BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 572 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...58

Forum » Thread

it's gonna hurt ...
peter's looking at that boot list, and i am a VERY boot centric kind of guy. but HOLY MOLLY ! that's some collection of extremely stiff'ish boots dear. you won't be able to actual...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Advice on Women's Mountaineering Boots
September 19, 4:47pm

yeah ,, nice.
i ripped this url for it . great video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1iJvk6tKs4 ya, all the good stuff. nailed it down prior to pole insertion. etc. and see how if you can just only get ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Akto in the Wind (Extreme)
September 19, 10:42am

the gloves are great
is this the same stuff manzella makes gloves out of ? because they work fantastic. for however as thick as they are, and it's not much, they support an astonishingly high temperature differenti...

In GEAR » Gore Windstopper- breathability
September 11, 10:30am

roger is correct. you have to get it up first.
in my x the issue is not if the tent can take the hits, it is if you can erect the thing without breaking it. my hoop tents cold be set head-end into the blast, and then you nail down the front sta...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 05, 8:35am

bending the zipper.
greetings ; when you go to bend your zipper and install it, you gonna have a sit where there is not a whole lot of material to turn back to keep it from fraying. do as ken says and get that zippe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Curved Zipper Question
September 04, 9:27pm

i keep two .. next to my bed.
so, at 1 pound 11+oz for the either of them with sheath (you'll want that) , i have two of these things for LNT clearing the mumford bar north trail (it's a glorious and obscure thing .. be...

In GEAR » Machetes for bushwacking.
August 27, 11:25am

get rid of the boots !
yes, probably toss the boots if they hit your toes (and this from peter, the Boot Guy ! ) there is no need for them to "hit" your toes to make the nails fall off. a steady light touch ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe Injuries
August 23, 7:36am

Please Order Your Headnets Soon
Greetings ; peter deeply thanks the all of you for a successful launch of Peter’sHeadNets.com, as well as the kind words and advise. true enough ... there’s still no website, however we...

In Gear Swap » Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
August 22, 6:07pm

oohhhh ... Anna !
oh dear .. $8.95 bookmark that spot ! yes !! here you can see our world beating invention, easily equaling those of edison or marconi. .. right ... (moving on now) that is your std HDPE (...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Persistent blister on heal
August 17, 3:33pm

wow.. a real boot weighs a LOT
this is what i am looking at here this morning. all size 11 wide Kenetrek (really asolo sasalong's rebranded) = 33.1 oz EACH meindle tetonn 2 = 33 oz each meindle Perfects (the best of th...

In GEAR » How heavy is a heavy boot?
August 17, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm