Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 8296 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...830

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another shoe recommendation thread
"It's true,he doesn't really know much,he's just full of himself;)" Ha, ha, ha,... you have a smily face icon, but, Skurka's techniques work for him on his trips but no...

In GEAR » Another shoe recommendation thread
May 16, 11:17am

Re: Re: Another shoe recommendation thread
I don't think it's that cut and dried - many people wear waterproof breathable shoes or boots I have little experience with breathable shoes, but they were fairly wet on my one trip of 4...

May 16, 10:50am

Re: Re: Another shoe recommendation thread
I wear WPB mid height boots with breathable nylon gaiters in the wettest conditions - wet brush and melting snow - and my feet are just damp at the end of the day. Andrew talking about "p...

May 16, 9:04am

Re: Running shoes are for running
I just went on trip with breathable shoe. Every time I went through a stream deeper than 1 inch, my feet got wet. At end of day, my feet/socks were quite a bit wetter than if I had waterproof bre...

May 16, 8:40am

Re: Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
somebody said to use 3M 9460 tape because it doesn't creep over time some spinaker makers use tape, and then sew to prevent creeping. You want to join the two pieces with tape, then sew thr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
May 15, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
I made a pack with two vertical tubes. It's a bit difficult to divide your stuff between the two tubes. Like my mattress goes in one tube and the sleeping bag in the other, etc.? Then the ...

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 15, 8:55am

Re: The next super DWR???
"Wait! there's more! We'll send you an additional bottle for just the cost of shipping and handling ($20)" Not that the technology might not be useful. It just made me think ...

In GEAR » The next super DWR???
May 15, 8:45am

Re: Re: rigid plastic
I like to put my tent poles on the back side. A strap with buckle on the top to pull the top of the pole towards my back which flattens the pack. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backp...

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 14, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Past Generations just Failed to Broadcast Crime
More people today so more serial killers More broadly transmitted information so we know more about any serial killers Polarization is partially created by people that want to control things....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 13, 11:58pm

Re: iHome mini speaker
Yeah - boom box in wilderness is obnoxious to other people but a low volume speaker that no one else hears is not a problem if you're camped right next to a bunch of other people that don...

In GEAR » Backpacking mini speaker
May 13, 11:05am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.