BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 585 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...59

Forum » Thread

this weeks bear spray tip is flawed.
my op. bear spray is best mounted on the upper section of the packstrap, NOT on the packbelt. it wants to be on the side of your major arm (right .. left.. ?), and high enough you can pull the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
December 21, 12:15pm

Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
peter's not really all that UL, but yeah .. bugs. warmer in the morning (a LOT). = earlier starts. great in storms and blasting cold winds. 3 pounds .. no bfd. pack stays under cover and...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 20, 10:28pm

Re: Re: Serging ripstop, seams okay?
"I don't know about serger. Does it cut the fabric off and stitch back and forth over the edge?" yeah, it sure does. if look'n for strong, i'd go with sewing. not sure if...

In Make Your Own Gear » Serging ripstop, seams okay?
December 03, 11:07am

methinks you are expecting Too Much
methinks you are expecting Too Much. it is not a great help with sil-nylons, we know that. you'd think it ought'a help. but it don't. i suspect that since the stuff is so silppery, th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Walking foot. Who's using one and what's your take?
November 27, 11:40am

this how Dana did it ..
dana gleason years ago made things called ribs. the best of them were "wet ribs" which held the water bottle. they work fantastic and trans weight off the rear, to the front, where it bel...

In Make Your Own Gear » Weight transfer to hips in UL frameless packs and water bottles...
November 24, 12:36pm

this is for your WIfe ?
your wife, you say. is she a nice lady ? do you like her ? is not the bay area full of ridiculously steep hills ? if i had a wife, and i didn't want her splattered into the side of a lexus/s...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Building bike for touring and commuting: road, cantilever or disc brakes?
November 21, 6:45am

start a section hike
you can get better (marginally) views than the CT by doing that same stretch and using the routing of the CDT. THEN you can say that you are doing a section hike of the CDT, which i opine rates bet...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How would you spend a month in Colorado?
November 18, 6:54pm

easily the best
eric's lead to the video is easily the most valuable bit of information i have gotten off bpl this year. Much great stuff in that thing about success or failure, and just how to go about that....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » video: 400 mile race at -40 below ...
November 18, 7:11am

it's based on something
i suspect the group here is missing an important point of better management .. that although the nekked sleeping warmer "myth" might be a travesty of theory, it keeps coming back as &quo...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 2:13pm

Re: Shameless plug, yeah, but an awesome video !
... just loved this thing. great info, and of course, that proper attitude that is needed to bring success. notice also, that as hard as he tries (and tries.. ) (and tries even some frik'n mor...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm