Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4051 - 4060 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: how?
Here you go. This trip falls into the OP's question regarding 3 day trips. The trip also had 20,000' in elevation gain/fall over a little over 60 miles. Base weight = 3lbs 15 oz Thi...

In GEAR » Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
April 07, 2:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
Travis, Yes it is hard to find the truth. But, we should make an effort; as you just did. Obviously Forbes is pro-business, but they usually do an honest job reporting facts. The big diffi...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 07, 2:20am

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Survey...and whole lot more you didn't ask for.
Craig, Excellent summation. I have pretty much gone back to my Salomon's. They are just better all around for hiking. On our trip I did wear the Shay's and if you remember, I got a prett...

In GEAR » Vibram Fivefingers Survey
April 07, 2:01am

Re: Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
"But why is it the 10 biggest U.S. corporations pay no taxes and actually get money back?" Jerry, Where on earth do you continually get your information? You consistently throw out ...

April 07, 1:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
"Who is "us?" The Republicans AND Democrats are not for any "us." They are after power. I am not a Walker fan. No bid contracts are wrong. Hiring cronies is wrong, I ...

April 07, 12:55am

Re: VFF Survey
David, I have experimented with several pairs of minimalist shoes over the past 3 years, although not the two shoes you mentioned. Overall, they did not last, especially if you hike off-trail. T...

In GEAR » Vibram Fivefingers Survey
April 06, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
The race is a shame. Wisconsin voters are being bombarded by outside influences. It has become a national election. Politics is gaining control of State Supreme Courts. Supporters of both candidate...

April 06, 7:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mostly a knee jerk response
True for most people. I use mine for business and have paid $30,277.75 for gas since I bought it 7 years ago. Purchase price was $31,437.71. So I will exceed the purchase price this year. Maintenan...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: mostly a knee jerk response
Just paid $4.179. 25.641 gallons = $107.15. Ouch! Yes, for some people it might be another $500 per year, but it is still going to be double what was spent a while back. That hits a lot of peopl...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 06, 4:25pm

Re: Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
In the past, GG Murmur here too. But the biggest issue for me is usually water. Not a lot of it where I hike a lot of the time. So when the pack weight gets up near 20 lbs, and the pack is not ...

In GEAR » Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
April 06, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am