J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 411 - 420 of 599 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Quilting Loops
Royal, You can also only quilt loop the insulation to the bottom liner fabric of your quilt and leave the top fabric unquilted, that way you won't see the loops from the outside and will mai...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Q
March 29, 7:09pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Wool 3 Zips
March 27, 9:00pm

Re: Nice waist pack
Brian, The outer fabric of the main pocket is stretch mesh, so your kit will fit after streamlining no problem. There is also an internal 3x3" or so pocket with a velcro closure sewn in.

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 27, 6:46pm

Re: Essentials Packing Lightweight Beltpack/Hipbelt
This one from Road Runner Sports is 3oz listed but can be made 2oz with some mods. It is very well made and has a contoured fit.

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 27, 11:22am

Re: What do you sleep on?
Everything goes in the bivy, so from ground up: bivy bottom (1.4 silnyl) V V GG Nightlight Torso (upper body) Pack with 1/8" GG Thinlight piece as framesheet (lower legs inside pack...

In GEAR » What do you sleep on?
March 21, 5:16pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Equinox Ultralight Bivi
March 21, 12:49pm

Patagonia Wool 3 Zip $39 at Moosejaw
Free ship over $49, buy 2? Moosejaw Lowdown (it's like Steep and Cheap, only one item per day though) http://www.moosejawlowdown.com/moosejaw/default.asp?s_id=3&

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Wool 3 Zip $39 at Moosejaw
March 20, 11:13pm

Re: RBH VB Sock VS. Serius Stormsock as VB
Thanks Will! Very kind of you to respond. I get cold feet easily even in warmer temps and have found wearing a vb sock helps warm them up and keep them warm longer than a thicker wool sock. I'v...

In GEAR » RBH VB Sock VS. Serius Stormsock as VB
March 20, 9:47am

Re: Backpacking w/ dog?
I vote for cattle dog! Here's a pic of mine this weekend on a two day-er. He hates the flies and bees though and tries to catch them all day. Our pitbull is way tougher than him and can go way ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking w/ dog?
March 19, 7:39pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Jacks R Better Silnyl Compression Stuff Sack
March 19, 3:22pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm