BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4141 - 4150 of 4980 | Page: 1 ...406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ...498

Forum » Thread

Re: How to make a triple-stitch ?
Nick, What are you making? What is the fabric? Coated or uncoated? Single stitching is fine for a lot of situations. The phrase "triple stitching" is ambiguous, and two lines of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a triple-stitch ?
June 16, 9:44am

Re: Re: MYOG AGG pot handle (very easy)
"I’m just wondering how you keep the boiling water balanced when the pot is lifted?" Gravity?

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 16, 9:09am

Re: Salomon XA Comp 4
I've have a year+ old pair of XA Comp GTXs that I love, have used and abused, and are now falling apart. So I ordered a pair of the XA Ultras - and sent them back. Then I went to a local reta...

In GEAR » Salomon XA Comp 4
June 16, 8:12am

Re: pain
Jack, I don't know your details but - been there done that, Class 3 separation etc - and after removing a bit of my collarbone to alleviate the grinding and scrapping (impingement) I was back ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain
June 15, 8:17am

Re: Another Half Dome death - Saturday, June 13, 2009
"Better ten minutes late in this life, than 40 years early in the next..." I like that. It lends a good bit of perspective. A wise man, your Dad.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another Half Dome death - Saturday, June 13, 2009
June 15, 8:01am

Re: pain
How much weight? What pack? Big guy, Narrow pack? Poorly fitting pack? Poorly placed pack straps? Sternum strap to tight? Where is the pain? Under your ears? Near the spine? High or Low? ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain
June 15, 7:33am

Re: sandals
A "New out of the box plastic" smell? Or a "After five days of continuous use" smell? If it is the latter, Sandal Funk is a pretty common issue that has a number of solution...

In GEAR » sandals
June 15, 7:27am

Re: highway riding
Dean, >Also, you obviously don't think you need a rear suspension >for road biking, and can get away without it for >occasional off-road forays, thus I'm thinking hard-tail....

In Other Activities » Highway Biking
June 11, 7:31am

Re: highway riding
Dan, Not knowing much about your goals - racing, touring, commuting, fitness - I suggest looking at bikes that can accept beefy tires. You can always run 700x19 if you want. Most road bikes acc...

In Other Activities » Highway Biking
June 10, 8:20pm

Re: Where can I get Ziploc in long lengths?
Rog, Do you want a 100 cm 'zipper' or a 100 cm long bag with a 10 cm zipper?

In Make Your Own Gear » Wherecan I get Ziploc in long lengths?
June 10, 9:27am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm