Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4141 - 4150 of 5308 | Page: 1 ...406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ...531

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cuben shelter. only 6 oz.
Chris, Ron uses black reinforcement at the top... And I don't see door tie-outs. Otherwise, "Imitation is the best form of flattery". But, being shorter, I wonder why it isn'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben shelter. only 6 oz.
November 15, 7:32am

Re: Fosters Can
Michael, They roll-form a lip into the can at that location to provide the support interface to the Cone. I think (WAG) that discontinuity concentrated the stess from the flexing. The can what...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Keg-Foster's: I broke mine
November 14, 2:40pm

Re: Recommendations for winter shoe options for canoeing
Check out the Neos Overshoe line.

In GEAR » Recommendations for winter shoe options for canoeing
November 14, 2:05pm

Re: Medical Insurance
"Within the US, if you get injured, regular medical insurance will cover your medical costs (if you have medical insurance), plus ambulance/air ambulance etc, subject to your deductibles and o...

In Winter Hiking » N.H. Bills Lost Hikers $25K
November 14, 1:59pm

Re: alcohol burner fuel
Mika, Where are you finding 95% ethanol? Thanks.

In GEAR » alcohol burner fuel
November 14, 9:23am

About Colorado's COSAR Fund
Posted above: "….hunters in Colorado pay a $.25 to $.75 fee on hunting tags which goes to a SAR fund and implies coverage during you hunts. I don't think this is wholely unreasonable ...

In Winter Hiking » N.H. Bills Lost Hikers $25K
November 14, 9:11am

Re: Insul-Bright material
Richard, Thank you again for the reality of "use as designed or nothing much is gained" caveat. Much as I dislike losing some magic material to radiation physics, I much pref that to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insul-Bright material
November 13, 6:48pm

Caldera Cone Keg-Foster's: I broke mine
I have about 40 days on a Caldera Cone Keg-F – the Fosters can version, and have developed holes at the support ring. I finally noticed them when cooking over fine dry sand, and saw the wet spot...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Keg-Foster's: I broke mine
November 13, 6:16pm

Re: Insul-Bright material
Richard, "...could achieve up to a ~R 7.6 value (2F LLimit or Comfort temp). In order to approach this R value you would need to suspend the Insul-Bright layer so that it is uniformly about 3...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insul-Bright material
November 13, 9:13am

Re: Default post title when replying
When I click on the Reply button I get a SubjectBox that is filled in, complete with the RE: This is a screen shot after I clicked on the Reply button: I added nothing to it -- . What ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Default post title when replying
November 12, 1:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm