Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 8557 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...856

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: More
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/07/james-clapper-apologizes-to-congress-for-clearly-erroneous-testimony/ Clapper testified that the NSA doesn't collect data on U.S. citizens Sno...

In Chaff » Snowden
July 11, 1:56pm

Re: 117
If the body touches the ground, then you now have 4 points touching the ground so it can be wobbly on slightly uneven ground. "Three legged stools" have advantages. But if the 3 legs ar...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 2
July 11, 8:13am

Re: Re: WCT
If you yo yo it, you won't have to worry about car shuttle When you walk the other direction, you'll see different things

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail
July 10, 7:46pm

Re: Learn to Packraft! Episode 1: An Introduction to Packrafting
Thanks Ryan, that looks fun, I'm going to try that some day

In Editor's Roundtable » Learn to Packraft! Episode 1: An Introduction to Packrafting
July 10, 9:34am

Re: Firearms
You're imagining a problem. If you look at actual cases of someone in U.S. being attacked by wolf, it's maybe once every few years if you include Alaska. Worry about automobile accide...

In GEAR » Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
July 09, 10:51pm

Re: Type of wolf matters
nice Daryl

July 09, 9:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
yeah, if I thought a wolf was threatening me I'de probably want it exterminated : )

July 09, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
ha, ha, ha David people killed in 1888, 1910, 1875? "I saw a wolf once, it checked out our lab pup and then disappeared into the trees. Abercrombie Mtn. 1974." Okay, now I think ...

July 09, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
Good link Michael, from wiki article: in 2013 someone in Turkey was killed by wolf, rabies suspected in 2012 someone killed by tame wolves in enclosure, someone killed by wild wolf in China ...

July 09, 5:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Eric
If you had one pole, fixed both ends, and pulled on the center, it would flex less than two poles with half the diameter. Material further away from the center will result in more strength. A tub...

In GEAR » Shelter Help - death of an old companion
July 09, 3:57pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.