BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 7361 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...737

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Romney/ Ryan 2012
Michael is very close to voting for Obama

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 01, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Okay, Michael, I read the wikipedia link Still, I don't get what the big deal is In the couple weeks after, the Obama administration talked about the video as being a factor. That seems ...

November 01, 8:27am

Re: Jerry
When you say "But you'll never believe your boy could be such a criminal." Is that a racist statement? Calling Obama "boy"? Based on what else you've said, I don&...

November 01, 8:10am

Re: Sew like it's 1776?
Nice picture. Fine English. If one of those guys lifts his leg, there will be a gap of several inches below bottom and the socks/boots. Oh! There's Obama. Demonstrating his foreign pol...

In GEAR » Combining rain pants in gaiters into 1 product
November 01, 7:55am

I think you should look into birth certificate scandal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories And is that really Trump's hair? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...

November 01, 7:44am

Re: Re: Re: Jerry
What I understand is that a local militia got arms that use to be Kadafi's. They were p...ed off about the video. They did an orchestrated and sophisticated terrorist attack. So, you are j...

November 01, 12:21am

And of course the other thing is that Obama has a strong foreign affairs record - ended one war, a second war ending, a third war (Libya) was quickly and successfully executed with no U.S. casualti...

November 01, 12:12am

What details are emerging? Sort of like Trump saying there are a bunch of disturbing details emerging about Obama's birth certificate? I think it comes down to the video that was made tha...

October 31, 11:57pm

Re: Re: Suggestions for UL Waterproof Gaitors?
I wear gaiters - 1.1 oz/yd2 DWR nylon - I go through a lot of rain, wet brush, and melting snow - the gaiters get saturated - the socks underneath get a little damp but not wet enough for the water...

In GEAR » Suggestions for UL Waterproof Gaitors?
October 31, 11:39pm

Re: insulation question
If the outer garment isn't big enough, it'll compress the inner garment making it less warm. Maybe, if the down is on the inside, it will get compressed more and lose warmth. Synthetic ...

In GEAR » insulation question
October 31, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.