Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 621 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...63

Forum » Thread

samuel c is correct on this
as samuel puts it so nicely in writing, the fake seam, when under tension, allows stretched out holes to elongate so much, you an f'n SEE thru it. i know about this. regardless of it supposed ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What type of seam do tent manufacturers use?
April 08, 8:05pm

proper oil interval
old times it was 3 to 5k, as the oil served to flush out dirt (mostly soot) and particles. 3k is not necessarily a product of jiffy lube marketing, older vehicles (particularly the very popular VW ...

In Chaff » oil change miles?
March 14, 10:45pm

Re: Re: stacking wood in a bushbuddy
stacking ??? drop a couple of p-bar wrappers in there for tinder, and lay the wood on top. there is no need to overthink the situation. shove more wood in while it is running as fast as it will...

In GEAR » stacking wood in a bushbuddy
March 11, 3:20pm

Re: Glue instead of pins?
Bill's clothespins ROCk ! people have been using rubber cement for decades to hold slippery things together while sewing. sometime it gums up (a little bit) the machine, sometimes not. Go...

In Make Your Own Gear » Glue instead of pins?
March 11, 3:17pm

no trees, but still flat.
if the only rules are "no trees" weelllll ... there's an easy way to do that.

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
March 01, 11:54pm

ahhh.. makes more sense
looking at the very last pic ( 7 ? ), and assuming that left =up, then you have actual (if it had any sort of frame) load lifters. all good. there is no obvious reason those extra straps are goi...

In GEAR » Shoulder strap/load lifter question for GoLite Jam/Pinnacle owners. And other people with knowledge of the issue.
March 01, 11:40pm

"load lifter straps"
if those ever-so-poorly-named Load Lifter Straps do not attach to the pack somewhat Above the attachment point of the shoulder straps, then what you have there is a construction of offshore marketi...

In GEAR » Shoulder strap/load lifter question for GoLite Jam/Pinnacle owners. And other people with knowledge of the issue.
March 01, 8:53pm

one more thing on sewing Heavy
thank you Harold. one more thing to add to the group detail inventory. the "day may come" when you do in fact needs something sewed very very very heavy. you can do it by hand with...

In Make Your Own Gear » thick thread problems re backpack 0- tips?
March 01, 2:24pm

bunion stretcher
there is made device known as a Bunion Stretcher, this very useful tool can make a bit of extra room about anywhere you it want in a shoe. it's not a problem. they can be had off ebay and am...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Preventing toe blisters in a specific spot?
March 01, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thread / Needle / Fabric combination consensus?
http://sewing.about.com/od/sewingmachineindex/ig/Sewing-Machine-Needles/Needle-Sizes.--94.htm research was easy as falling off a log. needle knowledge is openly found. right on the net. we mus...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thread / Needle / Fabric combination consensus?
February 29, 2:19pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm