BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4151 - 4160 of 7356 | Page: 1 ...407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ...736

Forum » Thread

Re: Jerry
"I don't agree with everything Bush did with the economy or the war and I've seen some of his comments about both, and his mistakes, looking back. War Criminals? I don't get the ha...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 11, 8:11am

Re: Re: Re: Jerry, Confession does not equate guilt
"Uh I think we had a vote in Congress authorizing this" No, congress and the U.N. authorized military action if Saddam refused inspection to find weapons of mass destruction and some o...

October 11, 7:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Liberal media
Ha ha ha Micheal In the wiki article about media bias, they included "pro government and power bias", "infotainment", "oversimplification", "liberal bias"...

October 10, 11:55pm

Re: Handling down
You need good scale to measure - 0.01 oz or 0.1 g resolution. Probably 0.1 oz or 1 g would work. Turn off fans. Breath very slowly. Move your hands slowly. Measure down in a container. Gr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Handling down
October 10, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics
Yeah - I think plastic is excellent for prototyping before making it in silnylon or cuben

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG- ultralight 3 mil drop-cloth tarp! PICS!
October 10, 9:24pm

Re: Jerry, Confession does not equate guilt
I think that after 9/11 we're justified in taking Bin Laden into custody, because he publically took credit and there was other evidence so he's just not saying crazy things. Maybe he was ...

October 10, 9:23pm

Re: overstuffing down
I quickly looked at some of your calculations and I think they're right on. Theoretically, un-definitively, if you overstuffed 20% rather than your 35% to 40% you'de have more warmth per...

In GEAR » Smaller sleeping bag with 100% overfill: I am confused
October 10, 7:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting - Wrong address - @ Mike, not Doug
After a day of hiking in the wilderness, looking out over lakes or mountains, that is about the best drink I can think of...

October 10, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Pics
Oh, on the edges, okay, nevermind, that might help...

October 10, 7:21pm

Re: Re: Pics
How would you do a catenary with plastic?

October 10, 7:20pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.