BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4091 - 4100 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ...538

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
Wasn't Alan Greenspan one of Ayn Rand's inner circle? Yes he was. And 5 years after her death, he joined the Federal Reserve which tries to manipulate the money supply. I am sure she is ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 12, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
So would you say that the percentage of business people who are immoral or break the law is higher than the general population who are immoral or break the law? Why do we just assume that busine...

November 12, 5:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: no light either.
I'd rather put mine in a group that tests products/processes it doesn't stand to profit from. -------------------------------------------------------------- But the group does profit, alt...

November 12, 4:26pm

Re: Re: no light either.
Huh??? If the government shouldn't be dabbling in research are you suggesting privately funded research would be inherently be more objective? When billions of dollars could be at stake based u...

November 12, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: light no heat.
I think you raise a larger question (at least in my mind) here Rog: Can we reasonably expect science to remain separate from the influence of political and corporate/financial agendas, regardless ...

November 12, 10:21am

Re: Re: light no heat.
And of course anyone who is not a scientist is not qualified to participate! We don't know anything! From the basic gist of this whole thread the only two people who are supposedly qualified...

November 12, 10:15am

Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
And I thought this was going to be a thread about Mark Twain :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
November 09, 11:48pm

Re: Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
I have used them for car camping to cover picnic benches. Even with this "lightweight" use, they do not last long.

In GEAR » Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
November 09, 11:43pm

Re: Re: Snowshoeing
Jim is right on. Do not underestimate the San Jacintos or San Bernardinos. Conditions can be similar to the Sierras, to include avalanches. I have been at the Tram station with 8' of snow on th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Jacinto
November 09, 8:15pm

Re: August trip in California's White Mountains
Chris, Nice trip!! Just reminded me that this has been on my "bucket list" for several decades.

In Post-Trip Reports » August trip in California's White Mountains
November 08, 11:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am