BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4031 - 4040 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ...537

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: new waterfall record
Introducing a hands down future winner of The Darwin Award. I second your nomination.

In Packrafting » new waterfall record
January 13, 12:24am

Re: Solar Panels??
DW, Wow. That's a lot of planning. Would be cool if you could post some pictures. Perhaps if we are hijacking this thread we could start a new one in Chaff. I installed 3 ceiling fans in ...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 13, 12:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Solar Panels??
DW, Some great points. Your solar installation included assessment and upgrades to other items in the house. Similar to what I did with our trailer. I measured my consumption and adjusted. Bigge...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 11, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Solar Panels??
Ben, No I haven't. Here is the reason. The only way you can realize a ROI (amortize your costs over 20 years - which is what most quality companies warranty their panels for) is to take adva...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 11, 1:39am

Re: Re: Re: Solar Panels??
> Nick, it is easy for you to be a big solar advocate. You live in Southern California. > As you start moving north, the practicality of solar reduces. By Portland, it is marginal. By Seattl...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 10, 11:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Solar Panels??
>You got rid of that Starcraft that you did all those great mods too?! Terri, look closely at the upper right of the picture I posted. It is there in the background. I am probably going to gi...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 10, 11:23pm

Re: Solar Panels??
I am a huge solar advocate. We have a tent trailer that has 250 watts of panels. Prior to our current trailer we have owned for 5 years, we had another with 120 watts of power. I also have a sophis...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 10, 2:32pm

Re: Joshua Tree 1.1.11
Craig, Great pictures. I wish you guys would stop posting about JNP, it just encourages more people to go there :) Just kidding.

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree 1.1.11
January 10, 1:29pm

Re: Joshua Tree Dec 2010
Adan, Great trip and report. I have always liked that part of the park. Wind is often something to contend with in deserts. It can get really cold there in winter, as you found out. And now you ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree Dec 2010
January 10, 1:08pm

Got It!
Came in over the holidays while I was away (pretty much been on vacation since a week before Thanksgiving). But first a little bit about the process. After you send Dan all your measurements, an...

In GEAR » McHale Packs -- Observations & Comments
January 10, 3:00am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am