Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4011 - 4020 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Organic Mattress recommendations?
Not sure what you mean by organic. Aireloom might not be entirely organic, but they try to be "eco-friendly," or at least advertise as such. From their website. 1. Oeko-Tex certi...

In Chaff » Organic Mattress recommendations?
April 11, 12:25pm

Re: Lighter Closed Cell Pad
I bought a selection last year and have been very happy with them. They can tear if you are not careful (esp the 3/8").

In GEAR » Lighter Closed Cell Pad
April 10, 11:31pm

Re: Aquamira Information and Update
Pretty outstanding for the COO to provide such a lengthy and informative response! So what methodology to use? I like Craig's option A and used it for years with iodine tablets. I have been ...

In GEAR » Aquamira Information and Update
April 10, 11:20pm

Re: Re: Overboots in early spring?
Are they even needed? 20F-40F, 4 to 24 inches of snow (is this new snow, or snow already on the ground)?

In GEAR » Overboots in early spring?
April 10, 11:10pm

Re: 3 Season Gear List for relativly new ultraliter
Justin, Great list. Do you need a bivy with a 8' X 10' tarp. This is one of the reasons I went back to a larger tarp on larger trips, my cuben tarp is lighter than my poncho/tarp and I c...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season Gear List for relativly new ultraliter
April 10, 11:03pm

Re: Re: Re: I wonder...
Jeff, I hope you were kidding about Ben. If you were, then a smiley face would have been appropriate. I think Ben is completely wrong on this subject, and stated it earlier. But he is entitle...

In Gear Swap » Public Apology to the BPL Family
April 08, 8:01pm

Re: Wisconsin voters speak up in record numbers
Tom, Interesting article. You are correct that you cannot even believe financial statements and such. And all of us cannot be CPAs. I guess this where common sense and personal responsibility as...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 08, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
Interesting, Roger. I did not know that. So what if I refuse to vote, say because I had no education, could not read, and had no access to the issues because I lived far from urbanized areas? Would...

April 08, 4:55pm

Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
Voter suppression attempts have been a fact of life for a long time. It is usually illegal. Most often, it is racist/bigotry based, not necessarily instigated by either party. And if an individual ...

April 08, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Wisconsin petri dish
How are the Republicans taking away the right to vote? Requiring someone to prove they are a citizen or eligible to vote does not take away their right to vote. IDs are easy to get -- if you...

April 08, 3:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am