Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4041 - 4050 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: philosophy
"I'm not so much into philosophy either - makes for interesting discussions but doesn't get you anywhere" Jerry, Your life depends upon it. It is just a matter of who's...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 08, 10:48am

Self Sacrifice
"So if you and your wife are being attacked, you are exceptionally immoral if you sacrifice yourself to save her? Am I understanding this correctly? Or does this only count for money?" ...

March 08, 10:42am

Re: Re: @ Tom
Tom, Excellent discourse. Let’s start from the bottom of your post and work up. “Whose philosophy will guide this process?” This is the crux of the issue. A society must have a ‘s...

March 08, 9:54am

Re: Opinions
There are two camps. The Roger Caffin camp likes canisters, and are willing to modify design to use in cold weather. The Bob Gross camp likes WG, and are comfortable with the more complex wor...

In GEAR » Stove Question - Winter/Summer
March 08, 8:02am

Re: Approval
"My wife would certainly approve of your plan. Of course, I'm not going to tell her about it because it might give her an ugly idea!" It is about the re-distribution of family in...

In GEAR » 2011 Gear Purchase Moratorium?
March 08, 7:57am

Re: Packa
Eric, I am not completely sold on the Packa idea yet. However I read somewhere that they are now available in eVent. Yes, it has big zip pits, but is all the pent up vapor going to make its way ...

In GEAR » Rain jacket suggestions
March 07, 6:32pm

Re: "What do you do for Lunch?"
Red Vines if I can get away with it. +1

In GEAR » What do you do for Lunch?
March 07, 6:25pm

Re: Re: Re: If Ryan Jordan gets to talk to Steve Jobs
Hmmm.... I wonder... is there a data exhange in 3G mode which goes against the monthly allotment? If so, then it might be an issue with the carrier. The new Verizon iPhones have an unlimited dat...

In Chaff » Ryan Jordan and Steve Jobs
March 07, 6:23pm

Re: iPhone & GPS
Right about limited 3G, but one could send an email to friends and family to let them know you are still alive. Just throwing out some thoughts. I use my Kindle a lot for reading and like it. I hav...

March 07, 6:05pm

Re: If Ryan Jordan gets to talk to Steve Jobs
Roleigh, If you cannot get any reception, then how does it work as a GPS? It needs data to work as a GPS, doesn't it? Or are you just using a map? If just the map, then can't you load ma...

March 07, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am