BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 4001 - 4010 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: light no heat.
And of course anyone who is not a scientist is not qualified to participate! We don't know anything! From the basic gist of this whole thread the only two people who are supposedly qualified...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 12, 10:15am

Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
And I thought this was going to be a thread about Mark Twain :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
November 09, 11:48pm

Re: Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
I have used them for car camping to cover picnic benches. Even with this "lightweight" use, they do not last long.

In GEAR » Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
November 09, 11:43pm

Re: Re: Snowshoeing
Jim is right on. Do not underestimate the San Jacintos or San Bernardinos. Conditions can be similar to the Sierras, to include avalanches. I have been at the Tram station with 8' of snow on th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Jacinto
November 09, 8:15pm

Re: August trip in California's White Mountains
Chris, Nice trip!! Just reminded me that this has been on my "bucket list" for several decades.

In Post-Trip Reports » August trip in California's White Mountains
November 08, 11:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: returning from a long trip
Jack, It was a wonderful trip, the best I have ever done, and I was nearly self-supported on trout, Top Ramen, rice, tortillas, oatmeal, and Kool Aid with cyclomates. Cyclomates are the mile...

In GEAR » Re-entering society after a long distance hike
November 08, 11:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ever heard the barn of seamus
On a philosophical note regarding the main topic, I'd be interested in discussing the logic of government forcing an agenda of reduction in energy production (and therefore wealth generation) o...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 08, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Intensity
>> I'll bet you'd find we have a lot in common Yep. I just like to stir the pot. Upper management in my company has learned NOT to ask my opinion, unless they really want to know w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 08, 9:09pm

Re: Nice!
Mike, I have never gotten hip or shoulder strap bottle systems to work for me. They get in the way and are just a plain pain in the you-know-what. Also, I have never really had a pack that was c...

In GEAR » GG Mariposa Plus ?
November 07, 10:43pm

Re: Re: Intensity
Holy Moly, Tom and I agree!! The science of running can get very technical, but lets look at some high level theories. Lets take a distance runner who will be in training for several months. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 07, 10:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am