BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 411 - 420 of 424 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

Tate & Lyle
> Here's one I made from a Tate and Lyle syrup tin and an ordinary size bean can. I think the only appropriate response for that is the US vernacular: Sweet!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
June 04, 12:54pm

Ti foil
> I have some 0.005" foil now to play with. The Titanium Goat stuff? What's it like to work with (cutting, folding, punching, etc)? Been considering some of that for the SqueezeB...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
June 04, 12:50pm

jiffy foam weight
My kitlist notes say a 185x52cm piece of the 3mm thick sheet weighs 150g. I'm not sure whether this is measured or estimated... the round number makes me suspect it's estimated. I'l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflatable quilt
June 04, 12:41pm

an example heat sealer
For future reference, perhaps: Portable Heat Sealer, £1.82 Can't vouch for its efficacy, mind... Google did the job.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat sealing very thin polythene
June 03, 1:00pm

Jiffy Foam
Roger, Expanded polythene is a kind of bubble wrap, but it's not made using a regular array of bubbles formed by welding of two layers of polythene; it's a sheet formed from a random mat...

June 03, 6:49am

heat sealer
I recall seeing a battery-powered bag sealer in my local 99p Store. It had a heated element, and you ran the bag through this element. It's quite a common technique; the element is usually a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat sealing very thin polythene
June 03, 5:45am

expanded polythene
I've been using expanded polythene sheet for years (NOT polystyrene), as a sit mat, groundsheet protector, etc. It seems to be a remarkably good insulator, because of all the sealed pockets ...

May 30, 7:56am

editing trouble...
Hmm... I need to get the hang of BPL's post entry system... I'll try to add links to the OM thread and Caldera Clone & Caddy gallery

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera clone
May 30, 7:23am

air-filled quilts
Going by my experience of simple inflatable mattresses used as sleeping mats (and how cold they are), I suspect that you'll get too much convection within an inflatable quilt, so it won't i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
May 29, 7:22am

clone generator
Denis, send me an email address and I'll send you a copy of the latest code; the code in the OM thread is ancient, and not really worth bothering with. I have 'ready-made' versions (...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera clone
May 29, 6:52am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.