BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4131 - 4140 of 5285 | Page: 1 ...405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: The welfare flame war.
Mike, I agree, if you want to look out for vulnerable members go ahead and give them your help. But do not take my money from me by force. I worked hard for that money, and it is mine. It is...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 29, 2:48pm

Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
A quick question: why didn't the producers stop producing between 1940 and 1986 when the top U.S. federal marginal income tax rate ranged between 50% and 92%? This discussion is sounding all to...

September 29, 1:34pm

Re: Re: Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
So what does the constitution say about how to provide health care and education to children that belong to people that are out of work or broke? It doesn't specifically say anything about t...

September 29, 10:26am

Re: Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
An inherent right normally define those rights that apply to our relationships with other people, organizations, government, etc. In the U.S. we have inherent rights as spelled out in the Bill of R...

September 29, 10:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re. The Carbon Flame War
Dave, You get it. Lynn, I do not have time to write a dissertation, but will quickly jot down some quick points to help you see this clearly. The Declaration of Independence sets out th...

September 29, 12:54am

Re: maybe
Ike, I did not weight the demo pack, because it is not made of the same material I will be getting. I think it will weigh under 3lbs in lightweight mode (several options removed), but will still...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
September 28, 5:34pm

Re: "Approaching Barefoot"
Well, in all fairness to the shoe, racing flats are intended for racing on flats. And I agree! Point is, that as we try to get lighter and lighter, we must deal with the point of diminishing ...

In GEAR » Approaching Barefoot
September 28, 12:23am

Re: Re: Re. The Carbon Flame War
They take 30% of all of my earnings. Do I get something for that or is it simply the cost of Freedom? -------------------------------------------------------- They take it by force, without co...

September 27, 11:53pm

Re: Best sloppy weather pants
I usually wear REI Mistral or REI Acme pants in winter, depending on the temperature. Schoeller material. They are water resistant, but not water proof. In sloppy conditions with gaiters.

In GEAR » Best sloppy weather pants?
September 27, 11:32pm

Re: Re: One more question - Guyout lenghts
Keep practicing, you will get it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp Help, I'm begging! Sooo frustrated.
September 27, 7:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am