BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4131 - 4140 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ...538

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ever heard the barn of seamus
Which roof will intercept more of the rain represented by the thin vertical lines? ------------------------------------------------------------- If the rain is falling vertically, both will cap...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 01, 3:10am

Re: Gang up on Cascade Designs??
Eric, Do you know who you talked to? Was it a customer service rep or a design engineer? Big difference. I am not being combative here. However, if there is a true market for this and it can ...

In GEAR » Gang up on Cascade Designs??
October 29, 12:27am

Re: Re: Re: Weight carried vs, uh, weight carried.
There are really too many variables to make a general statement. However, if a person is overweight, then they are already behind the proverbial 8 ball before they start the hike. Another huge cons...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight carried vs, uh, weight carried.
October 29, 12:15am

Re: Flash 18
I tend to use this one a lot too. I have lighter packs, but they are too big.

In GEAR » Fast and Light Daypack
October 28, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Hiking without cushioning
Brian, Some well thought out comments. Shoes are indeed a personal thing. I suspect that many people wear shoes that are too small. I also think that perhaps we sometimes over think the shoe thi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking without cushioning
October 26, 11:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re but at what price?
Tom, We will never resolve this in Chaff. I guess the bottom line is that I believe that man, on an individual level, is a noble creature; ...and most others buy into William Golding'...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 26, 1:24am

Re: Re: Re: Hiking without cushioning
I agree with Craig 100% on everything he said, to include the 5 fingers. There are two points here... cushioning (soft) and thickness of soles which does not have to be soft. I like racing flats...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking without cushioning
October 25, 11:59pm

Re: List of Big Hiking Trails on Earth?
I have heard that Backpacker magazine has a database of thousands of hikes.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » List of Big Hikes on Earth?
October 25, 10:16am

Re: portable charger
Mike, That solves the problem with devices that do not charge through the USB port. But you would have to bring it along with the nPower PEG for the OP's original question should a person ha...

In GEAR » nPower PEG- energy form motion
October 25, 10:14am

Re: nPower PEG- energy from motion
Deleted: double post.

In GEAR » nPower PEG- energy form motion
October 25, 2:46am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am