Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 8620 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...862

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zimmerman?
"These assholes, they always get away" Yeah, words matter : )

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 20, 11:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zimmerman?
No, I only watched a little Mostly I heard the mainstream media accounts because it was so saturated If I made up my mind before hand from liberal sources I would think Zimmerman was a racist...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 20, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Snaps.
I walk through grass a lot and they stay put But, it just depends, may work and may not I agree, keeping stickers and dirt out of shoes is important

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
July 20, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Snaps.
With long pants, when you raise your knee up to take a step, the bottom of the pants go up too. With gaiters hanging from your calf or just sitting there on top of your shoes, they will stay ove...

July 20, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Zimmerman?
Not that it matters, but if I was on the jury I would have voted for manslaughter, but I accept that the jury concluded it wasn't proven beyond reasonable doubt. That one juror said that initi...

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 20, 9:40pm

Re: Snaps.
I just let my gaiters hang loose. Doesn't work as good for lower shoes. Or if I'm sinking into show.

July 20, 9:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zimmerman
Policemen are trained to control the suspect without having to shoot him. Was Trevon a trained MMA person?

In Chaff » Zimmerman?
July 20, 3:48pm

Re: 500th episode of This American Life
I listened to that it was interesting to hear what they considered favorites like the irony of driving the "Trail of Tears" listening to "Born in the USA" I'm liste...

In Chaff » 500th episode of This American Life
July 20, 2:34pm

Re: Anyone?
No idea, but why does it matter? Is it still waterproof?

In GEAR » Spots on Silnylon (Causes and Cleaning)
July 19, 10:06pm

Re: Velcro for a silnylon tent floor?
"kitchen/bath/plumbing" has mildewcide? I would rather not have that. Might be toxic or affect performance? "3 hour shower ready" - I wonder what they do to it to make it c...

In GEAR » Velcro for a silnylon tent floor?
July 19, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.