Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 411 - 420 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: headlamp/lantern
That reminds me, I need to add backup batteries to my gear list. I once hiked a well marked trail at night with just the turquoise light. I worked quite well. Following colored blazes might be an i...

In GEAR » headlamp/lantern
June 08, 10:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: patronizing?
Sunny, thanks for your response. You are obviously very good at reading social situations and I think your reaction was commendable. I asked my question because I assumed age might have played a ro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 08, 10:09am

Re: patronizing?
Protective is far too positive for what he did. Patronizing is close. It definitely conveys the "I know better" mentality. I'm looking for that and "I am older and therefore know better". Wisdom do...

June 07, 2:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Hiking alone--a female perspective
Sunny, I have a question. Before I ask, I want to state that what the guy did was wrong, period. I don't want my question to be construed as condoning his behavior in any way. So here goes... Do yo...

June 07, 1:52pm

Re: headlamp/lantern
I carry 3 Photon Freedoms. One white, one red and one turquoise ("Night-Vision Green"). I usually use the red one. When seeing color matters I use the white. When I need a lot of white light I can...

In GEAR » headlamp/lantern
June 07, 1:16pm

Re: 20 hit limit searching forums #@?!!!
Do a google search like this "PowerMax site:www.backpackinglight.com"

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » 20 hit limit searching forums #@?!!!
June 05, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Materials Sourcing
Eric, if you do order more than you need, and no obscure and expensive tools are needed, let me know. I'd be happy to share a order, If you are open to the idea. I also plan on making a poncho/tarp...

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials Sourcing
June 05, 4:01pm

Re: orthotics
I use custom orthotics. I first got them when I was a teenager. I grew so fast one year that my arches fell and caused a lot of pain. My doctor sent me to a Podiatrist who analyzed my gait and made...

In GEAR » orthotics
June 02, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
I have the Versalite Super and have been very happy with it's fit and finish. I haven't yet had the opportunity to test it's rating, however. I originally bought my Versalite as a "do it all" bag b...

In GEAR » Cold weather sleeping bag advice sought
May 27, 6:40pm

Re: Re: half-ounce heavier
What Peter said, and I would be carrying the wind shirt in both cases.

In GEAR » Gatewood cape/mosquitos
May 24, 5:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm