Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 9481 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...949

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FDA moves to ban trans fats
Since they required trans fat labeling, it disappeared from food. If they could just label French Fries at fast food place we'de be done. But they still have partially hydrogenated vegeta...

In Chaff » FDA moves to ban trans fats
November 09, 8:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Roger D. is interesting too !
That's what I did Ian - save 20% mostly in 401K, retire at 51 But I don't see how you can plan it precisely. It depends how your investments do. I worked fairly hard, some 50 hour we...

In Chaff » I want to be a millennial when I retire...
November 09, 8:01am

Re: Re: Spontaneous Trans Fat Prose
I agree, almost every problem comes down to the fact we have "the best government money can buy" The FDA has delayed doing anything about trans fat because it's been bought, but th...

In Chaff » FDA moves to ban trans fats
November 09, 12:05am

Re: Benghazi - 60 Minutes
"Over the long run, someone will pay about the same whether they get just catastrophic insurance or a more complete policy, so it's not really that big a deal." What is this statem...

In Chaff » Benghazi - 60 Minutes
November 08, 11:58pm

Re: RE: Why
"At any rate, why do you think the President misspoke on keeping your insurance and doctors?" He should have said "unless you're under insured" after he said "you ca...

November 08, 6:19pm

Re: Oregon Trip
Most years I do a Rogue River backpack in early spring or late winter. Very few other people. I'm not into fishing but I see some fisher people. Excellent backpacking. Check out http://www....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oregon Trip
November 08, 6:07pm

Re: Truth
I agree - that is the most amazing adventure I've heard about!

In On the Web » All about the gear...
November 08, 4:35pm

Re: Period
No benefit of doubt - he made up the whole story - the only question is why? I think Obama sort of apologized for saying people could keep their insurance. He certainly said that people could...

November 08, 4:33pm

Re: Benefit of the doubt
"Now, I am not sure he lied, after all he was only quoted one time." 60 minutes did an entire piece. 15 minutes of air time? The interview must have been much longer. He said he sca...

November 08, 3:23pm

Re: Re: What have you been finding at thrift stores?
My wife got an REI fleece vest that I'm wearing this moment. She bought some shirts for me. I can't stand going through thrift stores. It takes so much time to find one thing that'...

In GEAR » What have you been finding at thrift stores?
November 08, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.