BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 7442 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...745

Forum » Thread

Re: Right here, right now.
I'll bite Just looked at CNN Map of Gaza - "Hamas says 24 dead, 200 wounded" OMG - I'm agreeing with Micheal L : )

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 16, 10:34am

Re: Re Alternative history
"Two rights don't make a wrong Jerry." If you worry about who's right and wrong, it just leads to arguments "Someone has to lose in this conflict." A reasonab...

November 16, 10:23am

Re: What a coincidence . . .
What I don't like about wood stoves is I want to use my pot as my cup to drink coffee out of The outside of the pot gets sooty from wood stove This is obnoxious to drink out of - I don...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canister Windscreen – Quest for Quality
November 16, 10:13am

Re: Not necessarily the end
What I heard on news was that management made demands on labor Labor refused to agree to management demands Management shut down the business

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 16, 10:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
"Why do you think Obama is doing a southeast asia tour including Myanmar. Trying to box China in. Yeah guess they don't interfere with other countries..." That has some historical ...

November 16, 10:08am

Re: Alternative history
"Hundreds of thousands of Arabians then move into Texas by force, and stick most of the Texans in concentration camps, and force the remainder into little enclaves." Mike - that sounds...

November 16, 10:06am

Re: Not anti
"It's not simple in the least..." That's for sure If we tried to treat the Isrealis and Plastinians equally, it might be more likely to get peace there. Carter got the Is...

November 16, 7:45am

Re: Jerry's fact checker
"The U.S. currently produces 5 or 6 million barrels per day; consumption is approx. 19 million per day" wikipedia - 2011 U.S. production 9.7 million per day There's this oil boo...

November 16, 12:29am

Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
"German treatment of Jews during WWII has something to do with our support of Isreal Indeed, but why should innocent Palestinians have to pay the price for German atrocities? They had no...

November 16, 12:11am

Re: Re: Re: Valid combatant targets @ Dean
"However pushing trucking industry to natural gas could speed that up" That is what's sad Many people have proposed this but D and R politicans won't do anything So, ther...

November 15, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.