Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco ( - BPL Guest

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 632 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...64

Forum » Thread

yes. lots of ticks.
there are ticks aplenty in the Mt Diablo Mt area. i have right now a granulating wound from where my buddy dug one out of my upper back 5 years ago. that's a long time to have a hole keep erupt...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking The Diablo Trail: A Conservation Success Story
September 06, 10:30pm

Re: What killed this hawk?
Probably George Bush. i've found that with problems, it's usually George Bush. if it's bad, and there is no doubt a rational answer for it. we've had a good bit of success blami...

In Chaff » What killed this hawk?
September 06, 9:43pm

my spot works great.
peter has a spot 2 and it functions exactly as advertised. uses AAA batteries too, just like my garmin GPS. what more could a fellow ask for ? except the 100 bucks a year service charge is kind ...

In GEAR » SPOT or PLB rental?
August 25, 8:43pm

packraft paddles.
dan is quite correct. you can use blades as a pair of paddles. the good : - it brings less water into the boat. - ii is faster for a little ways. - it might weigh less - you can do spins l...

In Packrafting » canoe paddle
August 23, 2:46pm

did you include the stakes ?
if you included stakes, stuff sack, and guide lines, i think you're going to get a high reading. now.. i know .. it needs stakes, stuff sack, and some guide lines, for setup, but i suspect the...

In GEAR » Actual Hilleberg Soulo Packed Weight
August 15, 9:53pm

Pacer Pole handle bending .. NOT
no worries. the Ergo Grip Pacer Pole grip is not going to structurally fail. they are extremely tough. the upper shaft is not bent, it extends straight into the grip for a considerable engagement ...

In GEAR » ergo or straight handled trekking poles
August 08, 3:50pm

to run or not ?
in any BPL theoritical ideal perfect situation the rain will be falling directly straight down. and of course the wind will be neutral direction or zero. so now that we have established conditions ...

In Philosophy & Technique » To stay as dry as possible, should you walk or run through the rain?
July 27, 10:31am

the bar in east glacier
Beautiful Pictures, and it really is at least that pretty. ... triple divide pass immensely. it's so totally fantastic, i camped up there on a north facing slope to the east of it. note to...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
July 25, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suck is mental.
i hurt , therefore i am.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pain and misery?
July 18, 10:35am

take a Scout to Finland
concerning the yukon raft ... the correct, best made, and absolute safest brand of lightweight raft without a doubt .. however, the alpacka scout will support nearly any amount of weight, includin...

In Packrafting » Packraft for the Baltics?
July 18, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm