BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4041 - 4050 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Poncho/tarp help
I have the silnylon and it is a great product. Regarding the cuben... you can save about 3 oz for double the money. IMO it is just a financial decision that only you can make.

In GEAR » Poncho/tarp help
November 21, 10:35pm

Re: Re: Re: tried it
i would never pay to read an article that should be posted for free. though if you want to fine. it gives them money so they can maintain this site an keep the forums going. personally i have a pro...

In Winter Hiking » snow shoeing in trail runners?
November 21, 10:13pm

Re: "Including the weight of water"
Most of the gear lists I have seen include water and food, it is added to the base weight. Click on my profile and there is a list that I posted a few months ago that includes food and water. I ...

In GEAR » Including the weight of water
November 21, 10:03pm

Re: Is it really that bad?
Tom et al, Do not worry, no one has upset me. As a matter of fact, the only person who can upset me is: Me, and that has not happened in several decades. And this thread is the most fun I have h...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 21, 9:33pm

Re: Re: no light either.
Tom, I do not know why you are so combative. Corporations are not allowed to contribute to campaigns. So of course no CEO has been fired for this. Or do you have a list of corporations that have...

November 19, 10:20pm

Re: Re: Re: no light either.
You're taking that question out of context, Nick. It immediately followed a question that had to do with: when is the last time you saw a board of directors fire a CEO because they disagreed wi...

November 19, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Government
"We do not have a democracy, it is a republic." And how are our leaders chosen, both in the executive and legislative branches? -------------------------------------------------------...

November 19, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rog t is a good educational value
The need for professionals who understand the links between climate and society is acute, and grows ever more so as human activity alters the global atmosphere. --------------------------------...

November 19, 12:43pm

Re: Re: twinkly lights on the tube
The reality beyond the enjoyable yet oversimplifed discussions is that trying to understand who owns what is baffling. This can easily be seen by picking any large global corporation and then going...

November 19, 12:39pm

Re: putative World Government sets out it's stall
Rog, I mentioned pages ago that Al Gore would become the first Global Warming Billionaire :)

November 19, 2:07am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am