BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 4121 - 4130 of 4302 | Page: 1 ...404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ...431

Forum » Thread

Re: How do you pack your pack?
I start with my sleeping bag and clothes crammed in the bottom, so that isn't a lot of weight. My heaviest items are water and food. The food is near the top, water on the sides low. So, I gues...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you pack your pack?
December 17, 9:11am

Test, ignore

In User Test Forum » Test, ignore
December 16, 11:44pm

Re: What do you sleep in?
I usually carry bottom long johns and sleep in those, as I cannot stand sleeping in a tight cut mummy with my legs pressed together. In summer, if it is hot, I just sleep in my shorts. Usually I we...

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you sleep in?
December 14, 5:05pm

Re: Collapsable Chopsticks
Methinks I'll ask my friend Marzsit to make me a pair. He is an engineer by trade and loves doing stuff like this.....

In Make Your Own Gear » Collapsable Chopsticks
December 14, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Doug
Sure did, Tar! I had Ford on a harness setup, then went to a tether system. Worked great, it kept him going at a steady pace, and kept him from going over cliffs, rivers, etc. It stopped him once i...

In GEAR » What's Santa Bringing You?
December 14, 9:15am

Re: Finding game trails
If in alpine it is really easy, I just stare for awhile till the trails start popping out. I have had a lot of fun following elk and deer trails. But get me in woods, and while I might see one or t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Finding game trails
December 13, 10:58pm

Re: Re: Doug
Yep, my son Ford is 9, and backpacks with me constantly :-) He has all his own mini-me gear. If I have it, he has it. From trekking poles to MSR snowshoes, he has mini versions. But...someone (Ie.....

December 13, 10:55pm

Doug
You'll love that first trip out with the cutie pie, no matter who is packdonkeying the kiddo ;-) I had my son in a Kelty for a couple years, and our Olympic trips are some of my best memories....

December 13, 10:21pm

Re: Help Pick a Pack for a Traveling Lady
Height doesn't matter, she needs to know her torso size first! Then you can go apicking packs out ;-)

In GEAR » Help Pick a Pack for a Traveling Lady
December 13, 6:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Make Your Own Gear: 5 Yards to SUL, Part 3 - Tarp
Offtopic, but if you have a bank account you can use PayPal. I sell my book out of the country often, and use Paypal for this. It takes about a week for the "virtual" check to clear. Or I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: 5 Yards to SUL, Part 3 - Tarp
December 13, 9:13am

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm