Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 604 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...61

Forum » Thread

solostove is a crook. crush ALL of them.
here's the whois info on the sorry puke that stole fritz's work. if every time you see the pos solostoves, you step on it, they will go away. is best if in a store. is very simple. just ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy vs solostove
February 28, 11:51am

Re: Cleaning corrosion from inside Leki poles
the worlds greatest supply company of McMaster Carr sells tubing brushes. you'll need a commercial account to use MC. http://www.mcmaster.com/#tube-hand-brushes/=gf8e8e cheers v.

In GEAR » Cleaning corrosion from inside Leki poles
February 26, 5:57pm

Re: Best way to fix mesh?
depending on the magnitude of the dmg, you might go to Joann's fabrics and find the lighter of their iron-on repair fabric. set your iron near / just under 300°F. let it stabilize at that t...

In GEAR » Best way to fix mesh?
February 26, 5:51pm

Re: Marmot Mtn Works in Berkeley sale and closing
i remember the front door... "push, for best results" or such like that. ----- i also recall that one time there was a hippie bus parked in the marmot lot, and some love child was...

In Gear Deals » Marmot Mtn Works in Berkeley sale and closing
February 24, 8:12pm

what can tools fix ?
they make a very sweet knife with a serrated blade ( a good thing), a scissors, pliers, and both screwdrivers, that come in at 4.1oz i have one of these and it is a treat. big enough to clean a re...

In GEAR » Multi Tool questions? Lighten my load
February 23, 1:45pm

excellent article.
Nice Work. and finally, a article without that sappy pc condescending lack of opinion so noxiously prevalent of late. (vacco ran out of commas earlier in the day ... all he had left was those hard...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 10:36am

nice... umm ..picture
a pair of thoughts come to mind.... 1. - maybe this is the opening month shot for the new "UL People of WalMart" calendar. 2. - maybe this is how UL'rs look to rednecks .... i&#...

In GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon!
February 20, 1:40pm

Re: First MYOG Bivy...
jesse : i have no idea if you've actually installed the sticky back velcro as yet, but, if possible, it is a good idea to pre-test a bit of that stuff first, as it's sticky glue can sometim...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Bivy...
February 20, 12:46pm

Re: Packrafting Speeds
it is just as those good people say. flatwater speed is all about wind, and a bit of current. the paddled hull speed of an alpacka is generally null. you can read all about this virtual lack of fo...

In Packrafting » Packrafting Speeds
February 20, 10:09am

Re:tarp with permethrin
p-rin will eventually kill any mosquito that lands on the treated section of the tarp. it will not repel them in any measurable way. just exactly WHY, one is going into an an area rife with insec...

In GEAR » Would treating my tarp with permethrin help with mosquitos?
February 20, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm