BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 411 - 420 of 558 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...56

Forum » Thread

Age for Backpacking & Hiking
I started my twin girls on dayhikes when they were two - pre-potty training. All they carried was their "Skeeter" Camelbak with about 1/2 liter of water. I was grateful that they were in ...

In Chaff » How young is too young for backpacking?
February 04, 10:26pm

Gram Weenie App
I know what you mean...I thought about doing this app myself only to find that you cannot (at least when I looked) develop iPhone apps on anything but a Mac platform. I had a friend offer me a Mac...

In GEAR » iPhone Gear List App
February 04, 11:20am

iPhone Gear List App
A couple of weeks ago one of our members, Nick Warner, posted that he had developed an app for the iPhone called Gram Weenie to calculate your pack weights - base, consumables, worn/carried, and FS...

In GEAR » iPhone Gear List App
February 04, 7:49am

5 Day Trips in PA
One option would be the Mid-State Trail that runs North-South through the center of Pennsylvania. Google it and you'll find lots of information. It would be a shuttle hike but there are servi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 5 day Trips in the NE???
January 21, 8:30am

Gatewood Cape Headroom
The other thing that can help give a little more precious headroom is to use the extra tieout and a trekking pole...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape
January 12, 9:06pm

Gatewood Cape Without a Bivy
Hey - I'm a 6-footer who's used the Gatewood Cape in the rain without a bivy. Basically I pitch it pretty high if I'm not expecting blowing rain. If it looks like I'll have blowin...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape
January 12, 12:02pm

Camp Chef Outdoor Oven
My backpack of choice is a GG Murmur but I will admit to owning the Camp Chef Outdoor Oven (complete with case, LP adapter, and 25 LB LP tank). It's obviously not for backpacking, but it works...

In Gear Deals » Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap!
January 11, 11:34am

UL Cup/Mug
The single-walled Ti mug with lid (sold separately) at REI weighs 2.54 ounces on my scale. I cut up the last three inches of one of my GG 1/8" Thinlight pads to make a cozy for it because th...

In Gear Swap » WTB: UL Titanium Cup/Mug
December 28, 6:39am

Cabela's Down Pants
Come on Brent...You know better than to post something like that without the weight. Can you let us know how much they weigh? They certainly are inexpensive and look like they'd be the perf...

In GEAR » Best Price on Down Pants
December 13, 7:13pm

PLB and Snake Bites
Nothing in these forums is ever so simple... - Hiking alone or with a group? - Miles from the nearest road or next to one? - Bushwacking or along a super trailway (i.e. the AT)? -...

In Philosophy & Technique » ACR PLB and snake bites
November 15, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am