BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 595 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re:tarp with permethrin
p-rin will eventually kill any mosquito that lands on the treated section of the tarp. it will not repel them in any measurable way. just exactly WHY, one is going into an an area rife with insec...

In GEAR » Would treating my tarp with permethrin help with mosquitos?
February 20, 9:25am

Re: Re: boots
peter knows more about boots, and destroying your feet, as well as multiple thousands of dollars worth of trips being ruined, and loss of totally irreplaceable time, than almost anybody. you can u...

In Philmont » A couple questions on Phlmont (tents, gaiters, boots).
February 14, 2:14pm

the handles come off
this is almost embarrassing ... titi handles actually will come off if you want them to. use your dremel tool with the narrow slicing wheels to grind away the spot welds. if thee dost not own a...

In GEAR » Handleless Titanium Pots
February 10, 2:04pm

this is FUn !
to hang my camera on the front, we deconstructed an old Dana Gleason rib and made pockets for inside it. works nicely.

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a camera bag, what do you think
February 01, 11:24am

is still a "failure"
i can be wrong on this .. but, in the world of Root cause Analysis, a bent pole has indeed "failed" (as would be an alternator belt that has cracks), whereas a broken pole is a catastrop...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 01, 11:14am

snowshoes like bicycle seats
you borrow a bicycle, because you do not ride all the time anyway, then you go out cold and put 30 miles on it .. and .. your butt is gonn'a HURT. (we know this ! ) snowshoes are like that....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snowshoe side-to-side knee torque
January 29, 2:24pm

Re: "Chains" (Ski Crampons) for my Altai Skis
this be peter's op only : me being faced with wanting a form of "ski crampon" , i suspect i'd fab something that went over the TOP of the ski, and then the points extend downwa...

In Make Your Own Gear » "Chains" (Ski Crampons) for my Altai Skis
January 29, 2:12pm

Re: Whats a good stitch pattern for my machine?
hi : stitch 00 (which we think is a normal default straight stitch) for nearly everything. do exactly as bob advised, you will want perhaps to zig zag (rather narrow) over the harder hit areas. use...

In Make Your Own Gear » Whats a good stitch pattern for my machine?
January 25, 4:08pm

Re: safest thickness of ice?
yanked from a guide book written, but never published, on how to walk across alaska. i might add, this info has worked 100% correctly. your mileage may vary. if things look edgy, is easy enough t...

In Chaff » safest thickness of ice?
January 13, 3:13pm

Leki Tips are not glued on
the tips are not glued on. at least several sets of mine were not. it's just held on a taper. you need to heat them for some time, as the nylon material transfers heat very slowly. they will ...

In GEAR » Cannot remove the Leki Carbide tips from my GG Poles
January 13, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm