BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 7302 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...731

Forum » Thread

Re: Obama Biden
Brad Computers and integrated circuits and so forth require expensive equipment. The cost of labor isn't that big a percentage of the cost. We could make them here for about the same cost....

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 24, 8:19am

Re: Re: Re: Obama Biden
Brad - politics aside, if we make all our stuff overseas and then buy it here for cheap, the economy won't be healthy. We need middle class people here that make stuff and get paid well so the...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 8:53pm

Re: 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
Good info. I got to go plan a winter outing now

In Editor's Roundtable » 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
October 23, 8:23pm

Re: Obama Biden
In the case of Sensata - that company was profitable, Bain took it over to make a short term profit and the Chinese government wanted the technology. It's a lot more complicated than just sa...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 1:13pm

Re: Re: Obama Biden
I was yelling at the TV "Sensata" The name of the company Bain bought, and now they're shipping the machines over to China to be operated by Chinese workers rather than U.S. worker...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 9:37am

Re: Re: Obama/Biden
What's interesting is that when you count electoral college votes, things look much better for Obama - if he wins Ohio he'll win - if he loses Ohio there are other paths to winning - Romney...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 23, 9:21am

Re: M50 Primaloft Pullover
Nice job That's really light weight

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Primaloft Pullover
October 23, 9:03am

Re: Thoughts on preventing hypothermia
I too wore a cotton shirt on some windy, rainy mountain. Took the shirt off and I was warmer. It was my base layer so I had to strip to nothing which was funny in the wind and wet.

In Philosophy & Technique » What Would BPL Do...
October 22, 5:53pm

Re: Attaching Quilt to the Pad
Very imaginative and creative. I like how you used the buckles in a way they didn't really intend That nicely gets around the problem of quilt being drafty in cold weather

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching Quilt to the Pad
October 22, 3:55pm

Re: Re Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
I agree it would be nice to have list with most recent first I normally read them the week they come out, so they're there on the home page Or, Maia posts a thread for comments about the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are the new Backpackinglight articles?
October 16, 11:19am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.