BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 577 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...58

Forum » Thread

it's based on something
i suspect the group here is missing an important point of better management .. that although the nekked sleeping warmer "myth" might be a travesty of theory, it keeps coming back as &quo...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 2:13pm

Re: Shameless plug, yeah, but an awesome video !
... just loved this thing. great info, and of course, that proper attitude that is needed to bring success. notice also, that as hard as he tries (and tries.. ) (and tries even some frik'n mor...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 12:04pm

see, Andrew has it right ..
" Backpackers need to get over this idea that you can be immune from your environment -- when it's wet, you should expect to get wet, because you will. It's much more fruitful to focus...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies – Part 2: Are There Detectable Differences Under Real World Backpacking Conditions?
October 26, 12:21pm

unna tent
had one. is extremely spacious, and it is rather heavy for one person. it's big though, as if you had a dog, it would be ideal.. the poles are EXTREMELY long. sold it and went to an akto. have ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Soulo\Unna Alternatives
October 16, 10:44am

tundra bear bag hang
" I think sleeping with food is often more likely to prevent conflicts than hanging it. " yup. quite correct. .. and it takes some huevos too.. so: ... peter splits the differenc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear-bagging above treeline
October 10, 2:01pm

it's gonna hurt ...
peter's looking at that boot list, and i am a VERY boot centric kind of guy. but HOLY MOLLY ! that's some collection of extremely stiff'ish boots dear. you won't be able to actual...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Advice on Women's Mountaineering Boots
September 19, 4:47pm

yeah ,, nice.
i ripped this url for it . great video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1iJvk6tKs4 ya, all the good stuff. nailed it down prior to pole insertion. etc. and see how if you can just only get ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Akto in the Wind (Extreme)
September 19, 10:42am

the gloves are great
is this the same stuff manzella makes gloves out of ? because they work fantastic. for however as thick as they are, and it's not much, they support an astonishingly high temperature differenti...

In GEAR » Gore Windstopper- breathability
September 11, 10:30am

roger is correct. you have to get it up first.
in my x the issue is not if the tent can take the hits, it is if you can erect the thing without breaking it. my hoop tents cold be set head-end into the blast, and then you nail down the front sta...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 05, 8:35am

bending the zipper.
greetings ; when you go to bend your zipper and install it, you gonna have a sit where there is not a whole lot of material to turn back to keep it from fraying. do as ken says and get that zippe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Curved Zipper Question
September 04, 9:27pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm