BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 411 - 420 of 587 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...59

Forum » Thread

Franco
No he has a contrail, and therefore does not need a Soulo

In GEAR » Hilleberg Soulo
December 12, 3:39pm

My top 3
1. Inov8 Roclite 390 GTX, most comfortable boots/shoes ever worn 2. MLD Grace Solo Tarp always goes up as tight as a drum. 3. BPL Long Handled Ti Spoon. A close fourth BPL ti pots and wing...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 06, 12:12pm

390 gtx
I have a pair of Inov-8 390 GTX boots which can get warm in temperate conditions, however, once the temperature drops to around 40 F or below then they are fine. I am holding out for the non GTX In...

In GEAR » Winter footwear advice?
November 29, 12:34pm

eVent Bivy
I have experienced similar conditions on the coast in Denmark. I was surprised by the amount of condensation I experienced on my tarp, but I had little to no condensation on my ID eVent bivy. I ...

In GEAR » soggy bivy nights?
November 29, 10:35am

Lateral
Thanks Chris Love you and your wife's blogs still trying to work out all those laterals

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
November 29, 10:24am

What container
Chris What pot and esbit holder do you use

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
November 29, 9:27am

MYO poles
Hi Michael and welcome to BPL, I assume you have read the MYOG thread regarding making your own poles by Jay Ham, if not it can be found here Andrew thanks for the link, but for some MYOG is par...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making your own fixed length trekking poles.
November 24, 11:43am

eVent bivy and Down bag
I use an event bivy and a down bag, without tarp, I have experienced light rain, not severe downpours but to date no problems. Of course getting in and out of a bivy in the rain is the bigger issue...

In GEAR » Waterproof bivvy and down sleeper?!
November 23, 2:56am

Why I use poles
Mike I use poles exactly for the reasons you mention. Specifically down hill, my knees ain't what they used to be and I find the support provided helps to relieve the strain on my knees at t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
November 22, 12:59pm

Pumpkin Pie
Is there a UL recipe for pumpkin pie?

In Chaff » Happy Thanksgiving
November 22, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm