BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4141 - 4150 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
Just remember: In the public education system, it is the buildings and grounds that make up the physical institution, and it is the faculty that makes up the mental institution. ------------------...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 15, 1:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Tom said, Large corporations, one of which produced your SUV, exist because individuals cannot produce on their own what corporations produce. Unfortunately, with size also comes influence and p...

November 15, 12:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Doug, People vote with their dollars. The majority of the public does not vote for the current line-up of high mileage cars. The hybrids are expensive, and do not necessarily fit the transpo...

November 15, 12:27am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
Craig, No disrespect meant towards you as I stated that, "I know you take pride in your profession and try to make a difference in the lives of your students." And I definitely do not ...

November 14, 11:40pm

Re: JTR
Not too long to walk, but running would be more like work to me:)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree Run???
November 14, 11:29pm

Re: Joshua Tree Run???
Craig, I think the actual mileage from Black Rock Canyon Campground to the backcountry board near the north entrance is around 33 miles; but I have heard it is 37. I have yo-yo'd this tr...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree Run???
November 14, 10:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
"And we demand that they be nearly pollution free and demand they obtain an average of 35.5 MPG (see Obama's 2016 CAFE unified standards)." It puzzles me that you would object to t...

November 14, 9:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
...and you dodged some pretty specific questions about teachers/public employees :) --------------------------------------------------------- A couple interesting website reports: Majority o...

November 14, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Producers vs. the Rest of Us?
...and you dodged some pretty specific questions about teachers/public employees :) Are you proud of the quality of high school graduates in the state you work in? I know you take pride in your ...

November 14, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
but I'm afraid that the belief that business will always do right by the consumer to stay in business or grow the business, or that the consumer will always stay away from businesses that do wr...

November 14, 8:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am