Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 4141 - 4150 of 5637 | Page: 1 ...406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ...564

Forum » Thread

29 Mile Bushwack and Beach Walk
Joseph, Rock, more rock, and more wet rock, sounds brutal. I particularly like your comment of "We were still not certain of our location even with the light of day." Been there, ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 29 Mile Bushwhack and Beach Walk in Southeast Alaska
March 26, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: weights
..and I'll bet Bender can put together a 6" air matt for under 12 ounces.

In GEAR » Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent
March 26, 1:47pm

Re: Fuel bottles
Ben, Yes, for the "Straw". I tried to find a tube for the standard flip-tops but never got anything solid. I use a Caldera Cone. This eliminates the need to measure, as recovery is s...

In GEAR » Alcohol fuel bottles - show me yours!
March 26, 12:24pm

Re: Re: Fuel bottles
Ben, The Packa-Feather fuel bottle tops are threaded for soda bottles. To use them on some bottles a o-ring is needed to assure a seal.

In GEAR » Alcohol fuel bottles - show me yours!
March 26, 11:47am

Re: Re: Busting the Crust.
Washes, slickrock, and rock-to-rock hopping, in that order. Sometimes I backtrack and try another route. If I can, I brush my tracks where they leave a route, just to keep others from getting...

In Philosophy & Technique » Busting the Crust.
March 25, 12:55pm

Re: Backpack Capacity
"We want to fit all of that gear, plus a little more winter gear (rain coats and probably a few other things) and food and water for long trips." Benen, Another way to look at the dec...

In GEAR » Backpack Capacity
March 25, 11:03am

Re: pack capacity
65L for you 50L for her. In the summer you'll have extra room, making packing less of a seam-busting exercise, and your winter stuff will fit. As you learn about gear you can always downsiz...

March 25, 10:20am

Re: Backpack Capacity
Benen, Go find a couple of boxes that you can tape together giving you a result that is close to the dimensions of a pack. For instance two wine boxes will give you 9x12x26 or 2800 ci or 46L. ...

March 25, 10:06am

Re: NG
Congrats! and Onward... Thanks for posting here! Looking forward to more, if and when you can.. What an amazing journey... National Geographic Blog

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
March 24, 10:51pm

Re: Re: 30:40:30
Here's Calorie King. Enter brand name or item: 'Snickers' or 'chocolate'.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help understanding trail nutrition
March 24, 8:14am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm