BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 411 - 420 of 653 | Page: 1 ...33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: All very well, but ...
Roger, The difference between the Canon SD880is and Sony NEX is night and day, regardless of what one does with their photos. The thread topic is "Sony NEX Lens Impressions" after all.

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
October 26, 9:38pm

Re: Focus Peaking
I agree, this is a pretty neat feature. Between peaking and the MF assist magnifier it's hard to go wrong. Really bright sunlight made things a little more difficult for me on my first trip out...

October 26, 10:13am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
WOOOSH! That was the sound of you going down the rabbit hole, Tony. Welcome to the matrix :) As far as lenses go, you've got two general options: a) Sony E mount lenses with autofocus ...

October 26, 9:27am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
I have lots of thoughts on the subject, but tied up at the moment. In the meantime everything you need to know about NEX compatible lenses (just about any rangefinder or SLR lens you can imagine) y...

October 25, 4:12pm

Re: Trinity Alps Photography
Eric, I think you're right on for the most part. I believe Adam's zoom was an older Pentax lens. By the way, I really liked some of those shots you took with the 50/2. Very pleasant renderi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trinity Alps Octoberfest
October 25, 12:16pm

Good Times
"Repeat in October 2012?" For me, definitely YES. The scramble to Caribou looks like it would be gnarly fun, I think that's on my to-do list next time around. @Eric, Adam, Cameron...

October 25, 10:48am

Re: Trinity Alps Octoberfest
Great photos everyone! @Jim... what a hassle! I feel for ya man. Hopefully we'll have a chance to see you at a future meet up. I had a blast! Such a great group of guys and gals to hang...

October 24, 8:15am

Re: Burn
Hmmm.. I have a Burn but I wasn't planning to carry it due to packing beer... if I have room in my pack I'll just stuff it in there. Actually, I'll just toss it in my truck for anyon...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
October 18, 5:59pm

Re: Clear drying brush-on adhesive?
Thanks guys. Ken I think seam grip may be on the thick side. The contact cement is sort of the same way but can be brushed out to make a thin application. Paul, I will look for the Selly'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Clear drying brush-on adhesive?
October 18, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Pretty knots
Lets face it a bowline, regardless of effectiveness, is an ugly knot. What with that misshapen line sticking out all awkward like and all. On the other hand, a double figure eight seems like ostent...

In GEAR » Best knot for Triptease line?
October 17, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am