BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 7239 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...724

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oregon Winter Gearlist
I've done Sand Point and Cape Alava, Rialto Beach, Toleak Point - in recent winters - that is one of the best areas I can think of - few other people backpacking. I've done it a couple tim...

In Gear Lists » Oregon Winter Gearlist
October 11, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Oregon Winter Gearlist
Dale - I didn't manage a trip to the beach at the Olympics last year - schedule and weather didn't coincide - you now have me looking forward to it eagerly - I better go look up tide tables...

In Gear Lists » Oregon Winter Gearlist
October 11, 2:47pm

Re: Bag Weight
Pint freezer - 5.7 grams Sandwich bag is okay if you shake filter out good

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Tips
October 11, 2:43pm

Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
I googled "white horse prohecy" purportedly, Joseph Smith prophesized that a Mormon will become president and "save" the country making it a mormon dominated theocracy Rom...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 11, 12:04pm

Re: Hee hee
Bill Wattenburg has been pushing this - he's more conservative than liberal T Boone Pickens has pushed it - very conservative destroyer of Democratic presedential candidates The governmen...

October 11, 11:20am

Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
So, if you have Mormon experience, what's this about the prophecy that a Mormon will become president and ...

October 11, 10:49am

Re: Re: shop-vac?
I just put one hand stitch for each baffle to keep down in. If you push it way down, and don't manipulate it more than necesary, down will stay there. And it just seems like doing it by han...

In Make Your Own Gear » Handling down
October 11, 10:37am

Re: Re: Re: Drip Stoppers
Freezer bags are sturdier, but heavier. Regardless, you have to replace occasionally. If you shake out the Squeeze vigorously - hold at arm's length and swing as fast as possible, multiple ...

October 11, 9:47am

Re: Re: Re: Jerry
I agree with you Brad But Michael copied just the liberal bias without the criticism or the conservative bias - that's cherry picking - I listed all the biases Yeah, the lack of energy po...

October 11, 9:42am

Re: Drip Stoppers
Just use a pint zip loc bag. Plus, it adds a little insulation to keep it from freezing.

October 11, 8:45am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.