BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 411 - 414 of 414 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

garbage bag or Cuben..
Eric, how often will you use that? i guess if you are like me and the answer is not often and you only want this for protecting your bag on multiday cold/wet trips then getting a full blown VB...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier question
December 10, 1:54pm

maybe...
im not sure about this..but arent there thos super winter balaclavas that have some sort of contraption that catches the humidity coming from your breath (so it doesnt freeze) m

In GEAR » Mouth breathing, balaclavas and fogging up your glasses
December 10, 1:02pm

get a nunatak - u can customize it!
i dont have these excat bags BUT - i do have a custom built 10F Alpinist with longer central zip and cinch cord foot opening like in their Raku model. I love that bag: center zip makes the hood de...

In GEAR » WM Highlite vs. Nunatak Sub-Alpinist
December 10, 12:34pm

re- double bag
indeed - go with the nunatak! using two singles and zipping together has the disadvantage that there is no thermal control (no zips left to play with) which is a big problem -especially since most ...

In GEAR » 2 Person Bag or Sleeping Pad?
January 13, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am