Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4031 - 4040 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
It does sounds suspicious. This kind of stuff happens all the time in many states. One would think that State and county election officials would tighten up requirements. I have not looked into ...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 08, 8:46am

Re: Re: Newt is close
Scroll down this thread for a mini-review of TNF Flyweight Rucksack. 11.8oz and I paid around $35 for it. I use it as my carry-on luggage a lot, for week-long trips. Lots of day hikes and after tha...

In GEAR » Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
April 08, 8:35am

So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
Well, it will be my 3rd annual trip. 2009 was solo. Last year Craig Wisner joined me. Trip reports are linked at the bottom of this thread. This hike is unique for the types of terrain and climatic...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 08, 1:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
The tenor of this post is decidedly different from your reply to Travis's counter of your own "facts" below. As you admit, Forbes is pro business. Travis's source is progressive, ...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 07, 9:27pm

Re: Re: trekking poles
Ben, Great point. I have been thinking about doing just that. I really like a single hiking staff much better. Actually I already bought a pole from MLD and did use a staff and the pole for a wh...

In GEAR » Shelter - biggest desicion in backpacking
April 07, 1:55pm

Re: interesting
When I open BPL, I click the "Recent Threads" button. To be honest, I never even look at which form they are created in.

In Gear Swap » Question for the MODS
April 07, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
Ironic that Al Qaeda wants Kadhafi out too.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
Doug, Excellent point, I did not infer differently. BUT... can you imagine the pain a private's family will face, while he is fighting in the middle east? Politics at its worse.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 1:00pm

Re: "Question for the MODS"
I have purchased a few things here on Gear Swap. I guess it is my responsibility to check out the seller. But lets look at the benefits of for profit sellers... Lets say that Ben was able to ...

In Gear Swap » Question for the MODS
April 07, 12:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: car cost vs gas cost
"Seems to be an incentive to keep your car longer." One would think so... but it is probably not true. Many Americans get new cars before they even pay off the old one, and apply the n...

In Chaff » What did you pay for gasoline today?
April 07, 12:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am