BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 411 - 420 of 557 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...56

Forum » Thread

more blister information needed
inquiring minds need to know, on the ball blisters, how thick are the callouses ? one side or both. have you tried that hydropel for the between the toes issues ? it works wonders on that sort of...

In Philosophy & Technique » For Blisters: Moleskin vs. Leukotape vs. Blistoban?
August 07, 1:17pm

Pricing is out and Hilleberg is drunk: Not
no, they are not. not at all. in the last 6 months your dollar has lost 22.9% of it's value. when i initially set the opening price headnets in early july at 1/100 an ounce of gold, they w...

In GEAR » New 2012 Hilleberg models
August 07, 1:12pm

hey .. go with Chris on this one.
i personally, might go with Mr Townsend on this one. my fiasco was some time ago, and going into it i did not like concept of the wax in nikWAX. if it goes well for Chris, run with it. peter v.

In GEAR » Best way to revive DWR?
August 06, 9:34am

not so hot on NikWax
so: i tried that nikwax stuff a few years ago, and all it did was make my kit feel waxy and damp. the fabric never after that really dried out properly. thusly, i am not a huge fan of the nikWAX w...

In GEAR » Best way to revive DWR?
August 01, 2:51pm

about poles.. babble.
real quick here ... if on an uphill, the poles tends to flare outwards when you are getting tired, they are too long. don't shove all five fingers thru the wrist strap, leave out the thumb....

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking pole antishock
July 26, 7:56am

oops .. forgot the pics.
newbie picture put'r inner. first try. hoping .... well, it says that one is there.. i'll try again.

In Gear Swap » Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
July 25, 8:52am

What Happened to the HeadNets ?
Good Morning : All is well. our HeadNets are coming along swimmingly. like any other cottage industry fellow, peter has been grinding away on his signature product for ridiculous hours a day. we...

July 25, 8:48am

let us look at ourselves here ...
"..but why do western scientists always do that? Make a claim about "all.." ---- what did i miss here ... ? Miguel... did you not just commit the very same thing ?? ----

In Philosophy & Technique » Why Kenyan Women Can School Soldiers and Backpackers
July 24, 8:50am

you have to spend it anyway ...
peter goes with a short sleeve merino top with collar from Minus-33 layered under a nylon or polycotton long sleeve shirt. this is the lightest combination that i have found that will run cool enou...

In GEAR » Need a Light Weight Long Sleeve
July 17, 8:45am

Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
greetings lured by the consistent backorder situation, peter v. has initiated production of the mosquito headnets he is so irrationally fond of. shipping will start soon enough. PetersHeadNets...

July 14, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm