Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 9320 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...932

Forum » Thread

Re: Tea Party Haters
"Carter also gave away the Panama Canal" the lease expired it's someone else's country, empires are a bad idea the earth did not stop rotating on it's axis after Pana...

In Chaff » Tea Party Haters
October 23, 8:01am

Re: "ultra-light hiking should be a gradual goal " Or maybe not.
"What is relative recently? 50 years? relatively speaking." Ray Jardine came out with "Beyond Backpacking" in 1999 I replaced my 5 pound tent with a 3 pound tent before...

In Philosophy & Technique » PROFESSOR HIKE: TOP 10 BEGINNER HIKER BLUNDERS
October 23, 7:50am

Re: Re: GFC
Ha, ha, ha, you beat me to it Ken maybe Gaelic Football Club?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL has Ads now ?
October 23, 7:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Ground insulation.
"if you're cold, put a hat on" to some extent, if you're cold, it doesn't matter where you increase your insulation - better pad, better jacket, better hat,... depending...

In GEAR » Ground insulation.
October 23, 7:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpacking With A Voice Recorder
"It nice to bill for hiking time." What? You bill for hiking time if you come up with a work idea? You chemical engineers....

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Voice Recorder
October 23, 7:18am

Re: NO OFFENSE
I don't think you've offended anyone. I've got a couple silnylon pyramids I've used for several years. Maybe 200 nights. Lots of wind and rain. They work. If they didn't ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Material. Feedback Wanted.
October 23, 12:06am

Re: Re: Re: Backpacking With A Voice Recorder
memory is cheap, no reason to skimp on bandwidth.

October 22, 8:38pm

Re: Chill down
"think Rap music is the cause of all that's wrong with America. Does that make me a racist? Ease off dude, just a little fun." That is one of those "jokes" that you ...

In Chaff » Interesting Op Ed piece
October 22, 8:37pm

Re: Backpacking With A Voice Recorder
I have a Sansa Clip - 0.85 ounces - maybe 16 hours on a charge - it does voice recording but I haven't used it yet I occasionally record something using my camera - record video and start ta...

October 22, 7:58pm

Re: Re: Tempering Dark Chocolate
so, is there any value to prevent melting in warm weather?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
October 22, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.