Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4021 - 4030 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: caldera
Brian didn't mention that a cuben bag weighs almost nothing and will keep the residue off everything else. Nice kit, Brian.

In GEAR » Caldera cone with Esbit
April 08, 2:10pm

Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
And, according to your previous post, more likely not to go through the 'hassle' of getting an ID (doesn't need to be a driver's license) so they can fulfill their responsibility as...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 08, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
Doug, We are probably a ways from electronic voting. But no reason not to work at it, or at least explore it. Heck, we dictate technology to companies... tell them they must figure out a way...

April 08, 12:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"In an electronic system, after you vote, there's nothing to go back and check." I have no expertise in how to build an electronic system. However, a centralized system would creat...

April 08, 12:09pm

Does it matter?
I really don't care if someone sells for a profit here. Apparently the ownership of BPL doesn't either. It is their decision, not ours... other than we can choose who we want to purchase fr...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 08, 11:49am

Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"that dog wont hunt" Gotta love you southerners! A couple of my employees live in the south, and it is a blast to listen to them tells stories with all the little sayings sprinkled in....

April 08, 11:34am

Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
Sounds like there could have been fraud in Wisconsin? We know there is fraud on election day, especially with the same day registration in some states. To what extent is unknown. Did Bush really...

April 08, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
"Internet voting would be great in theory, but how the heck would you regulate that?" How would you verify the right person was voting? How would you verify that the counter of vote...

April 08, 10:08am

Re: Re: Re: Government shutdowns ?
"Sadly, there's no accessible wilderness where one can legally just *camp* in some parts of the country. Either you pay 20 bucks per night to stay at some run-down state RV campground, or ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 08, 9:56am

Re: Re: Height
I have a Wild Oasis, and agree with Jack's comments. You say you have used a 8' X 10' tarp in the past. Cuben versions of similar size are around 5 - 6 oz. Even with a net inner, you...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape good in the PNW?
April 08, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am