Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 8948 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...895

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Changing Avatar
I thought I was being funny

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Changing Avatar
September 07, 6:14pm

Recently declassified documents showing CIA helped overthrow Iran government in 1953
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/19/politics/cia-iran-1953-coup/ Recently declassified CIA documents: Mossadegh was a somewhat deomocratic and popular leader of Iran He wanted to nationalize Ira...

In Chaff » Anyone else concerned about probable US-Syrian conflict?
September 07, 6:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else concerned about probable US-Syrian conflict?
I agree Tom, the middle East is totally messed up by our meddling including Iraq and Afganistan war. I'm just saying that Obama pulling our troops out is better than leaving them in. I wo...

September 07, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else concerned about probable US-Syrian conflict?
"The war is still in its early stages" okay, the British and Russians had their turn, then us, and things will continue to be "unstable". At least we're not there making...

September 07, 5:16pm

Re: Changing Avatar
I think I'm seeing your old avatar but if I followed the instructions above I would see your new avatar : ) I'm just trying to be a comedian

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Changing Avatar
September 07, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Re: marketing
"real innovation comes from actual use, not marketing departments ... " +1

In GEAR » Unusual tarp/bivy combo
September 07, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else concerned about probable US-Syrian conflict?
"Things beyond dispute: 1) Iraq had chemical weapons. We know this because they used them on the Kurds and Iran. Also, the west, including the US, sold them to them. To my knowledge, we sti...

September 07, 12:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else concerned about probable US-Syrian conflict?
"The military objectives for Afghanistan post 9/11 as I perceived them: 1) Bring Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda to justice 2) Disrupt and dismantle their infrastructure in that region 3) He...

September 07, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Planer tent walls
good idea you have to accomodate the stretchiness of the material I don't know if sketchup could model that

In Make Your Own Gear » Planer tent walls
September 07, 12:16pm

Re: marketing
On the other hand, innovation is trying out different ideas. Sometimes it doesn't work out so good. Sometimes it will stimulate some other idea.

In GEAR » Unusual tarp/bivy combo
September 07, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.