Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4011 - 4020 of 5654 | Page: 1 ...393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ...566

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: on good teaching
"I'm sure you can understand why this is frightening to the general public." I think what is frightening many people is the fact that some high school graduates can barely read or ...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
March 31, 12:18pm

Re: Trade schools
Katrina, I am glad you brought up trade schools. One of the most common trade classes that is taught in the US, is automotive technology. This is my area of expertise. This trade, like many othe...

March 31, 11:45am

Re: Education...
As a teacher, I'm thankful that some of you acknowledge the complexity of the task. ----- Craig, I hear you. I have lots of ideas but this isn't the place and I am not an educator :)...

March 31, 4:31am

Re: Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob
Neal, I tarp in the Mohave and Lower Colorado desert a lot. I don't worry about snakes when sleeping. They are not going to come after you... you are bigger and cannot eat you. They also can...

In GEAR » Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob
March 31, 2:49am

Re: Railriders Ecomesh or similar?
Craig, I wore an eco-mesh shirt last year on our trip. All 3 days, even in triple digits. Slept in it each night too. I also own several Adventure and Madison River shirts. I like the eco-mesh b...

In GEAR » Railriders Ecomesh or similar?
March 31, 2:17am

Re: Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
I hate the metric system. In the 70's when I was a mechanic I had to purchase a 2nd set of tools. Who wants to watch a 1500 meter race, a mile is much more classic. Plus on most tracks, the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
March 31, 1:31am

@ Nate: Questions for you.
Nate, You stated that "the top 20 percent of income holders control 85 percent of the wealth." I don't know if that is true or not, but for now I will assume you have checked yo...

March 31, 12:40am

Re: Republicans attack on wilderness. Unconscionable.
My question to you is: Once you've cut off all the unemployment benefits and those little stimulus checks to the poor, what do you propose society should do with all those hungry, homeless peop...

March 31, 12:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ken
I like the basic concept of supply and demand, but do feel like society is not always right. Usually this is due to ignorance. ----------------------------------------------------- George, i...

March 30, 7:28pm

Re: Republicans attack on wilderness. Unconscionable.
Income inequality is a moral disorder. No one has a "right" to horde wealth on this rock, we all share. The government should redistribute income both because it is the morally correct th...

March 30, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am