of a song...
Wizard of Oz reference?

November 17, 10:31am

Re: how to check PM
When you get a PM, it sends it to you as email To enter your email address. click "Change My Profile" I'll send you a PM

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » how to check PM
November 17, 10:30am

Re: Re
"I think the best vbl is a cuben quilt, easy to vent so you don't get wet, also super lightweight." The only bad thing about a VBL sleeping bag is you can't really wear any ins...

In GEAR » VBL questions
November 17, 8:36am

Re: Re: No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
"Does politics have to enter every discussion?" Well, that can be boring to other people, I see your point Politics does enter every subject - if we're privatizing our wild land...

November 17, 8:33am

Re: Howdy All...
welcome back - you are so adventurous - I clicked over but it timed out - maybe I just wasn't patient enough

In Chaff » Howdy All...
November 16, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not anti
The British tried to prevent the Jews from occupying Isreal after WWII Remember the movie "Exodus" There was a boat full of Jews that the British tried to stop, but they got through...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 16, 7:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
What bums me is the media just wants to sensationalize the story. Talk about deep frying twinkies at fairs or the infinite shelf life... The "liberal" media doesn't talk about the...

November 16, 7:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
"Bad advice from union." I think it's more complicated. Heard some stuff on radio but haven't found a good other source so I don't know, but Hostess was taken over by a...

November 16, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.