BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 411 - 420 of 432 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

answers for Dan
Okay, here are the answers to Dan's questions. First, I'd suggest reading the article about the SBS on OM; use the link provided by the OP; it explains the rationale and development of t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Squeezbox Stove
June 15, 11:47am

later...
Dan, I'll reply on Monday; being thrown out of the building now...

June 12, 11:50am

Adding a 3rd section
> Could a 3rd section be added to create the space needed under the pot for the fire? The upper section relies on the double-folded lower section to support it, and, since the upper section i...

June 12, 11:40am

Ti SqueezeBox
No, but I'm tempted by the TiGoat foil to make a more robust SBS for a meths burner. I don't think many people have even tried the Al foil SBS; I've sent out a few templates, but onl...

June 12, 10:44am

Alpkit coLAB09 winner...
I forgot to say, my SqueezeBox Stove won Alpkit's coLAB09 design competition earlier this year. Alpkit announcement OutdoorsMagic news Before you ask, no, this doesn't mean that it&#...

June 12, 7:53am

ps
...after years of online posting as 'captain paranoia', it feels kinda weird to be referred to by my real name...

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflatable quilt
June 05, 11:26am

fragility...
> The fleece is quite fragile, which is why I'm interested in Kevin's 25gsm foam with plastic membrane That's also pretty fragile... I deliberately didn't finish the 'pol...

June 05, 11:25am

jiffy foam weights
I measured the stuff last night. The 3mm thick sheet (that I use as a sit/casualty mat) weighs 73gsm (vs 156gsm I suggested yesterday; as I suspected, that must have been a guess). The plasma s...

June 05, 7:17am

Tate & Lyle
> Here's one I made from a Tate and Lyle syrup tin and an ordinary size bean can. I think the only appropriate response for that is the US vernacular: Sweet!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
June 04, 12:54pm

Ti foil
> I have some 0.005" foil now to play with. The Titanium Goat stuff? What's it like to work with (cutting, folding, punching, etc)? Been considering some of that for the SqueezeB...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
June 04, 12:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.